Markoos' JAM powered Glanza V

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they look pritty smart and i remember you saying that you was going to do it but for some strange reason your car looks highier than usual mate must just be me lol.

Thnaks man, still the same ride height but think its just because of the colour change, will be sitting lower if things go to plan

If your thinking of coilys don't bother. You will have no spine left on Manchester's crap roads :rolleyes:. For some reason your car does look higher now. Must be the colour of the wheels standing out more.

As for the wheels i reckon you should have painted the inside of the wheels as well. Would make them look a thousand times better bud :harhar:.

Bourkey

If your thinking of coilys don't bother. You will have no spine left on Manchester's crap roads :rolleyes: . For some reason your car does look higher now. Must be the colour of the wheels standing out more.

As for the wheels i reckon you should have painted the inside of the wheels as well. Would make them look a thousand times better bud :harhar: .

Bourkey

Coilovers? are you mad? lol nah im thinking about a set of koni shocks and springs! i like my spine where it is haha

yeah i wanted to keep the middle grey to be honest.

Mate that looks savage!

Gets my vote although i did think the gunmetal greys looked prety bad ass as well :D

Thanks matey! it did but always wanted white alloys as i was curious about how it would look and now im happy :p haha

Nah trust me they would look much better with the entire wheel white :rolleyes:. Do it...do it now.

Yeah that is a good combo. Changing the shocks makes such an improvement on the handling. The problem with the standard shocks is they aren't designed for lowering springs whereas sports shocks are :harhar:. Im loving my combo at the minute anyway so i would highly recommend it. Dub Se7en has the Koni shocks as well and you have seen how low his is.

Bourkey

i dno ill see how i feel when i next do the wheels again, myt do them again in a few months, dno hahaha

Yeah deffinately going to be koni shocks and springs, want it sitting nice and low on 16's woop!

Looking good markoos looks like a pretty good gofora first timer!!!! :D

Nitromoors...seriously. You bulb :D. That stuff is just too hardcore for wheels i reckon.

Bourkey

Why would it be too hardcore for alloy its designed for use on wood!!!! :D

cheers rob appreciate it mate!

nitromorse is good stuff for stripping the paint, did a really good job. if anything i had to apply another coat to get the majority of the paint off them :D

And yes it strings like a Mother! haha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yo man,

Cars looking fresh just had another look threw your thread :D

Got a quick question 4 u.

I remember reading somewhere that your headlights were a bit fogged with ages and u managed to clean them up and make them look all nice and clear again?

Cant remember where i read this so thought id just ask B)

HOW!?! :p

Some kind of special plastic polish maybe?

Thanks in advance mate :lol:

Yo man,

Cars looking fresh just had another look threw your thread :D

Got a quick question 4 u.

I remember reading somewhere that your headlights were a bit fogged with ages and u managed to clean them up and make them look all nice and clear again?

Cant remember where i read this so thought id just ask B)

HOW!?! :p

Some kind of special plastic polish maybe?

Thanks in advance mate :lol:

Meguiars PlastX does a good job JAG, if you have access to a rotary/orbital/DA polisher you can get even better results.

I have a DA and would quite happily do it for you at Medstone but I wouldn't have anywhere to plug it in.

(Sorry for going off-topic!)

hey man sorry about not replying for a bit been very busy.

all i did was was and dry the car and then used maguires canubar wax and then polish and they came up a dream, 5 minute job!

• 4 weeks later...

bit of an update guys.

My shitty autobahn manifold has cracked again so i have decided to get a decent manifld instead of welding this shite one again.

Courtesy of sps dane i now have ready to fit on saturday a lovely JAM cast manifold vertually guaranteed not to crack as im sure Dub can vouch for.

i'm thinking about the mid duck spoiler what do you all think?

well ill be posting up pics shortly of all the changes im doing shortly and keep you all updated!

well been hard at work all day and just have a few bolts left to fit now and then all the intercooler pipes back on and the car should be running better than ever.

when i took my rubbish autobahn mani off i found out how shit it actually was and how much it was actually leeking/blowing as per the state of the gasket below lol

New Jam cast manifold:

DSC00235.jpg

DSC00239.jpg

Why i will never buy cheap again:

DSC00240.jpg

Blowing much?

DSC00244.jpg

old gasket:

DSC00245.jpg

my mate hoovering all the seelant flakes from aroud the turbo lol

DSC00246.jpg

well guys ill be posting a few more pics up tomorrow but i would just like to say never buy cheap performance parts because 9 times out of ten like ive found out, they are cheap for a reason lol

All comments are welcome guys! :)

can't got wrong with JAM mani mate :)

tip, re-fit the original manifold heatshield, it'll make a good difference to underbonnet temps. if you don't have one, get another from toyota, it's worth it :)

kool man thanks for the advise! u know the part number by any chance? and also how do i get it as shiney as yours? lol

cheers