Good rear pads? (that won't die on track)

Looking to replace my rear pads, just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for something that:

- Bites well (inc on track)

- Doesn't chuck out excessive dust

- Won't set me back too much

Tried searching for Brembo ones but can't seem to find any that are listed as turbo model rear pads.

Thanks

Amjad

Look up ds2500 but really you can just stay standard on the rear

http://www.ferodoracing.com/products/car-racing/racing-brake-pads/ds2500/

You need to think about what you put as well though, these are for the rear so you won't notice much difference in bite anyway and If you want them to work well on track the pads will throw out dust..

I did 136 miles on track last month and the ds2500 I have performed well all day without any fade whatsoever. The dust was immense and the car was literally black with it down both sides but it does wash off lol

Edited by MARC MOSS

Might stick to stock ones then!

Was gonna try Carbone Lorraine RC5+ for my GT4 fronts, but might give Yellowstuffs a go first and see how they are. Been using stock pads so far, dunno if that's made the fluid overheat last time..

Edited by Amjad

DS2500's get my vote, especially if it's also a road car.

Heard lots of good reviews about Carbon Lorraine, supposed to be slightly better than DS2500's.

EBC get quite a few bad reviews although they are a lot cheaper. I have been told quite firmly to avoid them though.

I use Carbone Lorraine's on my track car and love them. DS2500 will fade on track, especially with the small disc diamter not being able to dissipate heat too well.

They are quite expensive though about £140 a set. They are good up to 1100 degrees which is far beyond DS2500, but they are more comparable to DS3000 as they are a track pad.

Whats your track car Adam ?

Begins with H and ends in A :crazy:

Just got myself a GoPro and looking to get back on track after a few tweeks in March/April time when the weather picks up again so will grab some footage :)

As said above though there's no need to go for something "Performance" on the rear as they do very little braking. They can help with the balance of the car though so when you get some good stoppers up front, you can play around with the different friction materials (coefficients of friction) at the rear to get the balance you want, that's why I said RedStuff pads because they work upto 200bhp ish on light weight cars.

Edited by AdamB

Begins with H and ends in A :crazy:

Just got myself a GoPro and looking to get back on track after a few tweeks in March/April time when the weather picks up again so will grab some footage :)

Must be a Hayabusa :p haha

Nah, Hondas are alright.

I use Carbone Lorraine's on my track car and love them. DS2500 will fade on track, especially with the small disc diamter not being able to dissipate heat too well.

They are quite expensive though about £140 a set. They are good up to 1100 degrees which is far beyond DS2500, but they are more comparable to DS3000 as they are a track pad.

That's strange my ds2500's are brilliant and I went out 6 times last year, I am running 320mm x 30mm discs and 6pots mind that maybe why they perform so well. Got an open pit day at coombe on the 7th March I will take my go pro as well

That's strange my ds2500's are brilliant and I went out 6 times last year, I am running 320mm x 30mm discs and 6pots mind that maybe why they perform so well. Got an open pit day at coombe on the 7th March I will take my go pro as well

I may come over and watch on the 7th :)

Gonna be booking the 15th of May at coombe will be my first track day so il come see what it's like

Are any of you using baffled sumps on your gts hope to track mine soon but worried about this,

It really depends on the tyres your running, if your running a semi slick race tyre then yes its recommended, however if running road tyres your not going to be able to pull the same force under cornering for it to be a problem (unless you run low oil)

It depends on many factors really, you got larger diameter, thicker discs and the cars lighter so less harsh on the brakes.

Oo Combe's a good track, would love to get at Cadwell, suits small hatchbacks so well but its so far away :(

do not use yellow stuff. there shit.

I run them atm and they work ok but my pads are cracked !!!!

Mine are fine. Taken some serious abuse on several track days and never let me down.

I've got EBC black pads on the rear, just like OEM, like others have said they barely get used on track

Edited by Arnold

Thanks for all the replies guys! Been busy with uni and don't have a lot of time to get on here much, but it's good to see the forum is as helpful as ever ^_^

do not use yellow stuff. there shit.

I run them atm and they work ok but my pads are cracked !!!!

Mine are fine. Taken some serious abuse on several track days and never let me down.

I've got EBC black pads on the rear, just like OEM, like others have said they barely get used on track

What disc/calipers are you guys running? I hear mixed stuff about the Yellows, but often the negatives are from people running stock discs/calipers and positives from those running larger setups. Saying that though there are two compounds as well! I was considering them because it might allow me to budget in a set of braided lines.

I think the price on GT4 pads by Carbone Lorraine are £112, about the same as Ferodo. Are they any good for daily use/at cold temps?

Are any of you using baffled sumps on your gts hope to track mine soon but worried about this,

Yeah, I run one to be safe. Will be using AD08R's in the future I hope.

I think the price on GT4 pads by Carbone Lorraine are £112, about the same as Ferodo. Are they any good for daily use/at cold temps?

Not a bad price at all then. I've used mine daily with no problems, yes they do squeel a little but nothing terribly bad and the wear rate isn't ridiculous either. They do have a good bite from cold, and work effectively, when I was on track I found that they did end up lacking a bit of bite but they never went off, this is when braking from 115mph down to 25-30mph.

For a light starlet the RC5+ is porobably ideal and won't suffer the same problems I did when running a car that's 1200kg +, but on heavier cars the RC6 is likely to be the better option.

Edited by AdamB

Thanks for all the replies guys! Been busy with uni and don't have a lot of time to get on here much, but it's good to see the forum is as helpful as ever ^_^

What disc/calipers are you guys running? I hear mixed stuff about the Yellows, but often the negatives are from people running stock discs/calipers and positives from those running larger setups. Saying that though there are two compounds as well! I was considering them because it might allow me to budget in a set of braided lines.

I have EBC discs, standard size calipers, and using the HEL carbon lines too. Couldn't tell you what compound the pads are though, I thought they were all the same

Edited by Arnold