use these bits to make your sr into an actual sr again and then use the green one to create a glanza rep like your goin to do with the sr ching ching!!

fuck you've thrown a right spanner in the works now. That's a really good idea!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you wouldnt have a good night out for that now,, glanza parts are handy to come across in the uk painting is where it cost though well does me anyway :sad:

yes the sr would be worth more why do you think im making a rep haha there scarce over here

Thats where im lucky lol

If only you were local eh?

one way or another you will make your money back if you sell it or break it,, its a win win haha fire it in the shed when they are painting a tank army green or camo glanza rep haha

Ye i'll see what happens soon. Haha if only it was that simple

so this car turns out the Green Machine is to be too good to be true.I' trying to arrange collection for the car so that i can get it home.

what this lad is telling me and whats actually going on i think are 2 very different stories.

i'm told by him that the car wouldnt start today and that he's tried everything to start it. i ask him when it was last running and he says that it was a few months ago, he tells me his mechanic mate is looking at it today.

so i receive another message earlier after asking whats going on with the car and he says that his mechanic has been to have a look at it and the mechanic isnt sure what it is, he thinks the engine is seized.

eh? my car was sat in a field for 2 years solid and it started first time when i went to get it.

so by now im thinking hmm, somethings not right here. i need to cut my losses and try and get a refund. which he's really quick to agree with. im currently waiting the refund through paypal.

What i think is that he knows damn well that he sold me a car so so cheap and that he could get a lot more for it. I reckon he's possibly fabricated the 'engine sieze' so that it scares me away so that he can readvertise it once i have my refund.

as long as i get my refund i dont care, but i think this car will be on ebay again very soon with a higher starting price.

Refund all sorted so I bought some bits I want for the SR's major service.

Bought:

Oil filter

Fuel filter

Magnetic sump plug

NGK Iridium spark plugs

Castrol Magnatec oil

TRD oil filler cap

Want:

Pads and disks

HEL braided lines

Cambelt

Gearbox fluid

Clutch fluid

Aero wipers

Poly engine mounts

Poly gear linkages

Hopefully I can afford and manage to get that all done during my 2 weeks leave which starts next weekend.

Interior to go in.

Exhaust with cat to purchase.

THEN MOT TIME! I'm hopeful that this little bitch will pass before I have to go back to work, that way I can put my Corolla T Sport up for sale and have my SR as my daily.

Sounds like a plan.

Edited by RoryWebb432

So I've been home less than 24 hours and have updates already.

Thanks to Fiddlersport I have new parts arrive just now.

GT Seats (+rails & seat bolts)

Electric Glanza Mirrors (+loom & switch)

Sony Stereo (+loom)

Clear indicators (+housing)

Standard Airbox.

I've test fitted the whole interior plastics and rear seats. I need some new interior clips so it'll all be coming out again anyway. I want to clean the whole bare insides of the car as there's a build up of shit. And also I want to pressure wash the carpet before that goes back in. I'm off now for 2 weeks so I'm hoping for a lot of work to be done on this. My wife wants me to decorate 3 rooms though so I'll have to juggle it about.

20150326_120256_zpsbyskdldu.jpg

20150326_121552_zpsjvbv1cym.jpg

20150326_121555_zpsov6ju0me.jpg

20150326_121558_zpsbjmelsnx.jpg

Got a little bit done last night while my wife was out.

I cleaned the glanza number plate surround and attempted to clean the insides of the reverse lights. Cleaning the reverse lights is easier said than done. Anyone done it themselves?

I also took apart and cleaned the clear indicators. There was a fair bit of dirt and mould built up on the insides. Cillit bang is my new best friend. They came up looking new although the cleaning chemicals took a bit of the shine from the insides of the indicator housing so the intension now is to paint the insides black.

I have both Sunday and Monday reserved for just car maintenance so hoping to get the inside shell deep cleaned and the interior put back in for good.

Anybody fitted electric mirrors to the sr? I already have loom for the passenger side due to having electric windows. I'm having trouble with the driver's side though. Surely the loom is already there somewhere. I have extra loom but I'm having trouble locating what goes where and how to get the electric mirrors switch wired up. I think I need a how to.

Anyway here's pictures:

20150327_221957_zpswp1eurpn.jpg20150327_221948_zpsijqaz59m.jpg20150327_221615_zpskx44v1hq.jpg20150327_221558_zpsdr0fwnnr.jpg

left side done

20150327_221350_zpstcguzr85.jpg20150327_223340_zpszrp2o8ja.jpg