• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahhhh my bad, the way rick explained it to me the cams ate your face off for a while, and then the boost sucked your spleen through your spine!

Phil.

'the cams ate your face off for a while, and then the boost sucked your spleen through your spine'

That bits right tho :thumbsup:

rick told you to buy it back when wes sold it! i almost sold my cruise kitted V project to buy it from wes :thumbsup: realy sad news off all the possable turbo options (like the even bigger green td06 from dave @tm's turbo) it ends up td04!!

@jdm dave: if your gonna upload picks mate then best to start a new thread this car has a HUGE following in the starlet scene as it realy was a groundbreaking build.

I never new this was your car rick and what a car it was, i seen it up for sale on pistonheads sometime this year

and i was wishing i have the money to buy it lol it was and still is for now one of the best ep91 glanza i have ever seen

i think the japs would be happy with this car you built rick,companies like top secret and other top jap car companies

I feel for you rick that some wopper is going to fuck all you hard work over.....RIP one of the best glanzas I've come across :thumbsup:

well people i drove it when it was tdo6 and for road use it was way to laggy but the main reason the turbo is changed is cuz the tdo6 needed a recon and he hated the lag cuz he swaped his turbo typeR for the T.C. glanza witch had little to no lag! still gonna be the same power tho!!

Rick didn't you state in the earlier stages of the project you hated the turbo and wished you'd gone down the TD04 route?????

End of the day if he's making more use of the power, whats the problem? No point having all that lag because by the time you've hit boost, the other car will have left

Damien

yes you did say that and it is going to have the same power as the td06 did!!

Personally I think a TD06 is rediculous on a Starlet, far too big, and high power figures on Starlets are just "pub talk".

But I can see where Rick is coming from, the time he spent on the car and hassle he had with it, if you read through this topic start to finish there's been a load of time and effort put into it and alot of hassle. And then someone goes and changes it.

that was the point, it was a rediculous car. and dont put words in my mouth about regretting it. it wasnt easy to sort out, nobody had done it, remember? i had ALOT of issues getting it all working properly. but once it was done, i never looked back.

at the end of the day, as a td04, it will never make the power it could have with the td06.

it was running very low boost on the td06, as i wanted it for road use. but it made in excess of 350hp on the dyno at 1.6bar. that engine was built to run 2 bar. and it could have with that turbo, and it would have made over 400hp i recon. only thing holding it back was the headbolts, that are now available.

what your mate should do, is map it to its full power. td04s are shit. every other starlet has one.