• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good stuff, i have the same seat.........the office chair that is, not the bride.

told you the splitter will hide most of the cutting for the fmic, i would spray the new splitter though.

keep up the good work

Cheers man, its all coming together finally :blink:

Yeh you were right about the splitter, much happier with my new one as its plastic rather than fibreglass.

Thanks so much for the info on the fitting, that helped loads. Credit went to you on my review of it on tgtt in danes feedback. :D

hehe, Blitz Access Ecu mapped for a K1 on the way! Should be here next week :blink:

Will see how it goes at 1 to 1.1 bar, I will get it RR'd to check the afr and power output shortly after. Do you think this is a safe boost target? The turbo is designed to run 1.1 bar consistently. What do you reckon mate?

Yeh will do man, I hope this one lasts!

I've heard mixed opinions on running 1.1 bar. I think when its on the rollers I'll see how much extra power can be had out of the extra .1 bar, will help me decide whether its worth the risk!

Hmm.. decisions huh pav ? .. ive reverted back to stock hi/lo mode as it stops me getting fuel cut buy boy do u feel the difference in 1st and 2nd.. its like a slug ;) .. how much .bar does it take off ? I deffo think .1bar should make a difference tho.. DOOO IT ! :D

Feel the power !

lol, Yeh I cant wait to get back to a bar. I just hope this Blitz Ecu runs well. My last Ecu was a Jam racing one, and didnt run as well as it should have, I think this was because at the time I had a topmount which was getting very hot! (Topmounts often become inefficient past 13psi on a ct9).

The stock solenoid restricts boost to .4 bar in 1st, .5 in 2nd and .6 (full) in 3rd onwards as far as I can remember. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Another problem I have at the moment is my boost controller. Its a dawes device (which is supposed to be superior to a bleed valve). However the boost is far from stable and adjusting it is a bit of a nightmare, not impressed at all. I desperately need an electronic one that can hold a stable boost curve without fail. Maybe something to look at after christmas!

I received this package in the mail today, the Nokia N73. This should see me closer to 200bhp than I've ever been.

DSC01064.jpg

Not really. this is what was inside! :(

DSC01065.jpg

I'm still running it in so havent had a chance to give it a full verdict, but first impressions are Oh My God!

Will update later :thumbsup:

Cheers man, despite what people have said about these ecus I think this one was well worth the money. Obviously a mapped up standalone might eek a bit more out of it, that might be something to consider in the future, but for now the blitz seems more than capable. The standard ecu felt a bit all over the place with all the mods on, now it pulls consistently, uniformally and very hard! It feels like an animal now tbh.

Now the fmic's installed the car has everything needed to theoritically reach 200bhp. Only time will tell how good the ecu is though as I'll be getting it on the rollers very soon for a health and power check.

Quick is my middle name :thumbsup:

Should be in the 200hp club now mate :(

I hope so mate, at the end of the day figures are figures, but it would be nice to feel I've reached that mark. However if I don't, I will not be displeased! Its feels savage now :harhar:

I really quite like it with the black splitter, makes it look very mean.

You should easily make over 200bhp with the boost up'ed a bit. Do you know what the access was mapped for? I'd assume its probably a K1 so the fuelling should be pretty spot on with your setup.

I really quite like it with the black splitter, makes it look very mean.

You should easily make over 200bhp with the boost up'ed a bit. Do you know what the access was mapped for? I'd assume its probably a K1 so the fuelling should be pretty spot on with your setup.

Thanks, a lot of people seem to like it in black.

It is indeed mapped for a K1 which is lucky (Stage 1 Blitz map). I am told there are 3 main blitz maps for different turbo setups, the other two being a K24 and TD04/5 I presume?

I've wound it up to 14.5-15psi, sometimes it spools to 15.5 psi then settles (15.9 psi=1.1 bar). I'm happy to let it nudge 1.1 but I dont really want it creeping over that. My manual boost controller really is pretty shite as you can probably tell! I'd love the E-01 like yours wallace, whats your impression of it?

The e-01 is really good, there's so many features though that I've still not used it to its full potential yet. It holds boost nicely but I still have a bit of creep due to the mods I have and not having a ported wastegate on the turbo.

When I eventually upgrade the turbo I'll be giving the e-01 a good play with to see what it can do.:thumbsup:

Yeh man, a hybrid is a great investment if you want to stop that creep.

The E-01 just looks mint, so many features and adjustments you can make from what I've read, plus I love how its another big fancy gauge, makes the it feel more like you're driving a machine of purpose than just a car. :thumbsup: