did starlets double in price overnight?

That's my motor

It's in the breaking section on here too, shows how likely I am to find a buyer lol

Phil

That's Phils off here lol. There's a breaking thread too lol

What he said lol

Phil

Edited by Phil

mr gainzy i hope your engine bay is so clean i could eat a 3 course meal off it - cooked by you as part of the deal.

My cooking is terrible I'm a dissapointment in the kitchen. It's ok clean too many rare parts to get beans all over it... :p

Phil has this up for breaking on here already and I'm almost sure that's the way it will go. Shame as it's a proven hill climb/track Starlet and I'm sure a lot more has been spent building it.

Just do yourself a favour and keep it man☺

Edited by JamesD89

Know Browners V sold for about 10k.

Starlets are going up in price, have been for the past while.

Breaking is for sure the best way of getting your cash back.

That's the only road car I've heard of going for good money. I know Spuddy was a lot more than that plus a Subaru in exchange. hard to price really.

Anyways in a nut shell it's a low mileage shell, and even lower mileage engine/suspension and it's proven at the limit regularly.

If you came for a run and seen the abuse this thing takes and takes I genuinely believe you wouldn't dare let me take the keys to any other 300hp starlet for 10mins and expect to get it back in one piece.

And it isn't pot luck, it's trial and error, proper sized brakes and good balance is a start, then engine that can take the 7500+ every gear every time solid lifters etc and a cooling package to match.

But I do appreciate that this isn't the usual sort of thing - it's a class specific car built with regs so no Lairy spoilers or body kits allowed etc but it could be bought and run in any MSA Hillclimbs or sprint with maybe minor tweaks Due to local rulings. It's not just road legal it's classed by MSA as roadgoing.

Regarding the price - I'm aware that the market on here is mainly a parts market with few people likely to be interested in a complete car, it's been on pistonheads and Rms since the breaking thread has been up and I've contacted GordR on here specifically in the off chance as I know he uses his cars in a similar fashion.

I have had interest but I'd still not be surprised if I do have to break it.

Unless engine and turbo kit sell it'll be staying together until I get another crack at craigantlet for sure

Phil

no cheek intended, ive owned a few high hp starlets so i understand what goes into them. but yeah i guess breaking is the only way to get that kinda dosh back

No offence taken pal. I'm pretty sure I know the username right back since TGTT days, you've been around fast starlets for some time for sure, and everyone is entitled to their opinion. No harm no foul.

Phil

Gt starlets have gone up in price by the looks of things here in the south, a good one that is,a glanza can be picked up for a lot less, i see 2 gt's with for sale here over 5k one with td04 and no sign of management to run it properly(time bomb).

Know Browners V sold for about 10k.

Starlets are going up in price, have been for the past while.

Breaking is for sure the best way of getting your cash back.

I'm actually going to see my mate who owns this in 5mins lol I can tell you now you couldn't get all the parts for 10k BUT underneath the bonny pics it's not all what it seems! He's on doings things properly so to speak cough cough shaggy and scooby must of wired the ecu in lol you have to be sniffy crack minutes before paying what some people are asking for

You can still get rolling shells cheap, normally with a fair bit of stuff on them, a lot of parts are still cheap too. Although that means time and effort lol.

I'd have another glanza/gt in a heart beat but since the market for them has doubled since I brought mine I don't think they're worth it in stock form anyway!