high powered starlets

Suspension setup plays the big part, that and the preload on the clutch plates inside the diff (assuming its clutch type).

A good suspension guy can setup a your alignment so bias for a bit of torque steer

Tracking and Alignment will help...

but you cant get over the laws!

A lightweight fwd car, with high power and torque is going to torque steer. Modern cars have all sorts of fancy electronic controlled diffs these days, but the only way they can improve the torque steer Is by making the power even more progressive or limiting the power...

You think its bad at 350bhp, it only gets worse at 400bhp+.

Bringing a 400bhp+ starlet on boost with an LSD is enough to change your lane on the motorway unless your awake...

They take some driving!

Had the alignment all setup properly for it, understand its going to be a handful thats why I love driving it as makes my evo feel slow and boring.

The boost comes in as smoothly as my mapper could get it to its not so much that its when im flat at about 5/6k in 3rd and 4th

Maybe ive done all I can and just have to put up with it on the road its mainly a track car anyway so handles completely different on full slicks.

Edited by akaye4000

I have the same issue, mine is only 245hp with a quaiffe ATB diff. Done everything to try and make it handle better. Kind of feels like it's doing a figure of 8 dance, almost like the rear takes a second to catch up with the front end

• 5 months later...

Don't really have much more info ha! I was advised of a garage that does a lot of rally cars and used to build them put the car in to them and the owner asked me to discribe how I use the car and what's been done to it so he could work our what was best for me 3 hours later i returned and it was a totally different car. He gave me a list of improvements to what he thinks would let him take it to the "next level" in his own words and said If am doing something dedicated like drags or track days he can adjust it suit whatever I want. There's no geo print outs or anything as I assume he wants to protect his privacy with regards to set ups and such like. bucketep decided he would see if he could do the same with his 4paw and he to seems over the moon. I'd look localy and see what you have to use this guy spent about an hour on the phone talking through the pros and cons of different diffs and physics behind why stretch tyres are bad for handling could tell he wasn't your average garage offering generic fast road set ups!

ive had my 4 wheel alignment done, and we have the two front wheels sitting flat.

lovely to drive now. certainly not a track setup though!

Phil

No front camber at all? I find it helps a lot