Winter Project - Now Running TD04

cheers pal. That was my plan tbh bud, I'd rather have a go at trying to get it to work with the standard interior loom before pulling it out to fit a turbo one.

Keep up the good work bud, this thread is exciting. U looking at getting it on the rollers when the emanage is on?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah man hopefully the emanage we've brought has got a decent map on it and we can just chuck it on the dyno and tweak the fuel and air. If it runs like shit though we'll have to get it mapped, hoping for anything above 200bhp

Best of luck bud.

Been reading and looking at wiring diagrams and pin outs on the ep82 ecu. They very similar to the 91 na. I'm going to get an 82 ecu and engine loom and have a go at swapping it with leaving interior intact like you said.

Best of luck bud.

Been reading and looking at wiring diagrams and pin outs on the ep82 ecu. They very similar to the 91 na. I'm going to get an 82 ecu and engine loom and have a go at swapping it with leaving interior intact like you said.

Cheers mate fingers crossed it'll run sweet.

I've left you a post on your build thread with aload of useful info I've found.

Well Emanage is now fitted and......it runs like shit 🙁

It was all too good to be true. Doesn't idle really hesatent and pretty much undriveable. Double checked all the connections and they're fine so it must be the map.

Not all doom and gloom though it's now booked in for a map and rolling road session later on in the week, so at least we know it'll be safe and mapped propperly.

Come a long way and a lot of hours into this!

Keep up the good work.

Cheers fella, were really happy with how it's all come together.

Hopefully it's going for a mapping and rolling road session tomorrow so fingers crossed we'll get some decent results out of it, anything above 200 will be good.

I work for Toyota Mate, had to dig it out of storage! For every model pre 2000 these were auto issued and then they put all the info online. The books are so much better though.

Is it possible to send me some workshop manuals ?

F3CD9979-19D2-46D8-85F5-98B11FCC847D.jpg

And there it is....223.4bhp at 1.2bar!

Apprently the map already on the emanage had a password on so It got scrapped and started fresh. First runs were 108hp, 144hp, and 168hp and with everything looking good with no det we left it at 1.2bar and tweeked it from there.

We're over the moon with the result as we were aiming for anything over 200hp, We probably could have squeezed a bit more but that's safe and more than enough power on standard internals! The sound of the thing on boost now is crazy and very addictive!

We also got it weighed propperly on a digital scale and it's currently weighing 710kg so That's roughly 320bhp per tonne Overall it's been a good day!

Here's a couple of pics of it on the dyno

F00F59D4-CF62-473C-A320-B8CBC7A3A2E7.jpg

50D64028-799E-4A3A-BB9D-C8263C5473CC.jpg

I'll get some videos of it on a run over the next week and I'll put together a full spec list and prices when I get a chance. Now it's just a case of tidying up the wiring and inside and getting it ready for Pod on the 26th.

Edited by Budnbass

Haha loads better than you expected. What a sleeper!! I bet it feels so much better now

Power to weight puts it right up there. What's the maximum power you can run before forging?

Edited by SRdan

Cheers guys, it drives spot on now. You can cruise it round normally but when you put your foot down the thing just takes off!

I think the limit before forging is around 240, but you never know forging could be on the cards, depends if we blow it up 🙂

Scales accurate seems too light tbh

Whats standard weight, 840kg? It's now completely stripped, interior, sound deadening, electric windows, roof lining, the lot, the only thing in it is 1 seat and a stripped down dash...

Edited by Budnbass

The graph says 1.0-1.1 bar also..

Which is about right, at 1.2 bar you'd be nearer to 250bhp....

Also, there over 940kg standard (uk ep91)

So below 800kg is not possible without serious weight reduction.

Great result and I bet its a hoot to drive now!

Cheers mate, yeah it's great fun to drive now!

If the standard weight Is 940kgs then yeah they're scales must have been way out, there's no way we've lost that much! there's a few other places around I'll take it there and see what it comes up with. I'd hope for anywhere around the 850kg mark.

Our highest setting on the boost controller is set to 1.2 bar, it probably goes to just below that, I can't say I've noticed too busy keeping my eyes on the road, something might be slightly out.

Edited by Budnbass

Standard Glanza is 940kg, stock UK is 830kg, turbo kit (big cast catalyst), bigger alternator, bigger gearbox, thicker driveshafts, thicker radiator A/C......etc make up that extra weight on the glanza.

Edited by lukEp