nice updates buddy, but i mist say, get a new bumper soon if your gonna be putting the lip on, it looks so much better with the lip

Cheers mate, Yeh the lip makes a massive difference to the look of the car! They're a bitch to get hold of though! When I get paid at the end of this month I'll get something on the go for sure. I may end up keeping my 96 bumper instead of trying something else unless I can get hold of a 98 spec bumper and lip, that may make a nice change!

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have you muffed your current front lip?

usually a pretty easy fix - if its cracked, use some fibreglass on the inside and filler on the out, sorted :p

Heres one half (or third to be specific). This is the half that took the hit, the other half is tantalisingly fine. I even put it back on the car and it looked as it did before, only one third was missing lol.

DSC01044.jpg

Try fixing that with some fibreglass and some polish! :p

I know someone who can get moulds made for about £130 which seems like my best bet, finding a second hand one for sale isn't easy.

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I'd post a lil update. I attended a rolling road day courtesy of the SJCC forum (Somerset Jap Car Club). I thought even though I was back on the standard ecu limited to 0.8 bar, I might as well do a health check on the car, make sure its making decent power, it certainly felt like it should be!

So here's the RR + A/F graph. Its a laminated photo so the glare is a bit of a pain but I didn't get an electronic copy at the time.

It put out 145 bhp and 139 lbs/ft at the wheels, which equates to 172 bhp and 165 lbs/ft at the fly. Not bad at 12 psi just below fuel cut. :) Overall I am happy with it and am confident that with the right management and higher boost (15-16psi) I will attain close to or perhaps over 200. In good time :p

DSC01055.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

Yep, hope so mate! I'm just debating how far I can take the boost on the standard engine at the moment, trying to decided between 1 (14.5psi) and 1.1 bar (16psi). The turbo is designed to be run at 1.1 consistently, I guess as long as the fueling is sufficient I shouldnt have any problems. I've seen people run over 200 bhp on the standard 4e with no problems, but I am told its less a case of the power output but more a case of boost levels, when engine tolerances are concerned. Whats your opinion mate?

Cheers bud, the reason you might be hitting cut is down to boost creep. I have a hybrid turbo with ported wastegate which eliminates creep entirely, so I recommend one very much! I reckon an emanage will work a treat and give you a good gain with the right tuner, but you cant beat a standalone like an Apex-i or Fcon Pro ecu, they are the real deal if you have the cash to splash!

Cheers for the info on that thing in gloucester :blink: Really hope I've caught it in time!

Bride Reclining Bucket Seat with ep91 Rail for £20? Errrr....Yes Please! :blink::blink::lol:

Thanks SooperD for the "tip off", you the man. :p

DSC01057.jpg

DSC01056.jpg

If I had spent £500 on this I would still be pleased, it holds you in confortably and makes you feel much more connected to the car.

The guys at that garage nice as they were, were a little clueless about the value of the bits in those cars! Could'nt believe my luck that it was still there :p

oh Pav... tut tut tut on the lip :blink:

you should give me a shout next time your in Taunton bud, would be good to meet a member off here, and also give me a chance to practise some photography :blink:

Yeh defo mate, I may well be down for christmas sometime so I'll give you a Pm :lol:

yeh drop me a line bud, thats when i get a few weeks off of the old school so tis all gravy :blink:

Bit of 1001 cleaner stuff would do that seat a world of good i would think.. or some kinda top product for car seats

yeh drop me a line bud, thats when i get a few weeks off of the old school so tis all gravy :blink:

Bit of 1001 cleaner stuff would do that seat a world of good i would think.. or some kinda top product for car seats

cool, looks like I'll be coming down on the 22nd and staying till boxing day so I'm sure we can meet up before christmas day :blink:

The seat may look a bit dirty but its not too bad, the colour of the bride strips are supposed to change colour but I'll get some decent cleaner on there defo, I didnt know what 1001 was untill I googled it, looks good! lol

lol, ask and you shall receive! I was suprised no one had snapped it up before me as it was mentioned on Soops thread :blink: He got a load of pms from peeps but I got in there first apparently. A lad was supposed to be picking it up yesterday but failed to show up, his loss I guess lol.

They've got come nice glanzas up there, one has a spanking white Hrf front bumper, looks mad! I asked them about splitting a few bits and bobs but they didnt seem too keen tbh, I'm suprised they didnt realise what a mistake they were making by swapping two bride seats for standards lol, most glanza buyers will be attracted by such performance parts imo.

I'll pm you the link to there site, looks like they get fresh glanzas in fairly often, so there could be more goodies to be had defo. :blink: You'll notice a lad on this forum bought a nice glanza from them (K26 with cusco blue roll cage and some interesting body bits)

Well those 3 glanzas they got there have been there since i was looking for a car all those months ago :blink:. altho they do look nice, especially the white 1. Lightwieght Front bumper and bonnet.

Glad your happy Pav mate :blink:

Good stuff

leaving black looks good for now... but then again, in silver would look nice too :/

damnit, why wasnt it scuffed and ugly so you wouldnt have to choose? :blink:

then again, what you did to the previous lip.. will it be long? :D

leaving black looks good for now... but then again, in silver would look nice too :/

damnit, why wasnt it scuffed and ugly so you wouldnt have to choose? :blink:

then again, what you did to the previous lip.. will it be long? :D

It's already scuffed and no it probably wont be long! lol

I've already have scuffage problems with it on speedbumps etc as I installed the coilovers after I took the first splitter out. :D