4EFEJay's EP91 Sprint Project

Holy Wars!

Well the drivers seat was in perfect condition, its now got a big brown stain on it! Fired the starlet up for the first time with its new 2.75" straight through exhaust. It's insane! Literally sounded like a bomb going off!

I think my neighbours probably ducted for cover!

So gotta get a silencer and Cat fitted!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, might do. Ideally i'd like to silence it a bit first. It really is obscene! And will never ever need it that loud! It hurts!

Gonna get a silencer to go in it if I can. But also a Cat to keep it legal for MOT time. Should help kill the sound.

Really I want just a nice rumble and a bit of a sound. Not really worried about flow and 1 - 2 hp loss over adding a silencer.

Update after christmas:

Got a few nice bits for christmas.

New Open Face helmet,

New Sparco Race Suit

Fire Extinguisher With Car Mount

Low Profile Hydraulic Jack

I've also bought a OMP TRS-E Race Seat with RSA 4 Point Harness.

The exhaust has taken a back burner at the moment whilst I decide how to reduce the volume. I have a Full 2.5" GT86 exhaust system so going to cut that about and hopefully fit the resonator from that onto the starlet system.

Rear Tow Hook and Front Tow Strap also turned up.

We've also decided to go Pro Class. Which means we can fully strip! All trim and rear seats will be coming out and a Cage being fitted. :p

Focused on the exhaust this weekend. As decided I needed to get something sorted.

I've fitted a GT86 Resonator to the centre section of the exhaust and it's dramatically decreased volume. Idle is now about 80db and idle around 4k is 95db. So should be legal for track now!

Started to go stripped. Back seats removed and rear trim.

Now awaiting the seat and harness. Hopefully that'll arrive this week before i'm back at work.

Sounds good matey I bet it's loud! Mines 89db and it annoys me when it's stripped lol

Yeah, it's gonna be a ear full driving it on the road! I'm also going to order an exhaust bung baffle to shove up the end. Which will hopefully reduce it a bit more.

Long term I'll probably get a Cat put it in to be legal and kill bulk of the noise.

Today i'm off to cut the whole in the bumper for the new tailpipe.

Will get some photos up asap.

I work away during the week so unfortuantlly updates and tweaks to the starlet are limited to the weekend. :sad:

My seat should arrive today. Omp TRS-E. Cheap budget but will do the job for sprints! Coupled it with a 4 point RSA harness with quick release. Should be good fun.

Just need to know how to mount it? It comes with universal mounts but I don't think these will bolt onto the stock rails? Where can I get a decent rail to fit the OMP seat? Looked but can't seem to find anything specific. Or will the universal rails work with what i've got?

Cheers Jay

Hi mate just been reading your thread I own the silver glanza that was built and owned by fen sport for the sprint series though it might help you with your build if you need any ideas

Cool!

Fensport do all my work and I work with Fensport on a couple of bits. They built my GT86. Currently working on the Starlet.

Are you doing the Sprint Series this year?

So bit of an update.

As we've decided to go Pro I had to spend some stripping! Got as much weight out as possible.

Got the bucket seat mounted at the weekend, it actually bolted into the stock rails! Although sits a bit high, so am in the process of buying a low mount rail.

Cleaned all the crap out the back, got rid of all the bolts and clips! (There are hundreds!) And put in the loops ready for the harness!

Here's a load of photos.

18458198-1920-4EFE-81FD-E019046DE01D_zps

4914405E-4EB5-4ADD-AEA9-E9BD2B26A5D2_zps

Are you getting your seat rail from JDT?

No, I think read that they only did a limited run? And A few others have asked and they just said they have sold out.

I've got mine off a Buy and Sell group on facebook.

Ah I'm not on fb. Still in the middle of fabricating some custom frames- should be finished next weekend :) cars coming along nicely mate

Awesome, I've committed to a low Bride Rail from a guy on fb for £50. Looks like its pretty generic so should be able to bolt my OMP seat to it.

That's a very lucky score then as I heard they're crazy expensive to import

Yeah was looking to cost nearly £200! So grabbed this as soon as I could. Kinda figured i'd be able to sell it on if it didn't fit my seat. By I expect to be able to get it to fit somehow.

Harness should arrive this week.

Harness arrived last night! Astonished with the quality. Really is a nice bit of kit. I went for one with the quick release Clip and toggles on the shoulders.

Test fitted and all is good! Need to adjust the sizes and things but going to wait until the seat is in on its proper rail before doing this.

Couple of photos the best I could as it was dark.

E8CCBBA8-E0BA-40CE-85F0-3D2014AD3896_zps

8B535E4E-75DE-4F59-B22E-48E820CED212_zps

Couple of updates as its been a little while..

Bought a Rev Counter Tachometer.

Low Seat Rail arrived today.

Just bought a OMP Steering Wheel and Removable Boss kit.

Fitting an exhaust bung this weekend to kill some DBs from the exhaust and a bit of the high pitch rasp.

Next stop is deciding on suspension. I want to go for fully adjustable coilovers but don't want to be spending £700+.