Whats your starlet music setup?

Right so looking to be getting my N/a GT on the road within the next couple of months.. probably, and one thing ive noticed is the standard dash speakers are dog shit compared to my lexus.

All my cars have either had no music at all (racecar purposes) or have had really good standard sound systems, so ive not had to fuck about with sound setups before.

So im needing ideas, pictures, lists whatever for a bit of inspiration :)

Also i wont be fitting any massive max power halfrauds sub amp m9 boot installs haha.

uprated dash speakers. then 2x vibe slick 6x9's 2x vibe slick 6" with cross overs and tweeters in the back quater panels and a wee custom sub encloser in the back corner to keep 12" sub everythings been amped and ran off my tablet.

sounds great considering its just a random collection of speakers i had sitting in my house.

uprated dash speakers. then 2x vibe slick 6x9's 2x vibe slick 6" with cross overs and tweeters in the back quater panels and a wee custom sub encloser in the back corner to keep 12" sub everythings been amped and ran off my tablet.

sounds great considering its just a random collection of speakers i had sitting in my house.

I'll need to have a look next time i see ya! Never noticed before.

Dont waste your money lol

Tbf the only thing you could do which would help is get some optional ep82 door speakers, the oem dash speakers suck due to position.

It will be a good use of money considering its going to be a daily :)

The door speakers are pretty hard to get a hold off but will keep an eye out :)

I'm a JBL fan had loads others in the past nothing came close to it.

Are they 6x9 parcel shelf ones or something else?

Honestly dont bother with the dash speakers if theyre in the same place as the ep91 speakers, They still suck even when upgraded.

What you could do is box them in to help push the sound out and create some bass.

Cool man thats why im asking, needing feedback before i go away and do pointless shit haha.

Are those carrozzeria shelf speakers any good?

Cool man thats why im asking, needing feedback before i go away and do pointless shit haha.

Are those carrozzeria shelf speakers any good?

there actualy really good i have a set in the house ive sold where bang on only reason i removed them was no parcel shelf ha!

there actualy really good i have a set in the house ive sold where bang on only reason i removed them was no parcel shelf ha!

I like the look of them but even better if they sound decent too!

Just sounds so tinny with no bass in the GT, i'd rather have no music!

I like the look of them but even better if they sound decent too!

Just sounds so tinny with no bass in the GT, i'd rather have no music!

nah they are good if i could have kept mine and amped them i would have kept them. go for fairly cheap aswell to be honest

I love the noise from my car but with it being 3 hours to the nearest strip or 7hours for japfest and such like even with the music up you can still hear the drone from your exhuast sitting at 5k for hours after you arrive home ha! Music is a must to maintain sanity!

I love the noise from my car but with it being 3 hours to the nearest strip or 7hours for japfest and such like even with the music up you can still hear the drone from your exhuast sitting at 5k for hours after you arrive home ha! Music is a must to maintain sanity!

Precisely! Long journeys need something to balance drone

Nothing beats the charts like an angry buddyclub anyways haha

Hahaha this is exactly my feel. I don't think I've ever once listened to the radio in any starlet I've owned

My silver GT had no music, fully stripped out, and the only soundtrack was a 5zigen border 304, also the noise of stones hitting off the floor, no sound deadning, no carpet etc.

My 85 is also fully stripped out, the exhaust on that is loud as fuuuuck! Plus its got a screamer.

I had a celica 190 2zz with an exhaust no bung or fuck all, that was loud as it gets at 8000rpm, still listened to music in that. One of my Imprezas was loud, ive had civics before which make some noise! My gs300 2jz has two 5" backboxes (i didnt fit them) basically i like my cars loud :)

No doubt this N/a will be loud too, its gonna have a straight through with my 5zigen border 304.. but still gonna have the interior. Id like some music in it :)

Exactly man.

Precisely! Long journeys need something to balance drone

Yep defo. Ive done a few 100mile plus trips in the 85 and been really wishing there was some music :)

This was the set up I had in my NA if your not trying to keep the weight down....

MDF parcel shelf and boot floor

Vibe black air 6x9's
Vibe 10sub
Vibe black air door speaker ( can't remember size)
Two mutant X amps

I amp'd both sets of speaker and then the sub on the other amp ( can link two amps together ) that way you get control over speaker output as well as sub and overall you get awesome sound ! When I'm on the laptop il try and find you a pic :)

James

here you go, only pics I can find are ones near the end so the vibe 6x9 had been replaced with crappy edge ones

IMG_0047_zps94a99f75.jpg

IMG_0048_zps70ddd8d6.jpg

Edited by jimmymac101

I replaced the stock front speakers with JL audio C2's. Worth to check out as the price isn't bad, but the sound is very good and clear even the stock location is shit.

• 5 weeks later...

i have some vibe 6x9's in the shelf but im tempting getting creative with the rear plastics and using some fibreglass, some hertz front speakers which sound good but has no depth due to toyota's silly idea (HMMM lets make music sound wank and point the speakers to the floor haha)

and a false floor which has been sealed up with a square kicker. i do have an amp powering it all and doesn't sound bad tbh.