My White And Black, Hybrid 200bhp Fte Conversion!

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers guys :thumbsup:

got a set of SR dials ordered the other day off starlet streetracer so i can see what the engine is doing :lol:

got one of the hoses fitted from the group buy recently, but bottom one is different. so waiting for phil to get back to me on that one...

P1040333.jpg

this is the bottom hose compared to the new one :

P1040334.jpg

once its fitted on the bottom, gunna leave the engine running for 5 or so minutes, getting all the fluids to where they need to be, then top them up

same area but turbo goes in from front and n/a goes on from side. . not the best pics but should show ya what i mean. just with people sayin the bend in the wrong place it sounds like it might be because of this.

NA FIRST

P6130001.jpg

TURBO

P6130002.jpg

cheers guys :)

@ liam, yeah no worries mate pop over when you want! mike was over today, using his bay to kinda copy vaccum pipes, and work out what some sensors are supposed to do/go. getting there though!

hit a bit of a problem though, im using the NA fan belt, on the gt alternater,waterpump,bottom pulley. it fits on the later 2 fine, but its almos bowing down into the alternator pulley, and its just throwing a fine black powder all over the place. so dunno what the crack is with that yet. need to get a thinner one, but dont know anything about them so dont know if thats possible. im obviously not running power steering or the air con, so its gota be an NA belt.

anyway on a positive note, heres a few pics of bits and bobs i got done.

the carbon fibre centre console build, ready to go in.

Photo0076.jpg

the engine breather relocation kit ive pulled together. gunna make one for the blue starlet when those bits are ready to go in

Photo0078.jpg

and my lovely stainless manifold is now gold :/ only run the engine for a total of about 2 mins and its already this gold lol

Photo0079.jpg

anyway, few more bits coming soon over next few days, next wiring update will be on saturday though, got a few relays and fuses on order that i will need.

Jay

Got some SR dials today ( cheers streetracer starlet )

so now i have the rev gauge so i can see what the engine is actualy doing lol

when received:

P1040641.jpg

then after i swapped my mileage thingy, the blue LED's and my white cover from my old dials:

P1040646.jpg

looks loads better straight awway!! VRRROOOOOOM :lol:

did some more on my car today, it now starts off the key! no more pickey hotwiring. all ECU is wired up perminantly, along with ignition and fuel pump.

been looking through a magazine i have, and im guna buy a rocket style switch and a start button, and run the fuel pump through the switch as an extra security measure, and the start engine button just cuz im childish lol

next week its wiring all the headlights up, and edding some wire to the loom for the side repeaters.

• 2 weeks later...

Made some headway into wiring up the headlights. gota make a small new loom, using NA stuff, to transfer the light to the other unit, as the GT one for some reason only as one connector?! just nice to see some lights flashing and stuff, makes it look like its alive again!

My battery is dead however. i leave it on trickle charger all the time when not in use, but for some reason its proper dead and the charger seems to think its fairly well charged. so gota get a new battery now :D

Couldnt resist it though, put a tool box in to act as a seat, and took it for a little spin around my block :D :D

It sounds imense... only took it slightly on boost, and kept it below 20mph. but just this alone has made it worth while in my opinion, realy happy it moves :) feels like a rite monster lurking under the bonnet. cant wait get this done!

Still to do:

- Wire wipers up

- Wire head lights in

- Wire fuel/ignition/engine start up

- Join rear light loom to front

- Re wire the SR dials to sportif fitment

- Wire SR dials into loom

- Remove last bits of sound deadening etc

- Refit dash and interior

- Wire all gauges and electronics in permanent.

- Fit emanage

- OFF TO BE MAPPED ^_^

got a part coming from JAPLAND should be here soon.. cnt wait. ive had one before on my S14 and they are cracking bits of kit.. so should be good

also some of you are probably aware my HDI ebc-R is up for grabs, with the rocket arming switch. let me know if anyones interested.

Jay