Charlie28's 295.3BHP@1.4Bar Forged Greddy Turbo'd Glanza

Well I went and collected Rob Ebbs (Rbz's) forged engine last weekend. The spec is as follows;

Ross Racing Pistons
Scat Rods
Althena 1.2mm Head Gasket
ARP Headbolts

ARP Main Studs
ACL Engine Bearings

Got it home and fitted a new timing belt, stage 4 - 6 Puk clutch and new cam seal.

06ceecc2a1ae8fbd939fbf780eb55db8.jpg

Also sent my TD05 18g off to Liam @ Midland Turbo's to have the wastegate welded shut. Liam did an excellent job and service was amazing! Thanks again Liam!

df3cef6285b69301897e4bb7155ad04c.jpg

Hoping to get the engine in next weekend :)

Also my WEPR goodies have been shipped :)

Edited by Charlie28
  • Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking good bud seen you at a couple mk meets but never had my starlet out as its also been getting a forged lump :p

Let me know when yours is done, have to pop over MK! Hoping to finish mine in January!

Looking good mate, seen you've got the engine in now, personally I wouldn't be letting any 106 owners near my car, especially dean haha

Engines not in yet mate, hopefully this weekend :) Haha! He's on about getting an Evo now, think the starlets made him love jap crap!

Well today my Cusco LSD turned up from Uzzy, so set about taking apart my gearbox and getting it fitted!

Posted Image

Had planned to get my engine in this weekend but unfortunately I don't have the right gearbox sandwich plate :(

Also test fitted my turbo and wastegate to the WEPR manifold to make sure everything fitted ok, which it did :)

Posted Image

Should receive the correct gearbox sandwich plate in the week and hopefully get the engine in next weekend!

Been debating about getting a Kinugawa TD05 for my 82, heard nothing but good things about them! You using a 16 or 18G?

I have a 18g mate. Be interesting to see what kind of power i can make. Thinking it will be incredibly laggy but we will see.

I can deal with a bit of lag, 1.6 by 4.5k sounds pretty good :) . Hmmm Christmas present to me from me I think lol. Just whether to go top mount or stick with my evolution manifold. Hmmmm

Edited by ROTABOOST

Got a little bit more done today as the weather was decent!

Turbo and WEPR manifold is now fitted.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got most of the loom plugged back in too.

Ordered a oil line for my turbo from Keith @zisco which should be here by next weekend.

Made a couple of other purchases too but they'll remain a surprise!