Is getting my turbo made into a hybrid worth it?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think I'll just get a standard rebuild then, I do plan to get men and a map, but probably not for a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*emb

Not sure of the price difference between just reconditioning your CT9 and hybridising it...

...however, what I will say is this...

I run a K1. Much to the contrary of internet rubbish, its not a hybrid. HOWEVER, what I can tell you is that it is hilarious craic. Zero lag to speak of, power delivery is instant and it pulls all the way through the rev range.

If a hybrid CT9 behaves somewhere close to this, then my view is, smiles per mile will be HIGH!

As for the hot air concern mentioned above....again, my K1 was generating alot of heat in the engine bay. So to combat this, we fitted a Civic radiator and slimline fan, and the car already ran bonnet spacers. Still generates heat of course, but now there is some more open space in there as the stock radiator isn't hogging up a bunch of room.

£350 might be alot, I don't know, but it bolts straight on, no need for new manifolds etc, can run it around or just shy of a bar and have alot of fun. I run mine at ~0.95 bar and have zero complaints.

Hopefully that will have helped,

Phil.

I like hybrids . Great fun and a direct replacement.

I recon it would piss on what ever setup your running colin...

in your dreams it pisses over my setup you be pretty suprised how nippy and wide my powerband is / i have had ct9 hybrids i know what im talking about

in your dreams it pisses over my setup you be pretty suprised how nippy and wide my powerband is / i have had ct9 hybrids i know what im talking about

What are you running 2 ct9s and a blower along with mines ecu lol.

Colin put your money where your mouth is . We don't live too far away .

Let's face it. Your have never had a decent setup

^^^^ showing your age there young lad

my setups are great for stock engines i squeeze them for al they can give ( are you jealous about my little twins or something ?? )

and kid seems you never had a mines ecu ???? whats wrong with that mine handles 1.2bar of tdo4 so why map ??

and what is shit on my setup anyways ??? the diy turbo setups i do as experiments ?? the rest is of the shelve stuff

Edited by 5e colin

^^^^ showing your age there young lad

my setups are great for stock engines i squeeze them for al they can give ( are you jealous about my little twins or something ?? )

and kid seems you never had a mines ecu ???? whats wrong with that mine handles 1.2bar of tdo4 so why map ??

Jealous of your setups lol.

You said in my dreams I would out run you.

I'm asking you if you want to prove that?

Or are you gonna stay behind that keyboard talking about something you know clearly nothing about....

If you want to stick with ct9 then stick with ct9 mate on the road its far more useable than td04.

Been in a few td04s and been left far from impressed. Dont just jump on the bandwagon. Go for the set up you want and work away at improving it. Every little gain helps.

Or are you gonna stay behind that keyboard talking about something you know clearly nothing about....

Whats your set up mate?

If you want to stick with ct9 then stick with ct9 mate on the road its far more useable than td04.

Been in a few td04s and been left far from impressed. Dont just jump on the bandwagon. Go for the set up you want and work away at improving it. Every little gain helps.

Whats your set up mate?

In my gt it's a hybrid ct9 rebuilt by Midlands turbos

I'm deffo staying ct9 for now, even when I say don't tell me to td04 I still get just td04 for it ffs!

I haven't spent loads of money and time making the wepr kit fit to just sell it and get a different turbo lol

All I wanted to know is if it's worth getting a hybrid while it's being rebuilt anyway

What power you running foggy?

What sort of boost and power though have you ever had it dynod?

Tbh if its 200+ then colin has already lost.

Not had it dynod but it's super responsive . Lot of decent bolt on parts used with it.

In terms of power in or around 200.

I don't think colin has anything for me anyway even if I has 150bhp .

sure if you want would be good to see side by side ct9 hybrid / tfo35hm comparison

know nothing about ? ha ha i have bean doing this shit before many starleteers where even born on here i do know my shit

My gt's running 178bhp on the standard ct9, id like to know what a hybrid would make

My other gt also has a hybrid.

It made 178bhp at .9bar.

That's on a std airbox and very basic mods

I'm deffo staying ct9 for now, even when I say don't tell me to td04 I still get just td04 for it ffs!I haven't spent loads of money and time making the wepr kit fit to just sell it and get a different turbo lolAll I wanted to know is if it's worth getting a hybrid while it's being rebuilt anywayWhat power you running foggy? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People have tunnel vision and follow the crowd mate. Yes get it hybridised you will love it. Best move i ever made. Id spend 500 having a ct9 customised for extra 10hp before i would td04.

sure if you want would be good to see side by side ct9 hybrid / tfo35hm comparison

know nothing about ? ha ha i have bean doing this shit before many starleteers where even born on here i do know my shit

Ok old man.

When suits?

Wednesday is pension day so that might not suit you lol