I have been 2 times the past year be prepared for little english talking

I best try and learn some basic Japanese then lol. A guy I work with use to live in Yokohama for 2 years and he said its an amazing place, is there many car places around? We've planned a day to go to up garage and all the other ones around the outskirts too!

There is up garage all over the place super autobacs is good aswell i tried to find a starlet tuner for the mrs but they are really rare now in japan so we just went to rotary ones for me ha to be fair you will get by with pointing and using your fingers for counting as most food ect is numbered i rented a mini modem when i went so i could use google maps and we rented a car for 3 weeks driving in tokyo is good and not as bad as you would think first time i went we rented a ae86 B)

ive been wanting to go for ages but never got round to planning anything. Be great having a contact over there for someone who would take you round some places.

Tattoos aren't really liked by the japanese i wasnt allowed to wash clothes in a hotel as the washing machine was in the hot baths area and i have a sleeve so wasnt allowed to show it

Super clean and safe country, people walking with their big wallets in their back pockets and everyone are so kind and trustworthy. Tattoos are more accepted on westerners, but some places still won't accept tattoos what so ever. Check my build thread (J's Glanza) for some pics from Nagoya :)

In an edition of Banzai magazine (maybe last months) there was a guy who wanted to go there, but didn't want to drive around in a boring everyday car. He actually found a company which would hire out proper JDM cars. He had an Integra Type R (JDM of course). Went to a local car meet in that. Really interesting.

Tattoos aren't really liked by the japanese i wasnt allowed to wash clothes in a hotel as the washing machine was in the hot baths area and i have a sleeve so wasnt allowed to show it

Not surprised, tattoos are quite associated with the Yakuza gangs.

In an edition of Banzai magazine (maybe last months) there was a guy who wanted to go there, but didn't want to drive around in a boring everyday car. He actually found a company which would hire out proper JDM cars. He had an Integra Type R (JDM of course). Went to a local car meet in that. Really interesting.

That guy is the owner of 6two1 :thumbsup:

Im pretty sure 7tune do a car experience type thing where you can drive initial d inspired cars on the touge...

Definately on my list of places to go in my lifetime!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you get time climb mt fuji its well worth it the hotel we had view

50643272920877c9f4965ed85b82aebc.jpg

if you dont mind what hotel is this? Me and my bf are planning on going hopefully within a year or two and that looks amazing!

My mate frequents Japan. Recently imported himself a JDM wife too.

It's really worth getting a travel guide on Japanese etiquette before you go, easily offended people and knowing some of the weird manners they have over there can get you a long way! Especially if your going exploring.

if you dont mind what hotel is this? Me and my bf are planning on going hopefully within a year or two and that looks amazing!

Just spied this sorry its mizuno hotel i can get the address if needed free bike rental also which is handy B)

Edited by turbomad