My White And Black, Hybrid 200bhp Fte Conversion!

ENGINE UPDATE

rite...good news :lol:

everything on the car is pretty much sorted now only need to do the following:

sort wiring

get sensors

get it started

get a filter

get it mapped

all bumpers/bonnet back on car now, all filled with fluids, exhuast fitted, ect ect...

as for wiring.. spoken to a few guys that have done conversions before. i was going down the route of making a new loom from scratch, but there is too much to go wrong, if i messed up with a few wires it could cause damage... and also futher down the line there may be issues. soo i think we are going to piggy back it. I.E. the gt loom and ecu for the engine, and the NA loom and ecu for the interior. this should work, will be alot easier, cheaper, and quicker to do also.

wiring is holding me back.. thats it realy.. once its done and runs and everything is 100% on it, i will take it to mapping and hopefuly get a nice tasty BHP figure ;)

will post pics later, photo bucket is broken

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi all,

rite foto bucket is back up and running... so heres a few pics of progress :D

the new exhaust... not a huge fan but will do for time being. 2.5 inch diametre, no silencers other than a small back box.

P1030784.jpg

P1030786.jpg

P1030787.jpg

.... and heres the front bumper that everyone was hoping i wudnt do lol... i realy like it, it looks so much meaner in person. pics dont do it justice! the bonnet needs adjusting still and the latch is not attached so it doesnt look closed properly before u say anything!

P1030796.jpg

P1030794.jpg

P1030795.jpg

P1030798.jpg

P1030799.jpg

hope ya like it... if not.. ger it darn ya!

think i have sorted all sensors now :D so hopefuly may get it started up by end of week.

will post pics of centre console, which looks real nice indeed!!

Jay

**WIRING UPDATE**

Rite, managed to find a few more diagrams that will be helpful when it comes to CHOP time lol..

at ian.. think we may well be doing it the same way as u, as in splicing onto the NA interior loom.

we will be using:

GT engine loom ( All sensors and plugs match, no cutting and splicing required. )

NA fuse box loom ( Will need splicing to match GT engine loom )

NA interior loom ( so all interior plugs match and work, no splicing required )

Basicaly its a matter of meeting these 3 in the middle so to speak.. but its not just a straight foward cut here, solder there ect. even a sharp bend in an electrical cable can change the wires frequency, giving a different reading at the ecu or sensor. so same applies if i was to cut one and re join, it may well be a different frequency. at the same time, it may not affect the sensor or ecu, it just depends! in an ideal world i wont need to splice that many keeping risk down to a minimum. i am awaiting on a few more diagrams i should need, then the chop begins.

On a positive note, i got all the sensors i need over the past few days, thanks to idrees and a member off TGTT. and no way near as much as toyota quoted me! i was looking at a MAHOOSIVE £600 for the 3 sensors i needed... manged to get them all for under £100, so not all bad! still annoying considering its just wire and plastic!

in the mean time i recieved this a few days ago..

9508_11.jpg

Got 10 metres in blue, in various sizes! should make it look a bit better!

Thats all for now folks but stay tuned :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

WIRING UPDATE....

rite realy am geting so wound up now. car has been sat untouched for almost 2 weeks, everything bar 1 or 2 little things is ready to go, or being held up by the wiring. im waiting for a disk that all the diagrams i would need are on, off this company, and its taking ages to arrive.

there is nothing more frustrating rite now, paying out for insurance x2 and seeing this beast so close yet so far from completion...

also.. stuck a nice little addition on the rear end.. hopefully it will live up to it ! will get a pic later if possible..

I think you should chop the strands out of the laguna lip so it looks like its just one hole in each side.

Anywhos, you off to JAE this year mate, I want to judge if its fierce in person :thumbsup:

I think you should chop the strands out of the laguna lip so it looks like its just one hole in each side.

Anywhos, you off to JAE this year mate, I want to judge if its fierce in person :thumbsup:

i duno tbh lol, doubt i will this year.. will hopefully make jap show. got a holiday and some summer clothes to get before august as well as get this going! so we shall see! but once im back tho, shall be making as many meets as possible! what you mean u wanna judge?! never been so duno what the crack is lol

Jay

• 3 weeks later...

lol tell me about it.

rite well basicaly ive been waiting on a disk for about 5 weeks now from japan, which has all wiring diagrams for a starlet on it, interior and engine. but it now apears that our little japanese friends may have been a bit imaginative about its existence... so may not be apearing in the uk at all now. so im at another standstill. at the end of the day its only wiring so shouldnt be that hard i dont think... but still, too hard for my brain to compute soo...

will see what te next few days bring. i have got to a point where im too frustrated to even attempt anything myself or get involved... just taking the piss realy.

should update soonish when an alternative plan has been reached

Peace out

man, i miss seeing this out and about :)

lol you think you do?!!

and with regards to an update, gone out nd stripped a few more bits off it in a last attempt for extra performance lol, probably saved between 10-20kg's will have to get it on a weigh bridge when its done and work out its power to weight ratio lol.

waiting on a few contacts with regards to wiring, hopefully get somthing sorted soon!

Jay

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

been a while since i posted a decent update of the progress!

right, been fairly busy the past week finishing half done jobs and a few more things on the list. also ordered a green cotton filter thats rated to 340bp so should be more than enough!

got a few graphics as well so a few pics of them.

also wired up the boost gauge and rev gauge to see what they look like, as boost gauge is smoked! was quite pleased with it to be honest

wiring update:

had my uncle over today, he is an auto electrician and is going to be doing my loom. work on it starts next saturday so should have a nice update soonish :p

anyway, pics....

Image004.jpg

Image005.jpg

Image008.jpg

Image009.jpg

Image010.jpg

Image013.jpg

Image014.jpg

Any comments welcome as usual :p