sti scooby or glanza?

which should i go for guys, I've had 3 starlet turbos in the past but im weighing up my next move - should i buy a glanza or should i buy a version 4/6 subaru impreza sti - they run about 280bhp standard, but cost double the insurance/tax and petrol to run almost... is it worth the outlay or should i get a glanza?

looking for honest opinions guys please, the car will be used as a wkend toy/occasional track toy.

im not getting an evo guys it was either a subaru sti classic shaped OR a glanza

Get a glanza, people where just offering advice on another choice instead of a impreza, i took my mates 360bhp p1 out and went and bought a evo after as the scooby just felt crap and the power was not all that, there was no fun in driving it, but every one has a different opinion on what they like

A glanza would be way more fun then a scooby

Had a go in a mate evo fq320 was powerful, it's a different type of power very smooth in comparison to a 4e and a larger turbo, power is instant and stronf/torquey but the power of the 4e once lag has gone is a different kind of fun with fwd and light body.

Depends what you like I guess. It's a very personal thing you're best bet is to try and have a go in one.

Scooby's are overated unless you put some good money in them to shift the 1.5 tonne mass if your not an evo head then a glanza it should be stripping the weight off a V could make it twice as light as the scooby the 4wd would be nice to have but a top notch set of tyres and LSD can make up for that. I would pick a whole load of cars before the scoob why have the TD04 on the Sub when you can stick it on a V :D

Probably a subaru for me, people say they are overrated, they are under rated to me, they've just had a bad rep in England for loads of dick's buying them and putting rally graphics down them. They can be very tasty if tuned right.

If you have the many to keep the Subaru on the road in every way well go for it but a nice spec Glanza can be just as fun. I seen lots off lads going to other car and only have other cars for a short time looking to go back to a starlet.

well as i said I've had 3 starlet turbos in the past already so i know enough about them and what id be getting myself into with them. I've not had a subaru before but its weighing up if the subaru is worth the outlay compared to the glanza?

Both as unreliable as each other really. Subaru's can be had for next to nothing these days, plus their newer. Don't like the seats in them but that is just a minor thing.

The power delivery is very smooth on the Subaru's like people above have said that they are boring etc, but a smooth power delivery doesn't mean a car is slow.

Depending on your driving style they do love to drink fuel.

Repair costs can be astronomical, but that's why they are so cheap to buy.

Best to go drive a couple and see what you think and how it compares, your money at the end of the day and no one can tell you what car to buy.

Edited by AdamB
  • 2 weeks later...

well as i said I've had 3 starlet turbos in the past already so i know enough about them and what id be getting myself into with them. I've not had a subaru before but its weighing up if the subaru is worth the outlay compared to the glanza?

Ive told u loads go for the glanza haha

I had a glanza and now I have a subaru. Now my glanza was loads of fun as it was light and over 300hp. I bought a bugeye spec c and with the manual diffs and its 150kg ligther than stock it is fun to drive and is only stock. Its a different type of fun the starlet was loud and aggressive where as the subaru is more contolled and there is not alot that will touch it in the corners.

as above my old scooby stuck to the road and cornered like shit to a blanket but... the power was a little bit reserved and to controlled it was far from what id consider an animal, and on the other hand a forged starlet with a big turbo is exactly that an animal.

so really it all depends on what you want from a car if you want a mental weekend toy that will put the biggest smile on your face go for a starlet but if its your daily and you use it everyday but you want something quick but comfortable go for a scooby

I like imprezza they can be awesome cars, my boss had a classic shape, i love this shape but my god it sucked it was soooo slow lol well for a 2.0 turbo anyway i expected it to be much quicker and it handles like shit but I've been in others that where awesome so its just a luck of the draw same with a glanza i suppose mate! Personally id probably prefer a glanza over a classic shape but id love a newer imprezza too :)

• 3 weeks later...

I've currently got a Scooby.

My Glanza was way more fun, faster and better handling.

However... I can get all my sports equipment in the back of the Scooby (kayak, paddle, outdoor kit etc...) and it can take me anywhere due to 4WD system. Makes rivers/mountains a lot more accessible.

Plus its not a daily and is only driven on weekends.

Therefore the Scooby wins for me purely on practical reasons.

Its a Bugeye Estate version by the way. ;)