• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you want dark grey glanza stuff you'll be doing well, 99% of glanzas were electric. Connor @ep performance had some manual ones but not sure if they sold.

I do have all the stuff here for an ellecy conversion but was going to use the motors in these doors as my current ones are a bit sluggish.

As far as I know converting it to electric is just a case of putting all the motors and wires into the door and getting an electric door card/arm rest!

I'm buying manual doors for mine so I'll need to convert them and I've been told it's super easy.

I've done the electric window conversion on a starlet I had

you will need the full door wiring and the glass as manual glass and electric glass have different mounting on the rails

And you will need to remove the doors and wings handier for drilling the gromment holes out to run the glanza wiring loom into the car

Also the wiring socket is inside behind both of the kick panels and you will need to put the relay in its located in a holder screwed to the dash cross bar if ya need any pics of where any bits are let me know

I've done the electric window conversion on a starlet I had

you will need the full door wiring and the glass as manual glass and electric glass have different mounting on the rails

And you will need to remove the doors and wings handier for drilling the gromment holes out to run the glanza wiring loom into the car

Also the wiring socket is inside behind both of the kick panels and you will need to put the relay in its located in a holder screwed to the dash cross bar if ya need any pics of where any bits are let me know

Shiit I'm out of my depth lol. ;( really wanted to sort this before Japfest 2 lol

Okay. So is there not a manual door card with dark grey plastic from anything other than the Glanza?

Its not a big job sounds more harder than it is should take around an 2 hours to do both sides.

There is a manual window door card same as glanza I had a set in a starlet they were 98 spec and I didn't know how rare they were

As far as I know converting it to electric is just a case of putting all the motors and wires into the door and getting an electric door card/arm rest!

I'm buying manual doors for mine so I'll need to convert them and I've been told it's super easy.

If you beat me to it you'll have to let me know how easy it is hehe :)

If I can do it you can! Haha I'm hopeless with this kind of stuff.

If it doesn't unclip and then clip back on i'm screwed. Luckily, most of the stuff I've done so far involved unclipping and clipping back in place haha. Ahh, it'll be fine.

Everyone always tells me the best way to learn is to just do it and make mistakes etc, but since my car is my daily I cant really afford to mess it up!
there's bound to be a wiki about converting the windows

Everyone always tells me the best way to learn is to just do it and make mistakes etc, but since my car is my daily I cant really afford to mess it up!

there's bound to be a wiki about converting the windows

Haha yeah, well mines my only car but more than that I don't really have anyone to put it right if I mess it up!! XD Yeah I will have a look for some kind of in depth instructions!

Took zero pics, because forgetful, but changed the 2 front tyres since one was a bit naughty, oops. And took the hub cap thingys off. Not sure what my plan is lol but they're in the boot now... :D