ep82 gt saved from scrap, ALIVE

Yea Just on the way to pick this original gt up in pieces so needs building back up but the shell is spanking

When I got there it had these parts that was not mentioned so bit of a bonus

Has adjustable parnhod bar

Door speaker pods

Cusco front strut brace

Sparco ns2 alloys in the boot

Uprated trd gas shocks and springs

Plasma dials

Piller pods

Spare turbos

Stainless manifolds

IMG_20140914_184114.jpg

Edited by Glanza-Ben
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it's on back of recovery truck and came with some nice parts we was not expecting

Has adjustable parnhod bar

Cusco front strut brace

Sparco ns2 alloys in the boot

Uprated gas shocks

Plasma dials

Piller pods

Spare turbos

Stainless manifolds

And alot more

Edited by Glanza-Ben

So the cars home, tomorrow I'm gonna put all the whole front end back on so it looks a car again as is all inside it, then sort all the spare parts inside the car out and see what else came with it, refurb the ns2's, then pick a gear box up I've sourced and get a engine in it

So this morning it looked like this and my neighbours asked why I have a scrap car

DSC_0234.jpg

Then after work I spent a couple hours putting the shell back together and also rebuilt the interior as was all in pieces

DSC_0235.jpg

DSC_0236.jpg

DSC_0237.jpg

Now getting a list of parts needed and on the hunt

So hopefully tomorrow my neighbour is goin to pick the lock and make us a new key to match the original barrel and locks as last owner lost the key so that will save hassle of changing the locks.

And now sourced a drivers quadlight thanks to gtturbo94 as one was broken here.

And a new climate control panel thanks to daniel.g

Also at the week end if all goes well will be picking a engine and mounts up, then a gear box and then just need a boot and few interior trims

Also found a walbro fuel pump in the glove box today

Edited by Glanza-Ben

Looks good mate ....... Glad to see your trying your hand at a GT I thought you were glanza through and through lol

This going to be a daily driver or you going all out over a few years ?

James

It was cheap lol and I'm only doin it for something to do would never go back to a car as a daily as love my truck to much :)

Great to be back on the seat. Nice to see one been saved. What's your plans then as above? What truck you drive that you love it?

Just td04 and livesports body kit and some decent alloys, nothing special just a case of saving it more then anything,

And got a l200 warrior it's the only car I've had not modified in 9 years and don't cost me a penny to maintain

Aw very good. Sure a oem ct9 very economical and very easy to run. Look well when finished I'm sure. Be keeping a eye out on updates

Ct9 bores the hell out of me, this won't be having much spent on it tbh as made that mistake with my last glanza this is my 1st gt but had glanzas before this , plus I enjoy being high up in me truck so can't go back to a small car lol its is just some thing to fiddle with when bored at home, but hopefully by week end will be nearly ready to run

Decided to try degrease the bay abit to see how it would come up and as I fort it's to much and will need strip back and spray

How dirty it's was

DSC_0243.jpg

DSC_0242.jpg

DSC_0241.jpg

Here's how it is now, only a quick 15 minute degrease done with cheap cleaner

DSC_0244.jpg

DSC_0245.jpg

And gave the front end a quick wipe over and a wash as was hanging, once windows are up and boots fitted I will scrub it proper

DSC_0247.jpg

DSC_0246.jpg

Just went and picked up a emanage blue, the cd, usb cable and loom

A toms rad cap

And a splitfire boost gauge

All for £70

He's also selling a fully forged mr2 turbo engine for £150 and just sold a avcr black for £150 which I just missed :(

DSC_0249.jpg

Edited by Glanza-Ben