latest run around Evo 4 dead already

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good man, anything special or just standard engine ?

James

Just a stock 6 engine has 60k on it, the company have fitted new balance belt and cambelt kit, 3 months warrenty on it

Im ordering aload of gaskets and tart up parts when home tonight

What a mare. I bet they're wishing they just done the bloody cam belt now. Serves them right. I hope they make a right loss because of this. Hopefully teach them a lesson.

Something inside rubbed against the oil pump housing then blocked the oil ways for pump and seized it solid which snapped the belt so it was fucked from day i got it pretty much and was waiting to let go

Alot of the dsm/evo lads to our gallery mod, dunno if it might be useful for you to look into ben

Seen that bud and means taking the head off which i aint got time to do as once this loan car goes back to them tomorrow im car less

Will the 4 ecu run the 6 engine? I'm not sure it can....

Yep all 4-8 engines fit straight in it, just gotta swap all my auxcillerys onto it, been on mlr and theres hundreds of threads about it being fine, only need the newer ecu if you want it mapped

Edited by Glanza-Ben

Nice one, hope it all goes well :)

Yeah you need a 5 onwards ecu to remap

Me to mate just want a car again, since it was having a engine swap a newer version was the perfect upgrade and now more power can be added in future now :)

Booo! Just enjoy your car for what it is Ben, save your money and spend it on proper services like good brand oil and filters and axle oil

I have just ordered all new oil for it etc so hopefully once its all done it should last a while this time, misses is hopefully getting a evo 5 in near future once this ones sorted aswell lol

New engine came today looks fresh and everything is new on it, all my gaskets and oils arnt here yet so cant build it back up yet

[url=http://s588.photobucket.com/user/devoncoupedriver/media/20150514_162802.jpg.html20150514_162802.jpg

Heres the old engine damage

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/93535-could-i-get-away-with-a-skim/#entry1109952

Blessing in disguise really, got to drive a sick granny wagon around and got a more reliable engine ;)

Actually buying a agila for a 9 country fun run now haha and yea hopefully will be a gem once done