My White And Black, Hybrid 200bhp Fte Conversion!

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ENGINE UPDATE :)

Andybill came over today and dropped off his glanza rad. will get it flushed tomorrow, and sort out fitting it!

More importantly... ITS IN!! got it all mounted up and lookin sweet as! fuel lines are connected, and clutch/gearbox are all back to working order! clutch feels a lot stiffer than the NA one, cant wait to try it out!

rite here we go with pics..

first off, had to swap the NA crank pulley with the one on the gt engine, as i am not running power steering or air con, so got rid of the extra weight! its quite noticable between the two.

P1030432.jpg

Next, put the NA alternator onto the back of it as well..

P1030433.jpg

Then fitted the fan belt...

P1030435.jpg

and here goes the engine into the bay for the final time!!

P1030437.jpg

P1030438.jpg

heres a few pics of it all mounted and bolted in...

P1030440.jpg

P1030442.jpg

Just mocked the HDI frount mount on as well, starting to look like a real weapon now! getting that satisfying feeling that im building a rite little gem!

P1030444.jpg

P1030449.jpg

P1030450.jpg

P1030452.jpg

So there it is!

order this boost gauge yesterday....

3289_1.jpg

not the best, but goes with the rest of my lighting etc... so will do for now!

**WIRING**

right we have established that for the wiring, we will need the engine loom from the same year gt, as we need the plugs to fit the sensors on the engine. the NA has a few of them missing compared to the gt. seems annoying im going to pay a fair amount just for some plastic plugs but thats how it is i think. other than using electrical spade connectors and being a pykie!

so once this has turned up shud see an end in sight for wiring issues.

:lol:

Looking awsome mate gonna be a right little weapon as you say :)

aii!! im realy realy hoping to break the 200BHP mark, like you wudnt believe. engine would have been in ages ago if i didnt have this on me lol was only going for a standard transplant at the start, priced it all up to be just over 500... cost me about 2k now lol, still need wiring, few gaskets, and mapping!!! it best make that bloody mark!

'**WIRING**

right we have established that for the wiring, we will need the engine loom from the same year gt, as we need the plugs to fit the sensors on the engine. the NA has a few of them missing compared to the gt. seems annoying im going to pay a fair amount just for some plastic plugs but thats how it is i think. other than using electrical spade connectors and being a pykie!

so once this has turned up shud see an end in sight for wiring issues.

'

Sorry for being a NUB. but is the loom one long loom or is is split into chunks?

Or will you need to wire the GT loom throughout the whole car?

Am confused ^_^

Looking good though!

Mitch

The loom in the Paseo was split in two, engine loom and interior loom. Engine loom comes in both sides and connects to some plugs - i presume doing that with an 82 loom, plug the engine into the current interior... im not absolutely posotive though

The loom in the Paseo was split in two, engine loom and interior loom. Engine loom comes in both sides and connects to some plugs - i presume doing that with an 82 loom, plug the engine into the current interior... im not absolutely posotive though

not as easy as that i dont think boys,

the ecu's are the same pin, and alot of the pins are for the same as each other. but they need re routing i think on some of them.

Will do a full rite up on wiring and a how to do so all can follow in future

Not far off now by the looks of things - hopefully done for a run on the dyno day! Mate do you still want the fuel pump from my Glanza? Will have to meet up soon.

Mike

yeah mate defo! and need to sort out the actuator as well lol! may need some help as well drawing it all together with all electronics ect lol u ok with that?!

Jay

not as easy as that i dont think boys,

the ecu's are the same pin, and alot of the pins are for the same as each other. but they need re routing i think on some of them.

Will do a full rite up on wiring and a how to do so all can follow in future

You would be a STAR if you did that, my problem will be the time that i have to complete the whole swap, as i dont think i would be able to afford getting another car while the starbo's off the road and time off work is limited, so a write up on the wiring will be awsome.

I also hope you get 200bhp ^_^ thats what il be aiming for!

All the best

Mitch