high powered starlets

Shaun, PM me where this guy is. I don't mind a jaunt down the road for a decent setup like that.

Cheers

John

It's kenneth brown motor engineering in Hamilton glasgow g52 4rt

Dunno how far Drive it is was just over an hour either way for me. Spoke to one of the guys on the phone and he spent a good 40mins just talking to me about various things And differences between set ups. Which kinda won me over I like for people working on my car to show a good interest not the standard aye I'll do it just drop the car off

Don't really have much more info ha! I was advised of a garage that does a lot of rally cars and used to build them put the car in to them and the owner asked me to discribe how I use the car and what's been done to it so he could work our what was best for me 3 hours later i returned and it was a totally different car. He gave me a list of improvements to what he thinks would let him take it to the "next level" in his own words and said If am doing something dedicated like drags or track days he can adjust it suit whatever I want. There's no geo print outs or anything as I assume he wants to protect his privacy with regards to set ups and such like. bucketep decided he would see if he could do the same with his 4paw and he to seems over the moon. I'd look localy and see what you have to use this guy spent about an hour on the phone talking through the pros and cons of different diffs and physics behind why stretch tyres are bad for handling could tell he wasn't your average garage offering generic fast road set ups!

Don't think he does geo printouts because I'm pretty sure he does his set ups with string, proper old school

Kenny was a gent! Could spend hours there just talking about cars in general! After driving mine he said he said he wants one for rallying ,said it would be perfect for what he does!

My car handles like nothing I've drivin now, I can't believe the difference! I spent ages just chatting away, he gave me some tips on what to do next to improve it and what he could do for me, even offered to have a go at making me a new farb (ep95 one is like a cheese string) and reckons he can modify my bc coilovers to lower the back end of my 4paw an extra 20mm! I can see myself spending a load of money at his place!

Don't think he does geo printouts because I'm pretty sure he does his set ups with string, proper old school

interesting thing that the string alignment

i remember years ago i took my ep91 to be aligned with all the fancy equipment...on the drive home i was not particularly impressed by the job done...i'm not sure if the equipment needed calibrating, if the person didnt know how to use the equipment properly or a combination....

so i took it to my mechanic who uses the string technique....it drove perfectly

since then that's all that has been used anytime any changes are needed.

My mate used a place called Coastal performance I think down at the borders for his Mini getting alignment and corner weighted. They used the string and big rules and he said it was a massive transformation on the car!

John