My White And Black, Hybrid 200bhp Fte Conversion!

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers guys! yeah not much realy.. its just finding the time to do it. should have the wipers and head lights done by the end of this weekend. mite make a start on striping extra stuff. taking it one step at a time im affraid. wanna get this done asap, im gunna miss all the years ... "decent" weather at this rate!

will try get some pics up soon

Jay

Hi all. was busy at it again yesterday. managed to nail a few things off the list! we focused on the lights, and it took much longer than we originaly thought it would. the light control stalk has a circ board in it, and obv with no diagram we had to work out what it did, in order to control the lights correctly. this took a while, was just such a pain in the arse.. so didnt get anything else started :thumbsup: anyway.. all the lights on the outside of the car.. Headlights/side lights/ indicators/ brake lights/ spoiler brake light/ number plate lights are now working off the control stalk.

DSC00180.jpg

DSC00183.jpg

took a few random pics as well, on my work fone so excuse the crap quality!

Lookin sorry on crappy stealies! :

SP_A0565.jpg

SLAMMED!, cant even fit a tennis ball under the front of it:

SP_A0567.jpg

Still to do:

- Wire wipers up

- Wire fuel/ignition/engine start up

- Wire SR dials into loom

- Remove last bits of sound deadening etc

- Refit dash and interior

- Wire all gauges and electronics in permanent.

- Final check on vaccum pipes

- Final check on plugs/connectors etc. make sure all that is needed it pluged in.

- Fit emanage

- OFF TO BE MAPPED

slowly but surely

Jay you honestly need to get this back on the road now, shes looking awesome buddy.

Quick question for you mate where did you get them Vents for the fog lights from?? im needing some of them now for my new induction idea.

lol yeah no worries. but just to let you know, im workin on an induction kit that i will be producing very soon and selling on here, thats not been done for the starlet at all.. so if your interested then just hold fire. should be ready for production soon.. havnt mentioned this yet its all been kept :thumbsup:

Jay

OOOOO interesting mate, sounds like it could be good. I reckon ill sort my new idea out for now though and then possibly be intersted in yours when the secret is revelied lol.

Can you reveal anymore of the secret to me via text??

@ Dean - cheers mate :p you any futher with yours dude? ok to come up still?

@ starlet/na - cheers dude :p makes it worth while when people like what im doing! depends what you clas as

a lot, its got a lot more left than others ive seen, but ihad to get rid of a fair bit.

@ bucket - hopefully not mate, if all goes well. what you mean, why was it murder? loud? if so ive just removed

all of the sound deadening in the car.. going to be very loud me thinks! best get some earmuffs!

on that note, been out on it tonight and have removed the sound deadening behind the dash. suprisingly a large amount, with some considerable weight behind it.. which made me think... errrrm may be a tad louder now!

Still to do:

- Wire wipers up

- Wire fuel/ignition/engine start up

- Wire SR dials into loom

- Refit dash and interior

- Wire all gauges and electronics in permanent.

- Final check on vaccum pipes

- Final check on plugs/connectors etc. make sure all that is needed it pluged in.

- Fit emanage

- Full vallet everywhere... no sleep until it is spotless.

- Touch up engine bay of all chips from working on it

- OFF TO BE MAPPED

lol yeah no worries. but just to let you know, im workin on an induction kit that i will be producing very soon and selling on here, thats not been done for the starlet at all.. so if your interested then just hold fire. should be ready for production soon.. havnt mentioned this yet its all been kept :p

Jay

I want to hear more about this.

I want to hear more about this.

all i can say is ive done some research into this, and there aint really anything for NA starlets.. im hopefully going to start some fabrication of parts and start a litte company up.. and should be able to bring some decent gear to the market for the NA's.

all in good time mate. if all goes well, this/next week should see the prototype of the induction kit made, then will have the final peice made. test it and then bang it up for sale.

Jay

oh i get you now!

just received loads of bungs through the post, guna check they fit tonight hopefully. they are for the rear wiper hole, so for anybody who is wanting to de wiper the back end, i have a few left over, and we can sort somthing out.

they are hard plastic, and can be sprayed to the cars colour.

i could have one of them since i dont think i have a control for my rear wiper. well if i do i cant find it lol. :p ill wait till ya post up pics before ill know if i want to blank it though .

ok no worries dude :p

if you havnt already read elsewhere... im seriously contemplating the setup im running... dont now whether or not to go Externaly wastegated, or to keep it how it is. i love the sound of the EWG, sounds awsome! wat you guys think?

read the other post earlier and think ewg would be rad even though when i try to listen in videos i cant hear that much of a difference ( goes off to look at videos ). could go all out and swap your turbo for a td12 :)

lol i know.. but if i aint careful im guna let this run away with me lol.. plan is to make it like this, then leave it and have my fun with it. then save to get another project car and keep this as a daily, or go balls out and make this into a 5efe forged up, and slam a big turbo on it and run serious boost lol

got my bung sprayed up, guna go fit it now, see what she is like :thumbsup: pics soon