Jump to content

Marks starlet sr


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very impressed with your build so far. I have a few probably stupid questions. Are you running this on the standard ECU? If so how?? I have a set k2 throttle bodies sat in my garage and may ha e to ha e a go. I can see your using your standard TPS good mod. And the vacuum line  are you running that to the ecu? Thanks Dan

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mxdsnny said:
2 hours ago, Mxdsnny said:

Very impressed with your build so far. I have a few probably stupid questions. Are you running this on the standard ECU? If so how?? I have a set k2 throttle bodies sat in my garage and may ha e to ha e a go. I can see your using your standard TPS good mod. And the vacuum line  are you running that to the ecu? Thanks Dan

 

Hi mate I was running it on the stock ecu yes for a few weeks but I had to take them off as the fuelling was terrible and it needed adjusting to suit the itb's with a aftermarket ecu but it did run and drive on the standard ECU no problem. With the vacuum I took it off the 4 runners into a vacuum block and then ran the map sensor line and brake booster vacuum to it and also the fuel regulator vacuum. Nothing to the ecu. But yeah have a go it's a good project :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So not much of an update but I do have a few parts coming together, I made a little spacer ring for the gauge to fit the larger hole in the pod. And I finally decided to go with a ecumaster det3, seems like a few people have had good experiences with using it so I thought I'd give it a go.

4MF6DE2.jpg

3q5j7pT.jpg

r41XnMn.jpg

eKAIha0.jpg

SLp9KVZ.jpg

d2CTkBr.jpg

Not bad:

UJp1b88.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

Right the next thing I have started is taking the spare engine out and started stripping it down. I have had the head on the work bench for the last few months porting and polishing and going rebuild this and swap the head over. I have also been collecting parts for the exhaust manifold which is on the to do list next. The head was a pain to get off managed to round a few of the bolts unfortunately anyway heres where I'm at now.

c1UTqE0.jpg

RfLlFIw.jpg

wwWnpgp.jpg

QwHNbg1.jpg

6v7vLQw.jpg

And here's what 25+ hours of work  and having no social life for a few months will get you. It's not perfect but I am happy with the way it is.

BG2sPM6.jpg

qsiZ9Er.jpg

p31mRB6.jpg

K98si5Y.jpg

m732zfT.jpg

4BQINf2.jpg

cOZnrtB.jpgZje6iii.jpgLh8bEzR.jpg

I also port matched the exhaust to the inside of the runner tubes

b7FeAlO.jpg5oy1i5b.jpg

ozEh01r.jpg

I also done the chambers and smoothed out the step under the valve seats.

QKiO2r2.jpg

XYgjZGh.jpg7ygYNXU.jpghznhdut.jpgfXBtf1i.jpg

geClSgo.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...