My Forged 5e 4wd Ep85 - anyone after an ep85??

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Seen the car in Banzai, great write up on it, well done lad!!

cheers John! would have been better if they waited until the car is finished though. if it ever will be.

we want graphs !!!

haha me too dude! ive been waiting months for this 4wd dyno to be built and its just not getting done! the rollers are at an enginering company where they have sat for months! they are suposed to be machining the grooves into them. they said it would be done in march!

ive done a few bits over the past couple of months:

-fitted oem aero rear spats

-fitted GT spoiler, getting the stock one off was a bit of a mission

-made up my braided lines for the hks fuel rail

-got some different injectors

-got a cusco catch can to fit

ive clocked up over 1000 miles now so i guess its ran in. im running just over a bar of boost and its going really well. i will be changing the mineral oil for some fuchs 10w50 very soon ive already got it and some k&n oil filters for it also.

Guest Enzo

vids! or GTFO :)

now its up and running and more importantly run in, i dont mind making a treck to you or if your up for a wee cruise one fri/sat night in one of the central citys let me know bro.

want to get some vids of this 85 in action to spread the 4paw way :)

yeah no probs mate. i still havent had a wheel alignment done since i put the meisters, track rod ends, and bottom ball joints on so i could do with getting that sorted out. have you built your 5e yet? so much better than a 4e. im spooling the vf35 faster than a td04 on a 4e.

i keep meaning to get my mate to take some vids as ive got a hd video cam. but stuff keeps coming up.

• 2 months later...

i had this out for a few 1/4 miles on saturday. full interior 3/4 tank of fuel still not got the geometry setup and i managed a 13.49

IMAG0065.jpg

heres a little vid of another run, i messed the launch right up as i shit my self when it blew the black crap out the back haha.

th_IMG_0488.jpg

still not got it mapped as the dyno still hasnt been built. doing my head in now. ive even gone and found somewhere else to machnine them for him lol.

• 3 weeks later...
Massive win, haha. Wish i was this far with my 85!

Now i gonna be thinkin more to get my new engine in the 85 instead of the 82 :)

Once i won from a good competitor from the american category. Did you win?

no i messed the launch but he only won by about a car length. Get the spanners and the bank card out and get it sorted out lol.

I finally got the geometry setup after fitting the coilovers last year and more recently new ball joints, track rod ends, bottom arms and 2 new t1r's as i was down too the bands on one side due to running well over 2 degrees negative camber on one side.

old vs new

IMAG0080.jpg

heres what it got set too.

IMAG0084.jpg

ive rang to see how the 4wd dyno is coming on and the rollers still havent been machined so im thinking about taking this off the road and buying a clean eg civic (if i can find one) to knock about in until i can get this mapped and finished off its taking far too long now.

Why not just take her else where to be mapped? Is plenty of 4wd dyno's in the country dude.

think they have to be adjustable rollers for one. also have to be able to adjust to starlet wheel base length. most just adjust a little for fluctuations in evos imprezas etc

the rollers near me put the rear on axle stands so the rears spin freely in the air and get power graphs that way. prob pikey way lol i dunno.

Why not just take her else where to be mapped? Is plenty of 4wd dyno's in the country dude.

theres no 4wd dyno in cumbria but this guy is building one him self as he currently just has a 2wd one he built years ago. i dont want to go to another tuner as ive been to him quite alot and hes spot on, and ive seen cars his mapped and built him self and he knows what hes doing. plus hes about 40 mins away. and he doesnt just do mapping he will do anything, engine building, any fabrication steel or alloy, custom exhausts, manifolds intercoolers anything at all. this dyno hes building can go from pretty much the length of a classic mini (if it was 4wd) to long enough for anything you like.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think its anywhere near 250 ish at a bar. If he wants to have a play with the map, boost or try the bigger injectors while I'm there it might be interesting. I need to order a few parts for when it gets fully mapped, just to finish it off. There's a few things I want to try out on it too. Video of it should be up tomorrow night all been well.

well had the beast on the dyno and i was quite surprised at 1 bar it was making 240 odd then i turned it up to 1.1 and it did a few runs then he took a bit of fuel out of the top end and it made 252.3bhp 243.5ft lbs 5e torque! its making peak power at 5800rpm too which is nice. he said he could play with the map some more but there was no point since in a few weeks its going back for a different ecu ect.

heres the graph and a video of the earlier run

IMAG0105.jpg

IMAG0100.jpg

dyno vid

also this beast was in! hill climb monster running a short stroke hyabusa engine super charged! he had just rewired it and fitted a new dta on it.

IMAG0102.jpg

IMAG0101.jpg