180bhp glanza compareable performance

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lol most Audis are lovely- just different to 90's jap cars that's all.

Im not comparing it to a 90's jap car lol.

IMO audi's are far from lovely. Actually they are about as boring and drab as a car can possibly get, actually the only way to buy a less interesting car is to buy a VW.

al those new cars are utter crap new cars drive you around there is fuck al feeling in them

old cars we drive around and get loads of feedback

studoc just not audi most of them german owned crap ( not porshe and merc they still have some reall drivers cars )

An A1 TFSI wouldn't be that quick mate, their 0-60 would be 7seconds+ which is more than it should be for a car of that size with that sort of power. Also these supercharged and turbo'd vag engines are horrible things to drive.

I think the DDG box in the A1 means they're pretty quick through the gears. Wouldn't mind having a go in one myself.

0-60 on them is 7 secs which isnt fast and thats best possible time.

Now an s1 thats a different kettle of fish. 2.0l turbo 4wd thats more like it.

Not bad, but a 4paw would have that round there easy, set of Toyo R1R ofcourse :p

Some interesting comments lol. I work for Audi and have driven all of the above as well as having an S1 for around 4 months.

S1 will shit on a lot of glanzas, even my 240 bhp glanza, id leave it in the S1 especially through some bends - better traction, turns into a corner better, brakes better even if you have willwoods/diff/rarb etc. Even in standard trim its on the back of a 400/400 evo. They're 231ps claimed but they run more. With a map they're 320 odd. Even a 4wd starlet with 240bhp wouldn't be able to keep up.

The 185 1.4T A1's are like someone has mentioned twin charged, they're not horrible engines to drive, but they do have a little torque steer. 0-60 is under 7 secs. My glanza at 170bhp couldn't get passed one. The S-tronic gearbox helps. Could hassle 996 C4S' in that thing round the lanes.

The 150PS Cylinder on Demand A1 i think feels quicker than a standard glanza too. Unfortunately times change, technology moves on a long way which is why imo its not worth me spending anymore money on my V.

Just for reference the A1 in the video is a limited edition LHD only, its not the same as an S1, the Quattro features the older 2.0T engine tuned to just over 250BHP. The new EA888 is less powerful on paper but produces more torque. Thats in the S1 and new TT etc.

al those new cars are utter crap new cars drive you around there is fuck al feeling in them

studoc just not audi most of them german owned crap ( not porshe and merc they still have some reall drivers cars )

Go and drive an S1 and try and tell me its not you driving it....

Edited by RobSR

Some interesting comments lol. I work for Audi and have driven all of the above as well as having an S1 for around 4 months.

S1 will shit on a lot of glanzas, even my 240 bhp glanza, id leave it in the S1 especially through some bends - better traction, turns into a corner better, brakes better even if you have willwoods/diff/rarb etc. Even in standard trim its on the back of a 400/400 evo. They're 231ps claimed but they run more. With a map they're 320 odd. Even a 4wd starlet with 240bhp wouldn't be able to keep up.

The 185 1.4T A1's are like someone has mentioned twin charged, they're not horrible engines to drive, but they do have a little torque steer. 0-60 is under 7 secs. My glanza at 170bhp couldn't get passed one. The S-tronic gearbox helps. Could hassle 996 C4S' in that thing round the lanes.

The 150PS Cylinder on Demand A1 i think feels quicker than a standard glanza too. Unfortunately times change, technology moves on a long way which is why imo its not worth me spending anymore money on my V.

Just for reference the A1 in the video is a limited edition LHD only, its not the same as an S1, the Quattro features the older 2.0T engine tuned to just over 250BHP. The new EA888 is less powerful on paper but produces more torque. Thats in the S1 and new TT etc.

Go and drive an S1 and try and tell me its not you driving it....

Nice insight mate, I actually clapped eyes on an S1 for the first time about 3-4 months ago if my memory serves me right and I was actually quite impressed to see it. Something far more interesting that the usual Audi offering. I'm glad you enjoy it.

Sorry mate but couldn't disagree more. I did see you commented on the thread we spoke about e92 BMW's, and I'm afraid most things old and japanese aren't even remotely in the same league. BMW isn't marketed as the ultimate driving machine for no reason. I'd have an e92 M3 over any old japanese car every single day of the week.

Also an M3 is widely known as a far better drivers car than a c63 amg so I dont know how you can say mercs have drivers cars and BM's don't. M3's are pretty much the bench mark in standard that any fast coupe has to aim for, theres a reason for that.

Yea c63's are dog, e92's are a very good car, the v8 is abit flat low down I thought, but I'd have one over the merc for sure. E46 m3 is still the best IMO.

S1 has gone back now but if I wasn't in the market for something bigger I'd buy one, put a map on it with a set of KW Clubsports and it would be ultimate.

I've got a mk5 golf gt tdi as my family car, it's fantastic and it's only the second non jap car i've owned. Not saying it sets my pants on fire but it does pretty well for what it is and far from boring. The other being a Clio 197 which was the best fwd car i've ever driven and would run rings around every other car i've owned apart from the gt4. Yeh it was made from tin foil and fag packets i will admit that but the handling and brakes were amazing for a stock car. At the end of the day i love my Starlet and 90% of old jap cars but having no eardrums left and possibly needing a new spine does wear thin after a while. But that's probably our fault as we love to modify things, left standard a lot of them are pretty civilised but slow by todays standards.

As for the hot Audis can people seriously say they're boring? So an RS3 is boring? I'm not going to go through them all but come on not all new cars German or otherwise are boring they're just different.

Edited by Pikey009

My 2p worth all my mates drive s3 mk5 gti etc so when I sold one of my civics I thought I'd try a mk5 gti and what a utter peice of boring understeering peice of shit it was nose heavy and had a massive slug of torque at 2k that made it feel like diesel it was fastish in a straight line and then I drove a 290bhp edition 30 to see if that was any better it was faster in a straight line and pulled harder probably due to the k04 but horrendously boring car to drive had no character no steering feel and the brakes felt over servod to fuck

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk