For information purposes only. What can and can't you beat in a 400+ glanza.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah bad times lol

Meh. :p

EDIT glanzaMac just seen your 'issues' with fitment in the other thread - you've every right to be in a bad mood Lol

Phil

you got it all sorted yet?

Phil

Thread title should be changed to " What can a 400bhp Glanza beat in a straight line"

I hedge my bets and say that a well setup 240-250bhp chassis could lap faster than a 400bhp starlet on quite a few tracks in the UK. (Capable driver of course)

Edited by AdamB

Thread title should be changed to " What can a 400bhp Glanza beat in a straight line"

I hedge my bets and say that a well setup 240-250bhp chassis could lap faster than a 400bhp starlet on quite a few tracks in the UK. (Capable driver of course)

"What can a 400bhp Glanza beat in a straight line"

*with a rolling start at 50mph in 3rd gear :) haha

That's my aim ^_^

I'd be slightly concerend if you couldn't get away from the majority of cars you first posted. None are particularly mental.

FairPlay that you are enjoying your car tho but like mentioned straight line warriors piss me off too. No ability whatsoever is required

Edited by RobSR

this is why l only use my gt on a "wide fast track" when i had just over 300bhp it was WAY faster on a circuit than the 412 its got now ( due to bigger turbo) its still good on a tighter track but exit speeds are reduced due to lag.... so i use my mx5 for smaller tighter tracks and the GT for all out speed.

400bhp is alot of power in a starlet, but my 450bhp supra is just as capable at street speeds as it has a MUCH bigger power band. andystarlet with a 1.3 or 1.5 lump will only make good power form 5k rpm onwards IMO. even my mx5 is faster point to point... then again i did build my GT for all out speed lol

P.S - id suggest to stay out Birmingham street racing , i know a few people that still go. no matter how much fun it is, it dosnt compair to a proper trackday... yes i been there done that but what do i know.

question is can your fast street car survive/take the abuse on a proper track ?

Edited by goldenvtr

this is why l only use my gt on a "wide fast track" when i had just over 300bhp it was WAY faster on a circuit than the 412 its got now ( due to bigger turbo) its still good on a tighter track but exit speeds are reduced due to lag.... so i use my mx5 for smaller tighter tracks and the GT for all out speed.

400bhp is alot of power in a starlet, but my 450bhp supra is just as capable at street speeds as it has a MUCH bigger power band. andystarlet with a 1.3 or 1.5 lump will only make good power form 5k rpm onwards IMO. even my mx5 is faster point to point... then again i did build my GT for all out speed lol

P.S - id suggest to stay out Birmingham street racing , i know a few people that still go. no matter how much fun it is, it dosnt compair to a proper trackday... yes i been there done that but what do i know.

question is can your fast street car survive/take the abuse on a proper track ?

any recent videos ?

Phil