spec 2s vs ns-2r vs toyo t1r vs ?????

NS-2R Street compound. Ill be buying a set myself. Lots of good reviews.
T1-R are good but way over rated and are just a normal road tyre.

Cannot comment on Parada spec 2 although on my research travels regarding the NS-2R's i read quite a few comments on the Parada's being quite shit in the wet compared to the NS-2R. although even the NS-2R wont be as good in the wet as the average road tyre due to the semi slick design..

T1-R's wank

Spec2's - decent road tyre in the dry, rubbish in the wet.

NS2R's similar to an AD08 half way to a semi, a lot better than the previous two.

Are the t1rs that bad ?was gonna try them as I need two front tyres

I had use of a mates gt.. still completely standard engine wise bar exhaust and intercooler.. still standard boost and it it just understeered like mad with t1r's..

The NS-2R are a very good tyre. mate has them on an mx5 for track days and they are actually used as a control tyre in a few race series.
Brand snobbery will stop people who havent used them from agreeing...

I had use of a mates gt.. still completely standard engine wise bar exhaust and intercooler.. still standard boost and it it just understeered like mad with t1r's..

The NS-2R are a very good tyre. mate has them on an mx5 for track days and they are actually used as a control tyre in a few race series.

Brand snobbery will stop people who havent used them from agreeing...

ns2r what make is this and price ere in ireland richard ?

NS2R's are fine on starlets even the sidewalls are okay as the car isn't particularly heavy. Same when people say R888's go off quick, yes they go off quicker than an A048R but again, on a light car they are fine.

NS2R's are nankang's colin. About £55 a tyre. That said a 195/50/15 AD08 isn't much more.

Think you can buy R1Rs at similar money

Seriously knock a t1r as much as you want (they are infamously average) but both its big brothers R1R (wet semi) 888/r are fantastic tyres in a soft compound

Phil

Ive ran two of the above tyres paradas shocking replaced them with evergreen tyres before I needed to which I actually preferred, and t1rs not bad tyres at all a little noisy maybe of the two I prefered the toyos but I ran neither on the starlet

I had ns2r on my ep3. Decent on track once up to temp but wore very fast. Frankly dangerous cold in the wet

Have AD08R now and they are much much better in the wet and seem better in the dry. Haven't been on track yet to tell you how they perform there but my mate ran them last time and they were just as good probably better than the nankangs as they seemed to have a better window for prime operating temps

I'm not sure if they are still made but same weather and conditions as yourself Colin and nothing as good as a r1r in the wet/damp and I've tried a few

Fresh 888s aren't too bad in the damp but not suited for standing water

There is a kumho that a couple of the Porsche lads use as their wet tyre at the sprints v700 maybe?

Fella also uses a ad08 as his wet.

For dry pretty much everyone uses soft compound 888s or the maxsport rally style tyre

Phil