CT9 Turbo Review?

Hi Guys im looking at buying a Glanza V and it has the CT9 turbo and manifold.

I see a lot of people changing to the TD04 from the Subaru? (correct me if im wrong not to sure!)

Just wondering if anyone has used the CT9 turbo and can vouch for it.

Also places/prices for turbo rebuilds would be good as I would look into that straight away just to be sure.

Thanks

Mugzy(The starlet newb) :)

ive got one mate on mine and its awsome still sends decent power and still great fun i would test the turbo for play befor you start having fun in it so you know its a healthy turbo and if you dont want to upgrade to a td04 just get a hybrid ct9 turbo their still fun:) and im not to sure where you can get turbo rebuilds and stuff but i think my mate might so ill ask him when i see him fella dont doubt a ct9 :)

Hybrid ct9 usually has bigger inlet(55mm) and bigger compressor wheel, bigger wastegate port and maybe different turbine wheel. Also turbine housing might have been ported. Play in the turbo means the play on the turbine - compressor wheel shaft. You can test the play by moving the compressor wheel up and down and back and forth. There shouldn't be a lot of play. If you need turbo repairs just contact Liam D on this forum.

I just made 177hp from my ct9 at .8bar, most people run them at 1bar where you can make 190-200hp with a massive powerband. theyre good fun although ill be changing mine to a td04 kit pretty son as you soon get used to the ct9s power.

The starlet im looking at as an "uprated" CT9 and Manifold. FMIC exhaust and its supposedly pushing 180bhp. Im thinking I should do a compression test while im there if he lets me? Hopefully that should help me out in making a decision

I wouldnt worry about buying and running a car with a ct9 on it. I just wouldn't bother wasting money upgrading/replacing the ct9 setup. If something goes wrong with the ct9 bin itt off

thats what i was thinking of doing! run it until it goes! Not looking for massive power anyway 200bhp max. Thanks for your help guys

0.9 bar run them at that on internal wastgate on an emb ecu put the rest of your cash into handling they are fun and reliable but as above ideally ewg is the way to go as it holds boost so much better, look into WEPR stuff you will need an electronic boost controller for ewg

Thanks for the advice guys! Im not looking for bundles of power! The car im looking at already has two preloaded boost settings one low one just above normal i think. Should be suitable for changing when i drive to work as well as having a bit of a blast!

Thanks for the advice guys! Im not looking for bundles of power! The car im looking at already has two preloaded boost settings one low one just above normal i think. Should be suitable for changing when i drive to work as well as having a bit of a blast!

All glanzas and gt's have preloaded boost settings out the factory, there's a button on the dash for.it

I have actually moved onto another car as it turned out the first one I was looking at was a bit too modified for me.

Here is the car im currently look at and the spec.

DSCF4619_zps16baa01d.jpg

Ct9 Turbo
Front Mount Intercooler
OEM Front Strut brace
HKS Actuator
HKS Dump valve
Full Stainless Steel exhaust system with 3" backbox
Lowered all round
2x OEM Toyota wind deflectors
Rear windows tinted
15" Rota alloy wheels sprayed cherry red
x4 good tyres
Yellow tinted foglights
TRD leather gear knob

That is nice that car.

by the way the thing with ct9s is that they are ALL old and knackered now...but theres always liam d at midlands turbos to rebuild the little ct9s and then your sorted for at least two years as thats the warranty they give.

I tryed/sourced quite a few from ebay/ forum and they have all been knackered bar 1 of them.

I would never take the gamble again wasting money on buying them because for 188 quid rebuilds the best route

Edited by mikey4410