★ Amjad's Sutāretto ッ ★ HKS exhaust fitted! :D

Hey everyone!

Been a member of the forum for a while, but I didn't own a starlet up until last week cool.png
I was looking for a starlet back in '07 for my 1st car, but got impatient lol and opportunistically bought a 4efe AE101 Rolla, sold only 9 months later due to financial reasons sad.png

I WAS thinking about buying a mint stock EP, and then doing it up from there, but being a college student without a job it wasn't gonna happen lol..Came across this one on Pistonheads, and thought hey, why not? Was going reasonably cheap, with bits and bobs that would have taken me ages to get hold of (wheels, seats etc etc), so took a trip down to Ipswich (long drive haha!) to see the owner, who was selling it to buy a Glanza!

The paint really caught my eye, thought it was just green at first, but noticed a slight purple/blueish tint in the light? Not sure if this is an OEM colour?? But hey, I liked it tongue.png
Bodywork is okay, few scuffs and scratches here and there, 3 of the wheels have a bit of lacquer damage, but I'm not too bothered at the moment, it's something I want to get sorted later down the line..Ooh and just to clarify!! (my mates have been commenting on it haha) I DO NOT like the spoiler smile.png Chavtastic eh? Hoping to take it off asap, but since it's bolted on, I'm assuming I'm gonna have to get the holed filled and the whole roof resprayed? so probably gonna sort that out in the Summer hols...And the replacement, I was thinking a Glanza spoiler instead? biggrin.png

Got a few plans lined up, but nothing much at the moment (exams are just around the corner, and gotta pay the parents back for buying me the car first so funds are tight!)

Hopefully if I get into Uni this year, I know what I'm going to be blowing my grant on hehehe! tongue.png

1998 "S" Toyota Starlet 1.3 S 8o,000 miles

Engine:
Freshly serviced 1.3 N/A
NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
Universal Backbox

Exterior:
Clear indicators w mirrored blubs
Crystal repeaters w mirrored bulbs
De-sidestripped, de-badged, de-stickered lol
Dark smoke tint on rears
Glanza taillights
*cough cough..silly spoiler..cough cough* (Apparently Carbon Fibre, but not sure if it's real or just CF film?)

Suspension & Brakes:
Lowered (-40mm I think) on PI springs
15" Team Dynamics Alloys in new 195/50/15 Toyo Proxes tyres
Black Diamond grooved and drilled discs w/Black Diamond pads up front
Standard drums rear

Interior:
Reclining bucket seats w/3 point Sparco harnesses
Richbrook steering wheel & gearknob
Sony Headunit, Vibe speakers up front, Pioneer 6x9s, JBL sub & 500W Twister amp

I thiiink that's about it!

Okay enough blabbing lol, I'm gonna try and post some pics up now!

Edited by Amjad
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As it arrived:

DSC01932.jpg

DSC01934.jpg

DSC01935.jpg

DSC01939.jpg

DSC01941.jpg

DSC01943.jpg

DSC01944.jpg

DSC01947.jpg

DSC01950.jpg

Halfway through removing the sidestrips & silly stickers:

DSC01952.jpg

DSC01953.jpg

After a looong day of removing that pesky glue and giving it a quick wash & T-Cut:

DSC01964.jpg

DSC01965.jpg

DSC01966.jpg

DSC01967.jpg

DSC01969.jpg

DSC01970.jpg

DSC01974.jpg

Some shots in the college car park :p (please excuse the Matiz in the background lol):

DSC01975.jpg

DSC01977.jpg

DSC01980.jpg

DSC01981.jpg

DSC01983.jpg

DSC01988.jpg

DSC01992.jpg

DSC01993.jpg

DSC01994.jpg

DSC01995.jpg

DSC02000.jpg

DSC02006.jpg

DSC02012.jpg

DSC02016.jpg

Welcome, yup its standard 6P3/6P2 paint code....youve taken a step in the right direction with the bumps and i deffo agree on the chav spoiler :p

where abouts are you from?

welcome to the club mate! looks like a great base to work with all those mods, :p

like you im not feeling the spoiler lol

Thanks Enzo! B)

The spoiler lol tell me about it!

It's OEM :p Nice one Asad! I'm originally from Bradford, but lived down in Cardiff most my life (I'm 19 :p )..You?

Nice base dude, shame about the spoiler, as everyone has said, sooner you can get it off, the sooner you can get a TTE or Glanza spoiler on! Or even leave it de-spoilered. dub-se7en has done that to his green N/A 4EFTE conversion, and it looks sweet.

Get lost spoiler and your onto a winner! Great base to start with, only 3-4 of these on the site IIRC.

Once that spoiler has been removed, fill in the holes and get the roof resprayed, shouldn't cost too much as its only one pretty straight panel.

Welcome to uksc,

As liam said nice to see another green one.

Am sure you already know a few people dont like the roof spoiler lol so not goin to join in.

But very nice base to start with, a few light mods and you have a sorted ep

Gary

Bring the car to the next South Wales meet and I will personally rip it off for you ;) :lol:

Haha, I'm hoping to take the car down to the dude who sorted my uncles BeeEm to see how much it'll cost..If I CAN get it done soon, I'll do so asap, otherwise just take the carbon fibre bit off leaving the mounts for now..Yes or no?

I feel all welcomed now ;) thanks guys lol

Tiny update: bought some white quad LEDs to replace the sidelights and numberplate bulbs, so I'll get some pics up when they've arrived and been fitted :D ..Not too sure whether I'm going to buy HIDs yet though, anyone got them on their Starlet?

Also, hoping to buy a K&N Panel off ebay next week, but still looking for that elusive Corolla Manifold..

Haha, I'm hoping to take the car down to the dude who sorted my uncles BeeEm to see how much it'll cost..If I CAN get it done soon, I'll do so asap, otherwise just take the carbon fibre bit off leaving the mounts for now..Yes or no?

I feel all welcomed now :lol: thanks guys lol

Tiny update: bought some white quad LEDs to replace the sidelights and numberplate bulbs, so I'll get some pics up when they've arrived and been fitted ;) ..Not too sure whether I'm going to buy HIDs yet though, anyone got them on their Starlet?

Also, hoping to buy a K&N Panel off ebay next week, but still looking for that elusive Corolla Manifold..

Looking Nice Mate ;) I seen you the other Day driving by Roath Park, thought Hmmm wonder if he's on the Club, and here you are LOL

Let me know if you need any bits, I broke a Glanza but some stuff will fit :D

Welcome to the Club

@ LowRed: Lol yeah, I live in Cyncoed, but I'm always down by Roath and that..seen a GT Turbo or two and an SR, but never a Glanza in Cardiff..Are you driving one now?

@ Dean: Thanks bud appreciate it! :angry2:

@ jonnygt: Yeah removing the Bumpstrips has made it niice and smooth :surrender: haha yeah I am really fond of these lights :unsure:

I finally took the spoiler off today lol looks a lot better imo! I left the mounts for now, I guess it isn't TOO noticeable, but I'm gonna get some rubber grommets and fill the holes with silicone for a temporary fix, and decide on what to do with the roof later..

IMG00084-20090515-1807.jpg

IMG00085-20090515-1807.jpg

IMG00086-20090515-1807.jpg

One idea that's been suggested to me by my mechanic is once I get a Glanza/TTE spoiler, to spray that, together with the bonnet and roof gloss black? I can't really picture it tbh, has anyone had something similar done? What do you guys reckon?

Beacuse its a dark colour it wouldnt be worth doing black, would stand out very well

Looking good now mate, I would recommend some import size numberplates now :surrender: