Is getting my turbo made into a hybrid worth it?

My turbo seals have gone so itll be being sent off to midland turbo to be rebult, im just wondering if its worth getting it made into a hybrid while its there?

Just wanting peoples opinions who have had a hybrid.

I wont be changing turbo so dont tell me to 'just td04 it'

Cheers!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stick with the CT9. For what it would cost to hybridize your turbo, you could sell your setup and spend the money on a TD04/TF035 setup.

I would agree with this tbh unless you plan on forging TD04 all day

TD04's can be run at reasonable boost on a non forged bottom end. One of the old members ran 275 on a standard bottom end and had no issues.

It's still a big risk unless your rich ha I made that mistake I didn't expect to go forge bought and refurbed myctdn now putting my ct9 on a forged engine would be a waste in many ways waste of potential

I knew this would end up as a bloody td04 discussion, I don't plan to change turbos I just want to hear from people who have ct9 hybrids

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's still a big risk unless your rich ha I made that mistake I didn't expect to go forge bought and refurbed myctdn now putting my ct9 on a forged engine would be a waste in many ways waste of potential

If set up and done properly, you shouldnt have any more issues than with a CT9/Hybrid

I'm running a Tongs ct9 mate. Trouble is I fitted it along with a Jam ecu, massive improvements but obviously the ecu helped lol

I'm sure you could pick up a freshly rebuilt hybrid for less than £350 though?

Only thing that's making me question keeping the set up is ct9 hybrids seem to destroy manifolds at a rate, even good ones! They get soooooo damn hot!

It's all Colin's fault he's always on here ready to kill off the ct9 race ha

so treu there fucking stupid turbos then peeps started making the compressor wheels bigger on them making them even worse

its not just having perfect afr ratios that count most on here dont even bother with the rest

There good for a nice basic set up not everyone wants 250++ there a tiny turbo that can push a fair punchy power but I do agree there are better set ups for the money and tech we have nowadays :)