The new sensible family car

The rules from the wife were simple...it had to have 5 doors, it had to be safe and had to be reliable.

I think next time she'll think of a few more rules like 'mpg' and 'less than 200hp' when we look at family cars :D

P1060544.jpg

P1060547.jpg

P1060550.jpg

P1060551.jpg

I know these aren't to everyone's taste (mainly because they've never driven one) but I've fancied one of these since the 2002 motor show in Birmingham. Picked it up today at a cost of 10k. Not bad for a 1 owner, full history car with 59k on the clock in indigo blue (only 59 made). So far it's rather good fun with the ESP in the wet, feeling the car kick out at a roundabout, ESP trying to save it, kicking it out again...I hasten to add that Maya is NOT in the car when I do this :D

Very good choice mate. We have a regular customer at work who has a red one of those with a few little tweeks done to it, and that certainly shifts.

You leaving this standard or are you gonna have a little play??

Shame it's a VW! Sounds nice but i really don't like the VAG cars reliability! It's really not as good as folk think!!!

Personally i woulda had a nice Toyota caldina or mitsubishi legnum VR4 estate at less than 1/3 of the costs!!!

The main thing is you guys like it and all the best with it. :D

Some better pics, trying to show the colour..

P1060599.jpg

P1060601.jpg

P1060606.jpg

See...it also has good mpg. I managed 32.4mpg on the motorway on the way home from the garage...when you floor it though it goes into minus numbers.

Plan is to leave it standard, enjoy it..maybe some rims at some point, BDC CDA...Miltek, remap :D

Amazing cars at a Ridiculous price!!! £10k for a car that would of cost at least £22k when new! Sound mint with just an exhaust, A non resonated Remus system would go very very well with this!!!

And yes i do :D VW's although i was expecting to see a Caldin to be honest!!!

Yup I've liked these for a long time too, very understated package.

Ofcourse I still have the matt black GT...and the Jag (which the wife now has as the Glanza went). The GT is taking a back seat at the moment as it needs about 800 quid of fueling and mapping doing and at the moment, with the shit weather...I just can't be arsed :D

It's funny but Scenics/Caldins/Zafira/Spaz Bus etc etc I would NEVER buy...because they're utter shite and are sold by praying on a new families worry that they need safe/practical/room and all that crap. The r32 has all of that plus I can take it round the 'ring when I drop the family off in Holland.

Merel (wife) shares my views happily on the people carrier thing. I think it's the saddest thing in the world when you see adverts for awesome much loved cars that are being sold 'baby forces sale' I just think why??