CT9 on 4EFE Emanage Blue vs Dastek???

• 4 weeks later...

Quite a few places over the uk still do it, unforturely no where local to me in sussex does it now, still got mine here in box when got it of another member on here

Edited by patman

I think because they seem to be waved in front of our faces a lot and a lot of uk tuners sell them. Im sure there are better units so it's finding them and people who map them

Edited by Pikey009

Yeh there are profit margined on nearly everything id say. Without someone to fit and map a det3 over here it's a bit of a problem even if they are cheap and good. In the past I've had issues with tuning cars by getting parts from one place and getting work done somewhere else as there's too much finger pointing which is fair enough. This time I want to just use one company then there are no come backs.

From experience if you can. Spare you some more money.

Buy a good standalone. In the long run it will work out cheaper.

You will have much better control over what the car is doing along with limitless options at a later stage .

They aren't really rubbish or a waste of money. They do what they do pretty well, any piggyback is pretty limited. Yeh a standalone is better but for most people pointless and OTT for their setup. There isn't much competion for EMB until the ecumaster popped up.

They are flawed as cannot fully get away from the stand ecu. However mapped properly do well. Theres a guy who has over twice standard power on his 1l turbo car and does 24hr endurance races with no issues on a EMB

For me a stand alone is overkill as I'll be running a stock glanza set up on my SR looking for around 140ish. I had a motec m4 pro on the gt4 which was amazing but £1400.

Just looking into all he options so that when I'm ready I know what to go for. Just had a few friends with issues on EMB's at the min that's all

I'm not sure what problems other people have had with EMB's but I've had mine three years, first just mapped on my N/A and then when I turbo'd it I had it re-mapped. The first time Tunning Developements did it the second time Race-Tech. It runs a 178bhp and I've never had any issues with the EMB. I'm not saying everyone will have no issues. But mines been good and I don't feel was silly expensive.

Cheers mate that's good to hear that yours is all good as that's pretty much what I'm planning with mine. I'm not saying everyone's had bad experiences just it's been worrying me as I've heard a few cases lately. To be honest though if it's done by a well known company and the parts are purchased through them then at least you're guaranteed to get any issues solved.

The emb's have been tried and tested over and over again and proven very good as you can see from my build and alot of others people have pushed the 300hp mark with these but I do understand what Foggy is saying about the options route there are more capable ecu's out there. The ecu is only as good as the tuner makes it and the tune can only be as good as the parts you have imo