dont let this ruin your love for your car though, i can see the time and effort you have put into this, do not let this waste of life destroy your hopes that you had for this. giving up gives them more of a victory. really sorry for you.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks man!

trust me i dont wana give up! the thought that keeps me keen on the car right now is the fact that the new wheels are goin in for refurb this weekend!!!! YEEHAAA!!! and im interested to see wot the glanza rear bumper looks like on it, although it wont look right til the quads come off.

Phil.

this is no help at all but we had our spoiler, bumper and skirts sprayed by my mums friend, he has a compressor and airgun etc and he done them for £50 and we buy our own paint.. cheap, i know it wont be 50 for your car being done and he probs cant repair the carat but hey.. if you see it cheaper, drive over and il have a word with him :D

no dude, todays quote from the guy who has done all my previous paint was £1500minimum, that excludes the glanza bumper and ducktail.

Phil.

ah shit dude thats a fair bit

Who you insured with man? when my starlet was written off they gave me the settlement and i got the car which was still road legal. just stating that if the worst comes to be and they do that then at least your not totally fudged, and (even though it ain't ideal, or good at all) you just gotta cough the difference.

but the more i look at this the more i really feel bad for you, its a beauty of a car and a shame that this happened cause some people got a chip on both sides of they neck and got no respect for other peoples stuff.

But i know what some people mean, to the scum over here its hard as concrete if you steal a wheel trim, but over there you ain hard without committing GBH

thanks again folks.

insurance is with Adrian flux, policy is with highway, they said i ccould salvage it if they wrote it off, but wot use is that! i'd be out the write-off money, have to reinsure the car all over again as a Cat D or whatever write-off and STILL need to repair it from my own pocket.

its actually cheaper to keep the insurance folk out of it. i dread to think wot they would even give me for a write-off, whatever book price is i guess, which is probably like....£500. i couldnt do anything with that!

rick and i are organising a back bumper that should be here early next week, until repairs the car will sit in my garage as I've been put off work and dont need to go anywhere else.

Thanks again everyone!

Phil.

Thats pisses me off and its not even my car, i know how you feel, not as bad as someone tried to steal my gt the other day hauled out the back quarter and buggered off when the alarm went, but this is taking the piss :p

Damn that is crazy! thse pictures just freaked me out, i can't imagine what it feels like to see that done to your car...

I hope everything is gonna be ok asap.

Good luck with all dude!