• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Guys i think in line with the number plate is the answer. :lol:

Have had only one person say above the bar!

Im dying to get this built now, won't have much money over christmas so i am just going to have to try and concentrate on freelance work and selling dial kits so i can get a little more money for the new year when im back on this fully.

Every morning on my way to work now there is a guy in a Ford Focus RS that pisses me off every day, drives like a nutter and is always up my arse until i move out of the way and then he continues to piss me off. Keep thinking to myself 'just you wait!!!!!!' he may be pissing me off but he is also making me crack on with this as much as possible so not all bad. Im going to destroy him when this is on the road :lol::lol:

Thanks Guys i think in line with the number plate is the answer. :lol:

Every morning on my way to work now there is a guy in a Ford Focus RS that pisses me off every day, drives like a nutter and is always up my arse until i move out of the way and then he continues to piss me off. Keep thinking to myself 'just you wait!!!!!!' he may be pissing me off but he is also making me crack on with this as much as possible so not all bad. Im going to destroy him when this is on the road :lol::lol:

you'll piss him mate i beat a few focus rs' in mine and its still on a ct9 so the buggy will do him in reverse haha

this is a deathwish!!! lol

got any rough figures for us mate?

Will roughly be 550kg although im looking to get that down bellow 500kg after its road legal and roughly 220bhp is what im aiming for :lol:

Well it just must be me then :lol:

Might just be because im soooooo keen to get it done that it feels like its going slow. You guys will know if its going slow/fast!

thats cause your not welcome in here :) haha

andjase thats well over 400bhp/ton power to weight haha INSANE cant wait for my ride :)

Im aiming for 500kg and 250bhp just so its a nice even 500 bhp/ton but i think i will never make it to be honest, i think 220bhp should do me just fine!!!!!! :thumbsup::)

*** Update time ***

Well i got up to JDModified again and got straight on with it :p

James managed to get the old shock mounts removed from the front of the buggy during the week which means that things went alot easier today.

The goal of the day today was to at least get the front done and the buggy back to a rolling chassis as it has been chocked at the front for the last week or so.

Started by test fitting the coilovers to see if they would actually fit and they looked like a good fit.

15859_349508350472_587840472_9863603_576709_n.jpg

15859_349508355472_587840472_9863604_7820120_n.jpg

I decided to ditch the brackets i had for the front as it would have been a bit more work and wouldn't have worked out as good as it could. I decided to use some small bits of steel angle that meant the coilovers would sit perfectly in line with the upper mounts. As the upper mounts are slightly different and one leans forward and one leans back it made sense for both the struts to have their own bracket.

Got them tacked in place and they looked like this.

15859_349508360472_587840472_9863605_3250093_n.jpg

15859_349508365472_587840472_9863606_786441_n.jpg

As you can see they don't line up with one another but they line up perfectly with the upper mounts and are central to the car so are in the correct place.

Then finished off the welding and finally after lots of faffing about now have the coilovers on the car!!!! Yay, and i think they look great. Will look good when the buggy is sprayed green as the red springs will look pretty cool.

15859_349508375472_587840472_9863607_4859273_n.jpg

15859_349508380472_587840472_9863608_566166_n.jpg

15859_349508385472_587840472_9863609_2598162_n.jpg

Looks loads better i think and although i doubt it will make much difference with the front end being as light as it is anyway but made sense to do things correctly first time round. If it helps with the handling one little bit then its been worth it in my opinion.

Also in the picture above you will see the 2nd version of the rear light clusters that will now include the reverse lights in them. The rear fog will still be kept seperate and will be placed under the number plate on its own.

I also started to look very carefully at the seating position and the steering wheel position which to be honest is cack! Got the drivers side floor removed as we are going to weld in a proper frmae for the seats as we both feel that just bolting them to the chequer plate floor just isn't good enough. Seats will be fixed in a position that is comfortable for me, which is pretty much right the way back anyway :D

I cleaned up the rear roll bar a bit also as the adjustable spoiler will shortly be welded in place :p

That was it for the day, doesn't look like much but alot of things have been sorted and i have taken a few bits away that will be getting worked on over the next few weeks and then im back on with it.

I also have a couple of days holiday left and will be taking these at the beggining of december to spend thursday/friday/saturday getting on with the buggy. Plan is to get the seating in its correct place and the pedals chopped and modified. Also planning on cutting off the steering wheel mounts and dropping them down and moving them over to line up with the driver. They just don't seem to be in the correct position and im not happy with them so it needs to be addressed.

Thats it for now folks, comments always welcome.

Thanks for looking, sorry about the essay! :D

Jason

awesome jase made some real progress this weekend nice to see things back in full gear lol and this aint an insult by the way but the front end of the buggy especially them front lights really remend me of that kids tv show when i was little BRUM haha awesome

awesome jase made some real progress this weekend nice to see things back in full gear lol and this aint an insult by the way but the front end of the buggy especially them front lights really remend me of that kids tv show when i was little BRUM haha awesome

Some one else i know said it looked like Brum as well. was not happy so i slapped the bitch! Don't like her anyway :p:p Have had a few people say that now, maybe Brum on steroids!?!?!?

It will be ok when i get a nosecone made up i guess and i have been thinking about changing the front lights anyway but i don't know what too? Im pretty much restricted to what i can put on the front so not too sure what to do???

And yes im fully motivated now, it was good to have a full day at it yesterday and actually achieve something. Really made a difference and i really can't wait to get this moved further along.

Im currently just finishing up the cad work for the rear light clusters and i will be sending them off on monday to be made up.

Jason :D

that has soooo got to go in your sig or thread title somewhere lmao thats an awesome nickname lmao

Ok i will update it now! LOL :p

Maybe i should make the bodywork look like Brum???? people will be thinking it will be slow then :p

oh.....my....god I've just pissed myself looking at that sub title haha awesome mate and no you cant make it look like brum lol, a bright green brum maybe haha

Glad you like it mate :D:p:D I have had a look at some pics of Brum and i don't think it will work out anyway :p

oh.....my....god I've just pissed myself looking at that sub title haha awesome mate and no you cant make it look like brum lol, a bright green brum maybe haha

:p

I did the same when I seen it!! Quality :p