latest run around Evo 4 dead already

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same thing happened to my mates evo 5 don't know why so many garages lie about doing cambelts when it takes about 2hrs to do, can't go wrong with dropping an e8 engine tho:) hope it gets sorted

Will have to wait to see what garage say, i would personally like to save her so hoping theh offer to buy a new engine so will get a newer engine for her or forge it

Your quite lucky this happened so soon and not a few months down the line all garages/car traders have to give at least 3 month or 3k warranty by law my mate has just been through court with something similar

yea theres a few things online about garage warrentys so i know im quite covered the only thing thats pissed me off is its ruined a tidy motor

Shocking! Guessing the engine fooked now...either way I would take no chance's just get your money back, motherfuckers.

i reckon its destroyed happened goin full chat inlet cam spins like no effert and exhaust cam is locked so reckon rocker arms are snapped and exhaust side is stuck in the pistons

im just gutted to see a mint example ruined from a lie i reckon he will have it back and strip it which will be a shame

i reckon its destroyed happened goin full chat inlet cam spins like no effert and exhaust cam is locked so reckon rocker arms are snapped and exhaust side is stuck in the pistons

im just gutted to see a mint example ruined from a lie i reckon he will have it back and strip it which will be a shame

Ahh man hope they sort you out asap where did you get it from?

Belts on the 4g63 arent even difficult fuck sake, what a bunch of cunts. Hope they give you a decent chunk of cash for a new engine instead of them taking it back and stripping it for parts.

I will be wanting them to pay for new engine for me to fit as don't trust them to do it or full refund but would be gutted if they take it back and strip it for parts

With the car garage telling you its new cam belt fitted, i know its snapped but what's the condition of it like? Meaning does it look like an old one, worn & shiny, just asking as I would love to know what there excuse will be, & by law when you get a car from trader you have 3 months on it, your well in your rights to just get all your money back.

with you paying for extra protection cover, you didn't need to unless they have extended past the 3 months, if the cover doesn't go past 3 months ask for it back it is a big con, even if they do fix it & you keep it.

With the car garage telling you its new cam belt fitted, i know its snapped but what's the condition of it like? Meaning does it look like an old one, worn & shiny, just asking as I would love to know what there excuse will be, & by law when you get a car from trader you have 3 months on it, your well in your rights to just get all your money back.

with you paying for extra protection cover, you didn't need to unless they have extended past the 3 months, if the cover doesn't go past 3 months ask for it back it is a big con, even if they do fix it & you keep it.

The belts about a decade old mate worn right out can barely see the writing on it so aint 4 days old lol i work at a garage so know the ins and outs of there selling rights etc but any garage can try blag there way out of this i just cant wait to see what he trys and says tomorrow when i ring him lol

More than likely get ya money back, if they do fix it make sure they don't have it for to long, they will be in no rush to do it mate, as you will no.

Edited by mart1

More than likely get ya money back, if they do fix it make sure they don't have it for to long, they will be in no rush to do it mate, as you will no.

i wont be having it back if they attempt to fix it i would rather do it my self so i know its done proper, tomorrows out come will tell all of whats gonna happen