180bhp glanza compareable performance

I can assure you that you didn't even try driving it properly then lol, ep3's handle very well indeed and the independent rear end works very well. Yes they are only 197 bhp and not that fast but straight lines are for people that can't drive in my opinion. Have another go and try some good roads you will soon change your mind.

Starlets are fucking fast and around town they will decimate most things, on a track they are fucking awesome as well with the correct setup ahem Adamkaye when his gearbox can handle the power lol

I never mentioned comparing it to a starlet mate. I know handling wise they arent in the same league. I just meant all round i got very bored of my experience in a ep3 very fast the power seemed non existant and vtec just isnt for me.

As for twisty roads and when i drove it there it wasnt that long ago and tbh i owned my e92 at the time and at everypoint along the drive id have much rathered be in that.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ooops opened a right can of shit here haha didn't mean to offend any owners haha, I just got fed up of looking every glanza I seemed to come across was "running more boost" with no supporting mods or "cheap insurance 1.3 non turbo", I thought I found a decent one spoke to guy on the phone got there was a 18 year old lad turns out I'd been speaking to his dad he got in the car it was clap cold ragged it off up the road for 10 mins then brought it back and switched it straight of needless to say a walked away.

It's not the first one I been to look at, I've been on the hunt for 6 months now seen 4 all in one way or another not right.

And the whole bottom end thing does worry me but I'd looked past that.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It's finding one that has been enthusiast owned.

Keep an eye on here they come up for sale now and then.

RobSR has one for sale which is cheap as chips concidering the spec list.

You also get a lot of Hondas that have B-series engines and ragged to death but are still registered as a D14 or whatever. You'll get that in almost any car that is widely modified

It's finding one that has been enthusiast owned.

Keep an eye on here they come up for sale now and then.

RobSR has one for sale which is cheap as chips concidering the spec list.

You also get a lot of Hondas that have B-series engines and ragged to death but are still registered as a D14 or whatever. You'll get that in almost any car that is widely modified

Tbh I see a lot more Hondas being hooned around by dick heads with a bean can and an eBay air filter slapped on than I do starlets

I'm not slating I'd still love a glanza, don't think I'd want one enough to fresh import because for that money there's other cars I'd own instead.

All b series have been thrashed the living daylights out of them that's a fact your right but any b or d series engine is 10x stronger than a 4efte that's why I'm been so fussy I think because I know the engines are weak points.

And I also agree on getting an enthusiast owned one I had my first teg on 112k and it was a smoker and ate oil had 8 owners my second one had 240k all original never had head off and didn't use a drop had loads of history and been well looked after only 2 owners.

I'd say I have a decent budget considering I don't want a td04 car.

I raced a b18 eg in my 178bhp gt, just about had the legs on it, was well shocked how fast it was!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will of been a b18c probs mate, don't think that a b18c4 eg with a long ass s9b would keep up with a 178bhp gt

I don't understand why you think the engine is the weakpoint??

They are 20+ year old boosted engines most running original bearings and internals. Which is why they run bearings and need rings replacing.

they are put under more stress than an NA engine. So id say they are doing very well.

You do get ringland failure, caused by det from bad mapping/no mapping at all and bearings in turbo 5e`s because of low oil pressure issues.

Someone on here got a fresh import for about 1250 minus shipping

Rebuild the engine, new bearings, rings ect for roughly 250 pounds then it's as good as gold and will last another 20+ years if its well cared for.

As for ringlands going, get it mapped by a reputable tuner, not a shitty fcd and rrfpr and stay well away from Rev-limiters

At the end of the day the 4e is an 'economy' engine. They aren't partirculary well built and not really with performance in mind. However you can get pretty decent power out of them

what THE FUCK did you just say !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUDE the 4efte was THE most advanced turbo engine back in the 80s when it was designed

not wel build ? its there simplicity that makes them far superior to al its 80s counterparts peeeeps seem to forget this is an 1980s engine

it still outperfomes some of todays so caled new technology engines

I would be quite happy rolling in a standard glanza with a few visual mods I'd probably build up a forged engine on the side, like one of my civics I just ran stock and built up a high comp engine and dropped that in 6 months later, been in contact with a importer tonight may have something lined up hopefully !!

Stock 4e's with the right mods and a GOOD map will run 170-180 all day long. It's not usually enough for people nowadays as everyone wants more power and I've been there myself and come too far with other cars. I'm going for 140ish when I turbo the SR and I'll leave it at that :)

To be honest all 90's jap cars are clocking on now though - nothing like them and never will be again, all different in their own right and I try not to compare them as I love 90% of them

what THE FUCK did you just say !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUDE the 4efte was THE most advanced turbo engine back in the 80s when it was designed

not wel build ? its there simplicity that makes them far superior to al its 80s counterparts peeeeps seem to forget this is an 1980s engine

it still outperfomes some of todays so caled new technology engines

You're both right aren't you?

I thought the 4E engine was the economy engines, and the 4A the more aggressive road race engine?

And yeah it's nice to hear what I've been thinking about the engine. Although sold mainly in the nineties, it was still designed with 80's tech, I read that the ECU has something like 16K of memory to deal with. To put that in todays terms a SHITTY computer from PC World woulds have something like 4000000k of memory. And yet they have some really clever tricks up their sleeves.

I had someone asking me whos car would be faster, mine or his A1 TFSI 1.4 180bhp. I was like really? You're comparing an 80's technology car with todays, of course I said Starlet as they have the weight factor on their side.

Im not saying the 4e is a shit engine, just saying its not built with performance in mind and not exactly over engineered. Most engines can take a fair bit more than the standard power modern and old. People make good power put of the standard micra engines.

Going head to head with its modern competitors with what people want from a car these days it does out perform the 4e. Modern equivalent these days id say is a ford ecoboost, similar power, more refined, more mpg. Would i rather have a 4e, definetly but still

You're both right aren't you?

I thought the 4E engine was the economy engines, and the 4A the more aggressive road race engine?

And yeah it's nice to hear what I've been thinking about the engine. Although sold mainly in the nineties, it was still designed with 80's tech, I read that the ECU has something like 16K of memory to deal with. To put that in todays terms a SHITTY computer from PC World woulds have something like 4000000k of memory. And yet they have some really clever tricks up their sleeves.

I had someone asking me whos car would be faster, mine or his A1 TFSI 1.4 180bhp. I was like really? You're comparing an 80's technology car with todays, of course I said Starlet as they have the weight factor on their side.

now thats only because it is twin charged turbo and supercharged engine compare it then to a tdo4 starlet :)

They are deffo over engineered. You can almost double the standard 130bhp with a good map on td04

Yeh granted you can double the hp. But not sure thats down to over engineering.you can increase the horsepower on alot of engines with no real worries. Not many engines are built specificaly for the hp they are to make. Im not slating the engine at all. What im saying is the 4e isnt really a 'brilliant' engine.

They can just about handle double the power. Thats not all that great in the scheme of things.

Alot of other engines from boosted to hicomp can handle more than double stock figures with an oem engine. a stock 20v 4age with chocolate conrods can handle nearly double the power.

Then you can look at the 4agze, a stock one of them make 520wheel hp the other day from an engine that was 165hp thats nearly 4x the original output.

Obviously this all comes down to engine health, mapping and fuel used but you dont generally here of a stock 4efte pushing much more than 240-260hp which is less than double oem output.