• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Woop Fucking Woop

( I apologize for language ;)

Finally completed all my college work for my level 2! of HGV mechanic! Okay so now just got to see if they take me on for my third year or if ill be job hunting! Fingers crossed! So with all this, that's why progress has been slow!

Now I have some time to appreciate my little starbo!, I'm really wanting to sort this faded side out asap so i can start going to more local meets and just general driving! It's surprising how much shit you get with a faded starlet, but fuck em! As this is a daily track car build, i don't always have hours to spend and cant afford for complications as i need my car for commuting! That being said it doesn't stop me! So to let you all know i have done nothing as off yet!, had a little look at what i can do this weekend. So weather dependent i should be able to complete a few things! These being swapping my rear shocks for the old ones as there on there way out, under sealing the car, arches etc! and painting bits and bobs! Maybe even some body work!

As it is a project car im not over worried about it, so gonna crack on and start filling in the drivers door rust and dent above drivers door! Shame about the 9 owners its had no ones looked after it lol! so about time that changed! I was debating having just one side sprayed but due to both sides having alot of imperfections that i know about! im gonna save for a full respray! As well as ordering parts from RHDJapan soon!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

There is alot of general fade such as bonnet and roof which im annoyed about so they need sorted Also

Test fitted the carbon surround! Needs a carbon wing a bubble lights and zaust soon!

Okay so carbon inner door handles shall be arriving from Japan soon, so that will be good! Going to respray the center console properly at work tomorrow. More updates on weekend!!!!

EditedFaded_zps550786fe.jpg

FadedSided_zpse587dbbb.jpg

Interioryooo_zps3a4e558e.jpg

Autoglassaccident_zps0f8064e7.jpg

RearStarbo_zps454bd214.jpg

That's all for now!!! :p

Edited by Starlet-Joshy

Looks good pal.How you fix rear number plate surround ?

Cheers bud!

It was only held on by the two original holes from the black bar number plate holder. Just as a mock up.

Ill still need to drill a couple of holes for it to be secured correctly, also drill holes for the reverse lights! :)

Update peepzzzzzz ;)

Okay so been a week and this weekend i was able to complete a few things that i have been wanting to do for a while. So i started Saturday afternoon, after working with me dad in the morning. This was bad as i tried removing the headlight and ended losing a clip, and breaking another. So i gave up for about two hours then went back out and had batter luck lol. So even though my car has a stripped rear, i still had the rear door pockets left in there. These are now removed and have been cleaned where they were removed. I also cleaned under the door sills which had to be removed to remove the rear cards. My plan for the boot is to carpet it out, and then repaint the side parts, while having also wire tucking loose wires. So ill see how this goes! Jdm Spare wheel is now back in also!

So the reason i removed the headlight was due to a bulb shitting it's self. So i removed the unit and shook, until all of the bulb was out. I then cleaned both headlights outside lenses so there nice and clean. While removing the headlight i removed the bumper, and decided to spray the grill black! The bonnet was faded, so as i was waiting for the paint to dry i gave the bonnet a quick polish.

Enough talking lo!, still haven't had carbon door handles shipped! and im 19 next Friday!!

Some money shall be used on the starbo, im hoping i get taken on for my third year of apprentice ship also which will mean more money! :p

Also Black wings are gone!! - Hello red wings again!!! ;)

Here's some pics!

FrontNolights_zps5f3312d0.jpg

bulbshatitself_zps3cefc26d.jpg

JDMnobumper_zpsc7166f13.jpg

IMG_5785_zps9f8568f5.jpg

IMG_5787_zpsf7b97e37.jpg

IMG_5790_zps7a80225b.jpg

IMG_5791_zps031da6e9.jpg

IMG_5804_zpsa8fd2b7c.jpg

IMG_5805_zps8ec2828e.jpg

Got lazy with the other side :/

IMG_5810_zpsa5ed852f.jpg

Much better!!!

IMG_5811_zps760a5e0c.jpg

IMG_5815_zpscd7b0f17.jpg

IMG_5816_zps71c639f9.jpg

IMG_5817_zps90cb6f8b.jpg

IMG_5820_zpsaae603e0.jpg

More update's (Better one's ) Next week!!! :p

quality of spray work is getting much better bud well done :thumbsup: have you not thought about buying/borrowing a da polisher and going over the whole car?

Cheers mate!

Have been debating it, but think I'm going to paint the door' then end up putting race decals down the side! More details soon! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What's up Starlet people!

Okay so little update just to show everyone whats going on and what im doing. Recently weathers been decent so i ordered a couple of things and decided with some ideas on what im doing with the car. I currently have a few issues atm, which include a knocking noise from left to right lock and my clutch slave cylinder is leaking! The slave has been ordered and should hopefully be fitted either during or before the weekend providing it doesn't get worse! Ill also have a gander at the knocking noise and try and get that sorted! During the look under my bonnet i decided to get rid of that piece of shit alarm system which turns out wasn't doing fuck all! Bay looks a little cleaner now! ;)

Other than that i gave the beast a clean the other day! Don't be fooled by the photo's its still faded as fuck! :(

Been looking at new wheels, clear indicators, stickers, other little bits that make a difference, Going to order Wind deflectors, Flat blade wipers tomorrow! hopefully get them fitted weekend or something if they turn up then! :)

Here's some pics!! :p

IMG_6444_zpsb618180f.jpg

IMG_6440_zpse97a51f1.jpg

IMG_6414_zps755f3b50.jpg

IMG_6373_zps3c2e0bf4.jpg

IMG_6375_zps92eb46ae.jpg

IMG_6372_zps8f57e546.jpg

IMG_6378_zps8475d584.jpg

That's all for now! More proper updates soon!! ( I promise ;)