Looks bad ass mate!!

Mine is a tad lower on the front but the back of my car is quite high, tried adjusting it but the one nut on the coily was seized, I so want it as low as yours on the back :lol:

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ill vouch for that its not all bout looks, i couldnt deal with how hard coillies are on standard roads anymore

Totally agree with you there mate. Yes it looks sweet having it nice and low. But the ride has suffered badly, they werent exactly soft before! I thought the roads in Bristol werent too bad untill I put these on. Now you notice how shite british roads really are! :lol:

I'll give it some thought but I may just go back to my standard shocks and Trd springs and get some whiteline anti roll/lift products on the go. I've heard these make such a difference without sacrificing the ride quality. :lol:

Having said this, these cuscos are simply insane round corners, it reminds me of was my mates caterham seven, sticks to the bends no matter what!

Looks bad ass mate!!

Mine is a tad lower on the front but the back of my car is quite high, tried adjusting it but the one nut on the coily was seized, I so want it as low as yours on the back :lol:

Yeh man, I do like the look of a low motor. Not sure If I can live with the impracticalities though!

Yours looks so smart mate, what coilys are you using? Such a shame about the seized rears would look a beast with the rear down too, I was worried about that on mine but they adjusted straight away, didnt even need any lubricant lol I think Cuscos are fully stainless which stops the rust, plus mine look like they've only been used for a few thousand miles. :lol:

yea thats what i did mante went from d2s to shocks and springs, you wouldnt believe how much difference the rear arb makes, its insane

I hear that, thing is I only have standard shocks which feel a bit knackered now. Tell me if I'm wrong but uprating the shocks can cost about as much as buying a set of second hand coilys, thats beside the point though.

Its a tricky decision to make. Keep the coilovers, having it look nice and handle like a go-kart while putting up with the Bristol roads, Or, sell up and go for a slightly more sedate approach, addressing the chassis shortfalls and keeping the ride. hmm.

whats boost creep? Ive read on wiki about it, is that possibly my issue posted here:

http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index....showtopic=15443

Boost creep is when your turbos wastegate cannot expell the excess air and boost rises up beyond your target pressure. This is often triggered by increasing the airflow in and out of the turbo (i.e adding a decat or airfiler straight from the turbo).

Creep is often noticable as the revs get higher due to the nature of turbo spool and engine speed. to properly fix it you need to either remove the turbo and have the wastegate ported to allow the excess air to escape, or invest in a new manifold with an External wastegate installed instead of the one on the turbo.

Hope that helps. :lol:

EDIT: Just read your thread, sounds not like boost creep but a slipping clutch like others have mentioned. What engine mods are you running? If you are running higher power than stock, it may be getting the better of your clutch!

Looking good mate, nice progress. The carwas looking very evil with the splitter still attached, shame it got damaged.

How have you got the cusco's set? Mine are pretty stiff but their fine to live with, the only problem is they get a bit too bouncy and don't have enough travel when going quick down bumpy b roads, I feel the same that I'd like to try some koni shocks but they're bloody expensive.

I'm gonna try getting mine set up professionally and maing sure the springs have no preload on them then see how they are.

Cheers man, yeh I almost cry every time I see my splitter in the shed ruined :lol:

Basically, theyre set up as the fronts on level 1 (softest) damping which might be causing a lot of bounce. The rears are on 2 now, apparently using a higher damping setting stops them from bouncing so much which might be causing the bumpy ride.

The way I've lowered mine isnt ideal either, I have lowered the two locking platforms so that theres no preload on the spring (I think), but the shock is now being run in, even when the car is stationary if you see what I mean. This proabably is putting some sort of pre load on the shock perhaps? Again like you, I really need to get a pro to set it all up. I just dont know anyone adept with this sort of thing! If only Dave Burwash or Toby lived closer I'd probably go to them. Otherwise I have no idea. Top quality coilovers though!

How are yours set up in terms of ride height (did you lower it using the bottom hub section?) and damping levels?

Cheers,

Alex

Got me thinking, any chance of a little ride in this if I do end up buying them ? :lol:

Yeh sure man, no problem at all. :lol: I need to get my tracking done first. Thinking of going today but I don't really look forward to spending £40 on having it setup, only to sell the coilovers and have to have it re done again! :lol:

Do you think the tracking could have a significant adverse effect on the ride?

Tracking wouldnt make a difference to the ride quality just it may steer in a certain direction on its own

Just had mine done but it pulls to the left :lol: Going to check the tyre pressures if not I will go mad!!

Cheers mate :lol:

Itwas ages ago I fitted mine but they should be set at no preload I think, I used the bottom bit to adjust the height and just pretty much guessed it and got it at the height I wanted first time.

I've got the fronts on 2 and the rears on 1 for the damping, my front tyres also scrub over big bumps and my exhaust has been squashed from hitting the rear axle! So I was probably going to raise mine 10 mm all round plus the tyres scrub worse with my Rays on.

Here's how mine sits:

CIMG1124.jpg

Tracking wouldnt make a difference to the ride quality just it may steer in a certain direction on its own

Just had mine done but it pulls to the left :lol: Going to check the tyre pressures if not I will go mad!!

Cheers mate :lol:

hmm, mines always pulled slighty to the left, have you got an adjustable panhard rod?

Itwas ages ago I fitted mine but they should be set at no preload I think, I used the bottom bit to adjust the height and just pretty much guessed it and got it at the height I wanted first time.

I've got the fronts on 2 and the rears on 1 for the damping, my front tyres also scrub over big bumps and my exhaust has been squashed from hitting the rear axle! So I was probably going to raise mine 10 mm all round plus the tyres scrub worse with my Rays on.

Here's how mine sits:

CIMG1124.jpg

hmm, sits similar to mine, maybe a bit higher. I think I'll get mine tracked and up the damping levels later today, see how things go!

Boost creep is when your turbos wastegate cannot expell the excess air and boost rises up beyond your target pressure. This is often triggered by increasing the airflow in and out of the turbo (i.e adding a decat or airfiler straight from the turbo).

Creep is often noticable as the revs get higher due to the nature of turbo spool and engine speed. to properly fix it you need to either remove the turbo and have the wastegate ported to allow the excess air to escape, or invest in a new manifold with an External wastegate installed instead of the one on the turbo.

Hope that helps. :lol:

EDIT: Just read your thread, sounds not like boost creep but a slipping clutch like others have mentioned. What engine mods are you running? If you are running higher power than stock, it may be getting the better of your clutch!

cheers buddy. Erm, dump valve, induction kit, NRG sparks, uprated ignition leads and HKS exhaust system. Thats it really.

cheers buddy. Erm, dump valve, induction kit, NRG sparks, uprated ignition leads and HKS exhaust system. Thats it really.

Sounds like your clutch is getting old and worn out so its starting to slip, thats my best guess buddy.

thanks again, what clutch would you recommend, that glanzas sitting about 140-45 brake, daily use.

dave burwash has a group buy on excedy clutched on tgtt, excedy paddle clutch for £295 + £12 delivery, sounds good to me

dave burwash has a group buy on excedy clutched on tgtt, excedy paddle clutch for £295 + £12 delivery, sounds good to me

Sounds very overkill when he's only running 145bhp! dootmanut you should open your own thread asking for advice instead of in Pav's thread.:p

Sounds very overkill when he's only running 145bhp! dootmanut you should open your own thread asking for advice instead of in Pav's thread. :p

lol, Cheers Wallace, I almost forgot this was my car thread!