SOLD - 15" XXR 530 Alloy Wheels

Let me just put this into writing. So I understand very clearly...

I bought them for £350. I paid for my own shipping which was £35 i do believe. So they stand me at £385.

I've given them a coating of Poorboys Wheel Sealant. Took me a few hours and cost me £15 I think for a pot of that stuff... Could argue £400 they stand me at now lol 8)

I could get into the fuel expenses it cost me to drive to the store to buy the wheel sealant too, but I'll forget that for now... :thumbsup:

I put them up for sale for £500.... but I would have taken £450 posted to be fair. After some haggling, which is what I'd expect from a marketplace...

So £450, minus £35 to post them to a new buyer? Wow, a whopping £15.... :thumbsup:

Yeh, I can see clearly now, why you would be seriously PISSED that someone was trying to profit such a colossal amount off you and do there best to damage the scene...

:hi:

P.S. Please do link me up to where you got them.... If there so cheap elsewhere....

If you wanna be exact 380.

Are you that desperate to justify it that you've had to go down the route of fuel money and a tub of wheel sealant lol.

I couldn't care that they were brought from me/my brother and you make money of us..Thats not my point, what i don't think is right about everything is how the site owner would be ripping off his own members. I don't have a problem with you or anyone on the site, I'm just all for honesty.

You said i wasn't being helpful and affecting the sale so posting where to get them from isn't really going to help that is it.A quick search for the wheels on google will show plenty of places in America that will ship to the UK. They are under $100 a wheel, so apprx 60 quid.

Are you that desperate to kick off about a totally petty 15quid in profit.

You obviously do care rob. Or you wouldn't have posted up complaining in the first place!? Ripping off!? How am I ripping off anyone!?

I don't like being accused of being dishonest or ripping anyone off mate if I'm honest. I'm not doing either.

Maybe Race-Tech, WEPR and ID-Workz should shut there doors then. If people arent allowed to make some profit to fund there other cars/hobbies?

The above statement has nothing to do with this topic, none of the above companies buy someones used parts and list them up for a higher price on there website.

You say you'd take £450 but i very highly doubt that because when I've dealt with you before you have no movement in prices at all. At the very tops you will knock £10 off because of your all famous line "These are extremely rare to find in this condition" meaning the buyer will think oh shit I'll never see these for sale again and buy them. (Exactly like you've done with me in the past with the rear cup holders).

I honestly don't understand how your trying to make Rob feel bad about apparently kicking up a fuss over £15 when the site owner is buying from its users and selling the parts off to make a profit. No matter if it's £10 or £15 profit, profit is profit.

Aamir

The above statement has nothing to do with this topic, none of the above companies buy someones used parts and list them up for a higher price on there website.

You say you'd take £450 but i very highly doubt that because when I've dealt with you before you have no movement in prices at all. At the very tops you will knock £10 off because of your all famous line "These are extremely rare to find in this condition" meaning the buyer will think oh shit I'll never see these for sale again and buy them. (Exactly like you've done with me in the past with the rear cup holders).

I honestly don't understand how your trying to make Rob feel bad about apparently kicking up a fuss over £15 when the site owner is buying from its users and selling the parts off to make a profit. No matter if it's £10 or £15 profit, profit is profit.

Aamir

It has everything to do with it... They buy in parts, and then sell them on. Same Principal Aamir... Used or New...

I would take £450...

You've dealt with me before on optional extras... Are these a rare optional extra? Just because I didn't allow you to haggle....

On top of that, I'm quite happy to do a deal with a decent member. Something your quickly disappearing from....

I am getting annoyed, because I'm being accused of ripping people off on parts?

To be fair I do see where rob is coming from here. (No disrespect to anyone else on here but this is just my opinion)

I'm also active on the mkiv supra forum, and this rarely happens on there now. Because of the cost of parts are a lot higher on there, certain members were on the lookout for cheap parts, they'd buy them, and re-list them a month or two later at more money. The mods took a dislike to this and there has since been a clampdown on people doing it.

I think when rob is talking about the scene, he means gone are the days of forum members being honest/helping each other out, and I'm sorry to say, I have to agree, it does appear that a lot of members on here are more interested in making money than helping they're fellow comrades. (considering I've been active on this forum since it was first started way back in 2003/4?)

I remember two separate instances back in the early days where I needed parts (a stock exhaust and a shock absorber from memory) and as these were just considered throw away parts, all previous members wanted was postage for them, and I have done exactly the same in the past also.

I'm afraid to report that now-a-days this is not the case, I had been on a lookout for a stock Glanza exhaust for 2 years, plenty of owners still have them, but most (even though they never plan on using them again) want anywhere from £50 to £100 for them. Which is madness, one guy responded to me saying he'd just binned his but he'd still want £60 for it.

I also back in the day remember a gt turbo shell free for collection, this was a fairly regular thing to see on here (even though the costs of gt turbos were much higher back then) but you regularly see car shells up for sale for a few hundred quid now.

Two points id just like to clarify and re-clarify...

1, It sounds like im buying with the intention to sell. Not the case. I have since purchased a set of Desmond Regamasters & SSR Firenze... Wheels which I prefer. hence these going up for sale.

2, I dont expect to list anything in a marketplace at a price without expecting to get haggled. Unless the item is one of a kind or ridiculously rare.

In this case these wheels are certainly not. Hassle to purchase yes, rare no...

For £450 posted. Im making slim to Nothing on them? So where is the problem?

The original statement Im after making a cheeky £150 is complete at utter bullshit. Quite Frankly....

Its a bit disturbing this thread is still continuing :sad:

It's pretty simple. The wheels are 350.. You put them up for 500. Excluding postage in both examples. Doesn't take a mathematical genius to work that out.

So a) 150.00 mark up isn't bullshit, so stop trynna claim its 15 quid profit lol.

The wheels aren't rare? Correct so why have you advertised them as Unique then?

Really? Genius? You seem to be struggling here...

£350 + Postage £380...

£450 - Postage £420...

Within £40 here. How is £40 similar to £150?

So yes... it is BULLSHIT....

Unique, yeh? There are maybe 2 sets on glanza's I know about?

Not Rare, due to fact you can purchase new still...?

Getting Petty Now...

Not what you had them up for tho was it... or you just out to get what you can?

You are avoiding the point to justify it saying you'd take lower and that you put some wheel sealant on them. Someone could of happily turned round and paid full up you wouldn't of then turned round and gone oh by the way have em for 450 posted as I'm overcharging you.

As you clearly love detail ...Unique? - "being the only one of its kind, unlike anything else" I would say one of a kind is quite rare!

Sorry to do this Matt but putting in my 2ps worth.

I wouldn't have done this, from a personal standpoint. If I had bought the wheels, for my personal use, and later decided that I didn't want them, I would have been pefectly happy selling them back on for the same price. You may argue that Rob had sold them for too cheap a price, that may well be the case, but I wouldn't want to be seen as potentially profiteering from another member. Now, I'm not saying that's what you did in this case (and indeed, no-one can say you're profiteering with JDM-EP as the parts are cheap, but that's by the by), but I would have at least offered them back to Rob privately for the same price before taking the decision to sell them publicly.

Maybe it's just me being soft, I don't know. But this whole topic had left a sour taste in my mouth and I wanted to get it off my chest. I'm not saying this speaking as a moderator, but as a member who has been on various Starlet forums since '06/'07. A lot has changed since then, and one of those changes (leaving UKSC behind) was done in part to give everyone a fair say.

That's all I have to say on this matter.

I'd be tempted to buy them back seeing I've got my Glanza still as they were off my bros and my previous build.. But what they were sold for.. Not what you've got them up for... Bit of cheeky profiteering !

Personally not actually bein yours or your brothers anymore I don't understand why you are even commenting on this thread, go buy some more if you want some and let the bloke sell these for what they are worth as in that condition they are worth every penny .

Just read this whole thing and surprised it's not been locked or something with all this arguing it's gonna make people think twice about this site reading this he bought the wheels he doesn't want them anymore and is selling them it's like winning a car but being told ow when you want to get rid you can't sell it for money as you won it and didn't pay anything for it lol this needs a clean up bad and left alone for buyers that are interested that's it people that know socks and have read his build thread will know he is always changing parts as he always likes a change in my eyes doesn't mean he is purposely trying to profit if he wants to add a bit of dollar let him do it don't moan about it let it be it's done now lol happy shopping people hope this gets resolved peace people and safe buying don't forget no matter who it is buy with PayPal and don't send as gift you never know :)