★ Amjad's Sutāretto ッ ★ HKS exhaust fitted! :D

Yeah, I am quite fond of the colour, so I think I would keep it that way when I manage to sort out a Glanza spoiler!

Cheers Sparky, yeah I was thinking of that, but I might be getting a private plate for my bday :surrender: (AMJ 371F)..Do you reckon that would look okay in the Jap plate layout? And if so, centre mount or on the side? Hmmm...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alright mate, thats a really nice lookin N/A :surrender: love the colour, looks way better without that spoiler. Im from cardiff too :unsure: theres a couple of gt around here now aint there, but still no other glanza's??? i think it was only me and pav who had glanza's around here untill he broke his. cheers, starlybruiser :angry2:

@ starlybruiser & Connor: Cheers guys, I appreciate the comments and feedback :D

@ Lewis: I guess I should start letting the family know I'd like that plate then haha! :D

Some goodies came in the post for me today :D

DSC02026.jpg

DSC02030.jpg

Hopefully gonna get them fitted in a bit and maybe take a trip down to the scrappys to look for a mani! :D

what sort of bulbs are thay if they are bulbs :D cause i dont know :D

connor

They're the regular W5W bulbs mate (the ones that plug into the sidelights) :D

I've just fitted the sidelights, but obviously not that bright in daylight, so I'll take some pics when it goes dark..But haven't fitted the numberplate bulbs, does anyone know how I can get access to them? i.e. Do I just pry them from the outside, or take out the bootlid lining where there are (I think) 5 screw-clips?

Alright so I thought I'd just wap a few photos up if the LEDs, I'm liking them a lot :)

By the way, there ARE white but look bluey here, as the cliche goes, the pics don't do them justice lol

DSC02044.jpg

DSC02048.jpg

DSC02034.jpg

DSC02036.jpg

One Yellow, One white

DSC02043.jpg

Both done

DSC02049.jpg

DSC02050.jpg

DSC02058.jpg

DSC02059.jpg

DSC02071.jpg

And finally, the interior festoon

DSC02066.jpg

About the interior lights, I cleaned up the contacts for the switch in the doors thinking it would fix the fact that the light doesn't turn on when it's set on the door setting, but still no luck..But for some odd reason, when I push the dome unit inwards while its on the door setting (and obv with door open) the light glows/blinks a little :) does that mean the problem lies in the switch itself?

Guest Enzo

this is a comon problem aparently, im not too sure why they do that but my dome light is the same, soemtimes if i bang it on my 4efe it does come on but not for long

looks pritty much same as my starlet same colour wheels same colour car same back lights only diff is the glanza rear I've got and sides but looks good mate was glad wen i saw u took the spoiler off lol

Cheers Tim! :D

I haven't had any other problems with the LEDs so I hope it stays that way lol..Small update, look what came for me in the post:

IMG00125-20090601-1335.jpg

WOOP WOOP! :D Can't wait to get this fitted (hopefully today)!

Very tiday car youve got there mate. Definately have to agree it looks better without the spoiler. Should go well with the mani fitted! Good luck with the build!

Thanks bro! :D

Lol Galliano, it took me a few weeks but I've finally got hold of one :D

I thought I'd might as well replace the TB and Inlet Gaskets, so went down to see Toyota..£7 and I should have them by Wednesday! So unfortunately haven't fitted it yet! Although I'm gonna clean it out with some Carb Spray and give it a lick of paint tomorrow if possible!

Oh and I've been thinking about this for a while, I'm hoping to keep my car for a good few years and build up my insurance NCB. I was thinking of an FTE conversion down the line, but I think I'd rather go all out and buy a GT/Glanza when I can afford the insurance! Howwverr, I think I have decided on carrying out a 5efe conversion when funds allow it :D ..I understand you just need to sort a decent engine and that's it?

• 1 month later...

Well I've been needing to update this for a while, haven't done much because I can't find a job grrr, but anyway here's the few things I have managed to sort out!

Its been a month or two since I got my Corolla Mani fitted and got a GT strut Brace (£10 hehehe!) and I must say it goes sooo much better! And it sounds damn sweet at high revs for just a universal backbox, I can't stop planting my right foot! lol..The strut brace has made a nice difference too, felt sharper in steering and more stable, especially in faster corners, can't wait to get a Whiteline Rear ARB, but that's a few months off at least! :p

Here's a pic of the engine bay, and yes it needs a spruce up :D (and by the way, I sanded down the Strut Brace ready for painting just in case you were wondering what that dodgy colour was haha!)

DSC02195.jpg

Also went to pick up a full set of GT Seats from Rhys (southwalestuner) and I lurrrrrve them! ;) really low and comfy!

DSC02193.jpg

DSC02189.jpg

The only things spoiling the interior now are those crummy door cards lol hoping to retrim them in black soon!

And Idrees sent me this badboy a few weeks ago (GT Spoiler):

DSC02204.jpg

DSC02205.jpg

I won't be able to do anything for a while now because my tax has run out :D but gonna either be buying some Import plates, 6000K Bi-Xenons and getting the front windows tinted, or....Save up for longer and get my Spoiler, Mani, Strut Brace and Rocker Cover all sprayed in 6P2 Green, well that's what I'm thinking anyway (Possibly a green/black rising sun combo on the engine, taking inspiration from Phil's ride hope you don't mind lol :D )...Ohh and I want to get a Glanza plate surround but I'm waiting for one to come up at the right price :p

Comments welcome peeps!

Very nice mate. Was nice meeting you.

Told you they would look good in there didnt i..... ;) its somthing a bit different thats for sure.

Get yourself some glanza door cards or somthing mate.

If theres anything i can help you with just give me a shout and ill see what i can do for you!

Very nice mate. Was nice meeting you.

Told you they would look good in there didnt i..... :D its somthing a bit different thats for sure.

Get yourself some glanza door cards or somthing mate.

If theres anything i can help you with just give me a shout and ill see what i can do for you!

Yeah you too man! :p I've got wind-up windows haha so I assume Glanza door cards won't fit? I'm gonna take it apart and just see if I can do that green bit it myself :D

Car looks smartt mate,

Feel the Diff with the rola mani??

Awesome little mod to the car lol

Thanks bro, yeah goes so much better top-end! Did you manage to find yourself a strut brace? The GT/Glanza one is a nice upgrade for next to nothing!

Good progress mate debadge the bonnet ;)

Thanks Sparky! Yeah I'm in two minds about it, I'll give it a go when I mesh the grille and see how it looks :p

And here's my guide on how to fit GT seats into an EP91 if anyone's wondering! Clicky!

• 3 months later...

**Update**

Just I'd thought I'd add a few little things to the thread :D

Sorry about the quality of the pics by the way, most of them are off my phone

I finally got my paws on some HIDs a few weeks ago, 8000K Bi-Xenons with slim ballasts..got them from HIDS-direct..really simple to fit..and haven't been flashed by anyone or pulled by coppers, the beam is tidy, though it would look even better through some clear lenses!

DSC02398.jpg

DSC02399.jpg

IMG00498-20090909-2002.jpg

This was quite a while back, but I forgot to add some pics, I painted the calipers silver..I reckon they look bigger/more noticeable without looking chavvy..they contrast nicely against the black rims too..

Before

IMG00311-20090709-1924.jpg

After

IMG00312-20090709-2137.jpg

IMG00315-20090709-2217.jpg

Picked up an Apiro filter together with reducer and metal inlet pipe for £15..bargain!

I've also got some cold air piping, but haven't had a chance to fiddle around with it yet, but even without the cold feed, it's certainly improved throttle response over the K&N Panel I had in before..goes a bit quicker top-end and sounds lovely!

IMG00524-20090923-1233.jpg

Yes I know, not the tidiest of engine bays lol..I did however paint the strut brace black (it was a faded blue before) and the exhaust manifold heat-shield silver, just to freshen it up a bit!

IMG00522-20090923-1232.jpg

Got these Aero-wipers off ebay for just £8, smartens up the front end a bit!

IMG00527-20090929-1752.jpg

And now for my most expensive update so far! lol

I recently bought the coveted Whiteline essentials, the Anti-Lift/Caster Kit and Rear Anti-Roll Bar!! :D

IMG00532-20091001-1619.jpg

I've only just got round to fitting the Anti-Lift Kit, bit during the process my uncle managed to shred the thread on one of the Front Anti-Roll bar links DOH! So I haven't been able to test it properly in the corners :D ..on the straights though, it definitely lifts a LOT less, and the steering is now direct and weighted! I've just got a new Front Anti-Roll Bar link from Toyota, so I'm hoping to get the Front ARB linked up within the next few days, I hate having to potter around roundabouts and corners..!

As for the Rear ARB, I'm hoping to get that done at the same time! Can't wait!!

And one final goody, bought some Paseo Dials from niteryder84 for just £20 delivered!

A few hours of fiddling and I got the mileage corrected and wired up, it's nice to finally have a rev-guage lol! :harhar:

IMG00572-20091019-1806.jpg

And in their new home!

02112009419.jpg

I thought I'd add pics of a few Starlets I saw up in Bradford a little while ago, phone pics so excuse the blurriness

My first time seeing Speedlines in the metal! And they're growing on me a lot!

IMG00512-20090921-1218.jpg

I lurve this Silver Quad! What wheels are those? :D

IMG00513-20090921-1220.jpg

IMG00372-20090809-2030.jpg

Bar the dodgy wheels, this GT looks pretty nice! Has it got an aftermarket kit on it or are they just the optional spats?

IMG00371-20090809-1545.jpg

Shame I didn't see any driving about, I still haven't experienced Turbo power lol

Fiinally here's a few random pics I took while we had sunny weather, she's not been looking this clean for a while! :)

DSC02410copy.jpg

DSC02444copy.jpg

DSC02405copy.jpg

I'm starting at my new job on Friday, I'm finally gonna have some cashflow! lol..so I can finally get round to sorting some things I've been meaning to for a while, namely getting my spoiler sprayed and fitted among other plans!

Comments welcome as usual, tell me what you think! :D