4EFEJay's EP91 Sprint Project

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you want a bit of extra oomph you could use a turbo ecu and loom. The off boost part of the map which you would be using is quite aggressive. You also benefit from a knock sensor. just incase.

Another tip is to get a 4afe 4 branch manifold modded to fit the 4efe.

The exhaust size is perfect at 2" for that setup. Smaller and you will lose top end and any bigger and you lose low end.

I ran this setup with a jdm close ratio 5efhe gearbox and was side by side with ek4 sir civics to 60mph.

Absolutely destroyed other 4efe's.

If you want a bit of extra oomph you could use a turbo ecu and loom. The off boost part of the map which you would be using is quite aggressive. You also benefit from a knock sensor. just incase.

Another tip is to get a 4afe 4 branch manifold modded to fit the 4efe.

The exhaust size is perfect at 2" for that setup. Smaller and you will lose top end and any bigger and you lose low end.

I ran this setup with a jdm close ratio 5efhe gearbox and was side by side with ek4 sir civics to 60mph.

Absolutely destroyed other 4efe's.

Sounds interesting! I think i'll do a couple of rounds with normal power first. I have a lot to learn in regards to driving it properlly on track first! Its also always going to feel a bit slow in comparison to my GT86 so i've told myself not to worry about power!

I'll look for a different rear brace! Thanks for the heads up with that!

Ah good spot- hope you get a deal on it mate. My sister just sold her old Corolla but wouldn't let me swap the manis over :( yeh the cusco rear strut seems quite strong but nice and lite. I did start cutting my plastics but felt I was rushing things too so stopped and will remove them to cut properly.

Got the Manifold from the guy on Facebook! Thanks morgey for alerting me to that!

Paid £45 posted. Which seems to be the going rate for them. Bought new gaskets for it this morning too.

Today the exhaust gets delivered and hopefully the front brace.

Been thinking about the suspension some more. I think to start with i'm going to go for:

Tein S Tech Springs (Will look for coilovers and if a good deal comes up will grab them)

Whiteline Rear ARB Kit - http://www.fensport.co.uk/Parts/Model_38/Category_2/2018

Whiteline Anti-Lift Mounts - http://www.fensport.co.uk/Parts/Model_38/Category_2/2031

A question for anyone that might have views / experience...

My metal cover over the exhaust manifold has cracked and is rattling. Am I ok to just remove it? It seems to get super hot anyway so I can't imagine it's protecting anything or preventing heat soak?

Basically can I just remove it? The manifold is also quite rusty so is it worth cleaning it up and wrapping it with Exhaust wrap?

The only thing I'd say that may cause a problem is the hose that connects to this little box, it joins to a different location on the rolla mani so you'll need to pick up some more as the existing but isn't long enough.

0FDBC0C9-5728-4748-B44E-A2A72AD73308.jpg

Also if you haven't removed the stock inlet mani be wary that there is one bolt that holds it in from underneath too, I spent a good 20 minutes trying to pull it out until I got under the car and spotted one bolt holding it in place xD good luck!

Edited by Westley

Thanks :) I've got some spare hose so shouldn't be a problem.

Hopefully It shouldn't be too much of a problem :)

Just bought a new gasket and throttle body gasket. Hoping to use my current throttle body to make changing the cable over.

Quick question, I am looking at the old exhaust and looks like there is an O2 / Lambda sensor in the old stock exhaust.

However in my new one there isn't a space to re-fit it.

Can i just leave it unplugged? Or do I need t oget a thread welded into the new pipe?

The o2 only does its job when cruising/idle, so if its just an out and out sprint car then it shouldn't really matter, but it might throw up a code and put it in limp mode, might have to try and see.

Ok for now i've ditched it. It idled and reved fine for about 20 minutes whilst on the drive. Couldn't drive it as awaiting for a extra pipe. But no light yet!

If the worse comes i'll get the Sensor put in the front pipe again.

So today as per the last couple of posts my main mission was to fit the exhaust system. This turned into bit of a mission as once I started I soon realised the new system doesn't have any hole for the O2 Sensor. So spent a good half hour trying to google / search about the downsides of just unplugging it? I unplugged it and ran the car for 20 minutes or so, plenty of revs and all seemed fine. So for now its staying out. If anyone can tell me why this is bad or a strong reason for getting it refitted i'll get a thread put in the new pipe?

It then turned out that for some reason the new exhaust didn't come with the right size clips. 63mm instead of 70mm?! So a 20 minute drive out to STS Tyre Pro in Norwich who very kindly gave me the 70mm clips I needed! Got the back box off. Front pipe on and mounted up to the manifold. However for some reason the entire system seems too short by about 15inches. I think there was maybe a bolt in cat or Silencer in the old car that I didn't get? Can't complain for £40?! So have now ordered a coupler pipe off ebay.

So I havn't been able to fire it up with the new system on today! Does anyone have any idea how loud its going to be? Its a 70mm diameter straight through system with one silencer back box. I know it'll fail the MOT, which doesn't matter for me so much. But more concerned about 98db Track limits?

The front strut brace also arrived yesterday so I fitted that. Took a bit of fettling to get it to fit in front of the fuel filter. But once i'd modified the bracket and gave it some stern words it seemed to fit well.

Looks great and hopefully has given us a bit of rigidity up front. It's not taxed or insured at the moment so can't give it a spin to report back on any difference.

Photo%2013-12-2015%2013%2058%2001_zps9cj

Photo%2013-12-2015%2013%2058%2006_zpslsw

looking great mate. Haven't decatted mine yet so im just running a custom back box with TTE tip and it's pretty loud already so i imagine with a decat it'll be really loud. It will depend how big your silencer is really.

Edited by Pikey009

looking great mate. Haven't decatted mine yet so im just running a custom back box with TTE tip and it's pretty loud already so i imagine with a decat it'll be really loud. It will depend how big your silencer is really.

Not huge, I think it's going to be ear splitting loud. I think what i'll probably end up doing is swaping out the mid-pipe for a silencer or a cat to kill the noise. I could also for now run a bung in the exhaust. Its 2.75" pipe which is massive! Bigger than what I have fitted to my 350hp car. So bunging the backbox a bit won't be a big problem.

yeh i think thats your best bet mate and quite cost effective. I'm not sure why these cars are so loud when you swap the exhausts out lol. Yeh I might get a mid silencer fitted too. The car does sound really good but it's just so droney on a longer run