Hi guys,

Not one to usually do this, but had to have a rant.

I bought a td04 kit off a member on here last year. Initially I just wanted the the turbo kit, but he said he would throw an external wastegate in for a good price. I was a bit skeptical as it was a tial replica gate, but the dude said that he had had no issues what so ever with it. So I thought sod it, and bought it as well, as it was already running a .8 bar spring (I was planning to run low boost until I could afford to get the car mapped)

I spent a couple of months gathering other bits I would need like, brakes suspension, wideband etc, and took the car down to my mates garage (he agreed to do the work). Due to some family issues, which occured with him, he had it for a lot longer than expected, and I only recently got the car back.

The car has a slight boost issue...It wasn't boosing past 0.5 bar. The vac pipes were set up wrong intially. But We soon sorted that out. But the car still only boost to .5 bar max.

So I didn't worry about it too much, and thought the seller maybe made a genuine mistake....I could always order a new spring. But it wasn't until I was searching around the forum on external wgs, that I saw the seller post on someone elses thread....dissing the wg he sold to me, and stating that he had issues with it so got rid for a more expensive brand......WTF?? (the post was made after he had sold it to me)

So I'm a bit pissed now, as the cash I spent on that wg could have been put towards a proper working wg, and its the principle in itself that he wasnt honest enough to just tell me the truth from the get go.

Moral of the rant, I won't be buying cheap parts again, and most definitely won't be buying sod all of this dude again!

Edited by Djaniero

You should just get a 1bar spring in there.

But sorry to hear of your trouble

I once sold a tial only to be told it was fake

:( gutted but a refund and apology later and all was well

Phil

Absolute joke mate. Agreed name and ban imo. It's one thing to sell counterfit parts unknowingly, it's a completely different thing to sell it a brag about it.

To be fair mate, my brother is running a cheap eGay one and it holds boost fine. And my mate had one on his D16 Turbo, and it was an eBay special turbo, ran sweet as a nut.

Edited by Calum122

yes name the fucker haha

I'll see what he has to say first. But if not I'll gladly name and shame.

You should just get a 1bar spring in there.

But sorry to hear of your trouble

I once sold a tial only to be told it was fake

:( gutted but a refund and apology later and all was well

Phil

Hey Phil, would a 1 bar spring be ok in there? A mate of mine had similar issues with his...he said changing the spring didnt make any difference, they were all pretty much the same so went for a mbc instead. I'm fully ballin on a budget at the moment, so i may have to go down the mbc route too :s

Absolute joke mate. Agreed name and ban imo. It's one thing to sell counterfit parts unknowingly, it's a completely different thing to sell it a brag about it.

To be fair mate, my brother is running a cheap eGay one and it holds boost fine. And my mate had one on his D16 Turbo, and it was an eBay special turbo, ran sweet as a nut.

It seems to be luck of the draw with them mate. I remeber you saying that your brother hasnt had any issues with his. Maybe I'm just one of the unlucky ones.

You sure the springs not just a 0.5 in? A ebc can do all the rest of the work...

I ordered and tried a .8 bar spring from demon motorsports and the same thing happens....If funds allowed I would 100% get an ebc :)

Is there a chance the seal in it is missing?

It was initially...car sounded like a tractor. But fitted the sealing ring and double checked everything else

Edited by Djaniero

Those demon motorsports springs are a waste of time haha, ive had a few and they are always under what they are ment to be.

Get a good ebc and job done.

Those cheap ewgs tend to be ok if you dont ask too much of them.

Those demon motorsports springs are a waste of time haha, ive had a few and they are always under what they are ment to be.

Get a good ebc and job done.

Those cheap ewgs tend to be ok if you dont ask too much of them.

LOL....I wish I would have known that before I bought the ne spring...So would a 1bar spring from them be closer to .8 bar like Phil said?

You can also bed the wastegate valve in just like the ones in your head.

hmm I think I saw Mikey make a video about this.

ps guys. I've had a think and, you guys do deserve to know who it is....it was ROTABOOST. People may have bought from him before with no issues, but this wasnt the case for me....gutted.

LOL....I wish I would have known that before I bought the ne spring...So would a 1bar spring from them be closer to .8 bar like Phil said?

Probably around that area dude, my 0.83 spring is 0.6 haha. Its not an exact science though.

I would buy an ebc and try run it to hold 0.8 you will know for sure what's what, ideally you need an ebc anyways I know mbc are cheaper but we didn't buy expensive Jap cars to wack little job do'ers on it? :D

Probably around that area dude, my 0.83 spring is 0.6 haha. Its not an exact science though.

lol nuff said. I'll try and swop it for a 1 bar one then.

I would buy an ebc and try run it to hold 0.8 you will know for sure what's what, ideally you need an ebc anyways I know mbc are cheaper but we didn't buy expensive Jap cars to wack little job do'ers on it? :D

I see your point. I had an avc r on my last GT, but I havent got the cash for one of those at the moment. Any others you would suggest that would be reliable without breaking the bank?

Hmm would it be a stupid idea to double up in my both springs?

That's what i did in my GT dude, put two springs in there, one was the spring it came with (0.5 i think, and one was a 0.8 one i bought afterwards, holds just short of a bar like that.

I use a cheap mbc (i can't see the link in your pm becuase im on works computer) to up it on the glanza and that worked spot on, no complaints and held right up to the red line. An ebc will give a better level of control etc but purely to hold the correct boost an mbc will do the job until you can afford an ebc