ChrisssAhhhs Glanza **NEW BRAKES**

Well lads been meaning to put this up the last while but havnt really got around to it here's my new glanza I bought off Jcon,I originally was after a 98/99 spec one but when this came up I had to have it, I'm second owner on it and john has done an incredible job of maintaining the car as every recept for every nut,bolt,nct cert, tax disk is tucked away in a folder, I'm absoloutly delighted with it and you won't meet a nicer fella than john,

I've a few plans for it at the minute and have loads of bits hoarded at the minute and will get pics up ASAP, let me know what yous think.

Here's the spec so far,

Full factory kit

Pearl white Advan rc alloys

Hks ssqv II

Jam racing manifold

Apexi RSM

Flare

Blitz clear turbo timer

HKS boost gauge

Trd engine mounts

Tanabe 4 point bottom strut

Clifford 5.1 alarm

Full HKS Hi power silent exhaust

Full recaro interior

Rear 3 point strut brace

Rear anti rool bar

5 piece mat set

Momo stering wheel

Lowerd on tein springs and Kyb shocks

Rear 3 windows tinted

Here's a few pics that I have at the minute,excuse the last two there on my phone,

10849973_847620418632961_919026470664342

image_zpstsyjpe7k.jpg

image_zpsbvrotoyk.jpg

Edited by ChrisssAhhh
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Copied from Toc

Small update,Was up bright and early Saturday morning picked up anto16v and we made the trip to Wicklow to Andyseadog to collect this zep floorbar, Andy was a gent and a pleasure to deal with and I'd recommend him to anyone would have stayed chatting all day if anto wasn't in work lol, on my way home I stopped into browner and picked up a new solinoid, was there chatting to him for a while and ended up spotting a key barrell light so took that aswel while I was there, so went home and fitted them all and I'm happy with them let me know what yous think :)

Some pics

image_zpsewlfja92.jpg

image_zpsmzew3xqv.jpg

image_zpsvwlxyw4x.jpg

image_zpsfupa5rr8.jpg

Also the car had went for fresh paint since

Half way there :heart:

image_zps97pa731c.jpg

Ok lads she's finally back from paint :) I'm delighted with it here's a pic of it the day I got it back

image_zpsihqrm69a.jpg

I went a bit mad on the Sunday then tidying up a few little bits that were annoying me, so a quick trip to halfords and picked up a few bits.

image_zpsoncisd4u.jpg

First of all my wiper arms and blades were worn so I bought some new Bosch wipers, the arm were rusted and horrible so I spreyed them satin black along with the scuttle pannel as it had also seen better days,

Before:

image_zps3osmfkob.jpg

image_zpswi9ccl0d.jpg

image_zpsczklgcd7.jpg

After:

image_zpspqux7qxk.jpg

image_zpse9yxhjri.jpg

image_zps4ktbfopz.jpg

image_zps5jothkup.jpg

It's the little things that really do wonders for the car.

Next I had a set of plates I had bought a few months ago from jamesq2 on here so I got some heavy duty Velcro and stuck my new plates on, I used Velcro so it would be handy to change plates for nct.

Before:

image_zpsestde8nb.jpg

image_zpshlfzucfy.jpg

After:

image_zpsv9wmnx4y.jpg

image_zpsbzkp6t4i.jpg

Then I split my amber corners and fitted the brand new lenses I had

Comparison old vs new

image_zpskq4xqbjq.jpg

It's booked in for a service at BiMotoGarage this Saturday and I've one or two little bits left to tidy here and there have to clean the engine bay this weekend and refurb the lights, must get some better pics at the Dublin meet my phone camera is crap.

image_zpss7o67w4b.jpg

image_zpsbbpmjtlp.jpg

image_zpspuhbgwkm.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Well lads quick update my glanza decals arrived from toyota and collected them yesterday they had to be brought from japan by toyota and got stuck in customs for some reason but got them in the end

image_zpsnyjjtiss.jpg

Car is back 5 weeks now so is going back to the sprayers to get a rub down and buff so I'll fit them after it comes back

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my hands on a set of OEM wheels thanks to etuite, going to give them a good clean and see how they turn out and get some new tyres for them too, they will end up getting a resprey and a refurb in the coming months too

image_zpsoodmvupt.jpg

she looks the business now lad :thumbsup:

tell me how did ya wire in your glow barrel ive one here and for the life of me cant figure out where to wire it in mines got plugs but wont fit my loom so may chop them off

Thanks lads,

@JDMfreak I followed the wires from my dome light down the drivers A pillar and into the footwell and spliced into them down there only takes a few mins, there was these little red things on the end of the cable for the loom for the light and you clip them on and they make a cut so you don't have to go soldering it's very tidy if you have them

I was going to get some eBay one's for £12 but now seeing yours from Toyota it has changed my mind, not cheap but worth it, I bet your v looks brand new when you get them wheels refurbished :-) keep up the good work.