Robs Precision Boosted Track Build..She's for sale......

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea can't wait to get it in there! Didn't think it was worth getting a competition clutch without the flywheel for the sake of a couple of hundred quid.

But yes they do come with a flywheel. There was no mention of it on RHD so not sure if this is the rattle'y version or not !

Good news! Spoke to toyota over here and the majority of my brake lines are turning up tomorrow with the rest coming in tuesday next week with the grommets to block the ac and heater matrix pipes in the bulkhead.

Going to silverstone on Sunday for the last day of the FIA World Enduro Championship so might not get all that much done on the car.

Brake fittings turned up today - don't need this many but they'll probs come in handy having spares!

17100927802_0ac35afa3a.jpgIMG_1044 by Rob Fisher [RobFisherPhotographic.co.uk], on Flickr

Yea can't wait to get it in there! Didn't think it was worth getting a competition clutch without the flywheel for the sake of a couple of hundred quid.

But yes they do come with a flywheel. There was no mention of it on RHD so not sure if this is the rattle'y version or not !

that's a bloody good deal then I thought it was just the clutch mite have to invest in a kit for the future

Not really gave it much abuse I done new clutch and gearbox at same time only driven it town driving for 20-30mins rest I was on gear hammering down the B roads but no hard launches yet. Had my fair share of paddles and its one of the nicer ones to drive that said it's still pretty much like a on off switch there's no gently does it

Not really gave it much abuse I done new clutch and gearbox at same time only driven it town driving for 20-30mins rest I was on gear hammering down the B roads but no hard launches yet. Had my fair share of paddles and its one of the nicer ones to drive that said it's still pretty much like a on off switch there's no gently does it

never really heard any bad feedback about them tbh seems to be the best option prob worth buying the spair parts just to keep incase they end up discontinued
  • 2 weeks later...

So, brake lines are all here from Toyota, just need to modify a couple of bits and get all those on. Clutch is due to come tomorrow / Tuesday too which means the engine can go back in soon!

Now to decide on the turbo kit! :)

Thanks mate. Day off work tomoz so will try and get a few bits done.

Still want the engine in by bank holiday but I'm thinking i might do the stem seals now too which may delay things abit.

Got some more done today - stripped under the dash and got the clutch master cylinder back in.

This weekend I'm going to underseal the arches, get all the front brake lines finished and hopefully get my through bulkhead -an fittings in for all the fuel lines.

The state of the inside mid way through - dash now back in temporarily

17029788847_08af33a5bc_z.jpgIMG_1134 by Rob Fisher [RobFisherPhotographic.co.uk], on Flickr

Clutch master cylinder..excuse the overspray on the track rod !

16617014863_d1937e2bf7_z.jpgIMG_1135 by Rob Fisher [RobFisherPhotographic.co.uk], on Flickr

Got the bulkhead bungs in - the two middle for the heater matrix are different sizes so unfortunately they don't fit perfectly..anyone know of another part number for those?

17236664771_431149e6f1_z.jpgIMG_1137 by Rob Fisher [RobFisherPhotographic.co.uk], on Flickr

next to the current daily !

17049452978_a158674f89_z.jpgIMG_1138 by Rob Fisher [RobFisherPhotographic.co.uk], on Flickr

More updates soon.

Got my manifold ordered.. :ph34r:

Will post some pics when it turns up - however it may be a while!

Started writing a list of what else left to do / what i want to do and its never ending! More work tomorrow and monday weather permitting.

Ordered some valve stem oil seals as i thought i may aswell do them whilst its out..i will try and do a tutorial on how to do them with the head still on too..

Edited by RobSR