Charlie28's 295.3BHP@1.4Bar Forged Greddy Turbo'd Glanza

Awesome man, a first for a starlet i think!

Much boost you gonna put through it?

Not a first, I know RobSR's brother ran one but I don't think anyone is running one at the moment, that I know of anyway!

We'll see what Mike @ TD can get out of it safely when the engines back!

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I went and collected Rob Ebbs (Rbz's) forged engine last weekend. The spec is as follows;

Ross Racing Pistons

Scat Rods

Althena 1.2mm Head Gasket

ARP Headbolts

ARP Main Studs

ACL Engine Bearings

Got it home and fitted a new timing belt, stage 4 - 6 Puk clutch and new cam seal.

06ceecc2a1ae8fbd939fbf780eb55db8.jpg

Also sent my TD05 18g off to Liam @ Midland Turbo's to have the wastegate welded shut. Liam did an excellent job and service was amazing! Thanks again Liam!

df3cef6285b69301897e4bb7155ad04c.jpg

Hoping to get the engine in next weekend :)

Also my WEPR goodies have been shipped :)

where did you buy that engine mate? looks like my old one i sold!?

Not a first, I know RobSR's brother ran one but I don't think anyone is running one at the moment, that I know of anyway!

We'll see what Mike @ TD can get out of it safely when the engines back!

:) i reckon 320-330 at 1.6/1.7 bar.

• 2 weeks later...

Little update!

Turbo went off to Liam @ Midland Turbo to have the once over and to weld the wastegate. Excellent service once again from Liam! Thanks buddy!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Expecting a call from Rob today with an update on the engine, Rob is extremely busy so no idea when I will have it back! But it should be worth the wait :)

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys :)

Still waiting for my engine back from Rob, he's stupidly busy and had lots of work to finish before he started on mine but I have been told I'll have it back by the middle of this month! Soon as I get it back there will be plenty of updates again!

• 2 weeks later...

Turbos looking good Charlie! Have you had any updates from rob?

Spoke to Rob on friday. He is saying it will be ready for the end of the month! So fingers crossed! Feel bad to keep pestering him as i know how stupidly busy he is!

I'm sure it will be worth the wait!

Spoke to Rob on friday. He is saying it will be ready for the end of the month! So fingers crossed! Feel bad to keep pestering him as i know how stupidly busy he is!

I'm sure it will be worth the wait!

Shouldn't feel bad about checking in on an investment ..... especially one thats costing a fair amount !

Looking forwards to seeing this done :D

James

Shouldn't feel bad about checking in on an investment ..... especially one thats costing a fair amount !

Looking forwards to seeing this done :D

James

This ☝

If you don't check in with him yours will end up like the rb26 which has been there since about June 😂

Like you say it will be worth the wait!

Charlie your best to give him a weekly call for updates or agree on a date for completion. When i gave mine over i was not fussed on waiting but went it got nearer the time just agreed a date. But its with one of the best out there. What spec have you gone for?

Charlie your best to give him a weekly call for updates or agree on a date for completion. When i gave mine over i was not fussed on waiting but went it got nearer the time just agreed a date. But its with one of the best out there. What spec have you gone for?

James,

I'm not really in any rush for it back, but it would be nice to get it in before the weather gets awful! Rob has said the end of this month, so i will give him another call next Friday to see how he is getting on (he has confirmed they are working on it)

Spec wise, its very similar to your engine, minus the head work yours had (valve springs ect)

Rob has re-used the Scat rods i had, and replaced the pistons with some 75mm PEC ones :)

• 3 weeks later...