My Forged 5e 4wd Ep85 - anyone after an ep85??

What!! Sell the 85 because you have to many cars? One of wich is a civic (booooo) and an ax (bigger boooooooo) get shot of them job done cars thined down!! :D thought you ment like buying a house or clear debts or somthin. you will regret it mate. unless you need the cash just sorn it and tuck her away for a while ;) because you WILL miss it!

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

na no debts or anything like that, if a decent house came up with a big garage i would buy it, nothing about round here though.

the ax gti is a quality machine but it will be going. its so clean though! cant beat the old civics mate so much nicer to drive than the starlets and handle great. ive got some dc2 shocks and springs for it, the fronts are on but need the lca's to fit the rear ones. more bits on the way for it. my mates giving me a vtec lump to go in it too.

i will be having clear out in the next week or so, should be a good few bits and pieces making their way into the forsale section.

I've still got em all but I hacked the front bumper to fit the hdi in it. I made a bit of a mess of it as I knew I wouldnt be needing it. It would be a bit of a mission to send unless you sorted your own courier. I have the front fogs for it too

• 2 weeks later...

hey boss

hope all is well with you

i'd also recommend you dont sell the ep85...yours is a very good build and reliable

i know many who have regretted selling thiers a while after

however, if you have big plans like house/land, studies, etc, then its understandable if you must sell it

did you ever get the acis properly hooked up and a cross-over point found?

the acis is all setup to the be controled by the ecu but the car was spinning up on the dyno too much and he found it was spinning more when he was playing about with the acis. it needs to go back on the dyno when his 4wd dyno is finally built. So it is currently not in use.

Edited by Bean
Guest Enzo

minted power, minted ep and minted videos, more vidoes please? :)

added to the leader board ;)

Dont do it lad, you are only starting to have fun with it. It will cost you nothing parked up.

this, \

get that nova/fiesty to fuck, looks like a money pit,

the other three i can understand a wee bit but aye if i had a 4x4 85 to the same spec as yours id never get rid, everrrrr

nova? what you on about geo? lol. yeah i always ment to get some vids but never get round to it. since the last drag racing i took the car for its mot (it passed) and ive not had it out since. theres another weekend of drag racing at kirkbride on the 19/20 may so it will be coming out for that.

Ive been gathering bits up for a vtec swap and manual conversion for the civic. the ax is up for sale though it should go soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Enzo

shite, lols is that a kp?

shotgun gun for a spin in this now you have it mapped.

would you do the drive up to the banzai day at crail at the end of the month, loads of people could see what the 4paw could do?

the civic just sounds like hassle but if you can afford it,

buying one already sorted would save on a lot of hassle and stress no?

Yeah sure is a kp! I've not bothered with the 85 since that last drag day except to mot it. I was ment to race it on sat but ended up sorting my mates cars instead. It's not taxed or insured any more. It needs to go back for the map adjusted a bit low down and sort the idle and throttle sticking issues, very scary when throttle sticks at full boost coming up to a roundabout! I had to go round pulling on the handbrake to reign it in! I doubt I would get up mate as I've got loads on in the coming weeks. After blasting my mates ek9 about I really wanna build up the eg. Got loads of bits ready for a swap.

check the accelerator cable to see if its "bent", hitting anything or breaking

also check to make sure its path to the TB is completely clear and that the spring on the throttle is applying the pressure its suppose to (should be snapping back into closed position pretty firmly when the cable is free or not in place)

the throttle cable now runs behind the inlet as the civic throttle body works the other way round to the starlet one. it has a bit of a tight bend in it after it comes through the bulkhead so thats probably the problem. i will check what you said though when i get chance, cheers

• 5 months later...

not really an update but at the end of august i bought a house as it was the only way to get a garage!

it was originally 2 singles so i knocked it though then pulled the ceiling down put insulation up then plaster boarded it and my dad skimmed it. there was no power to it either so i got a guy i know to wire it all up for me, loads of sockets and plenty of strip lights. then i cut a doorway though from the garage into the workshop. then it was time to reunite the starlets! :D

IMAG0696.jpg

thanks guys, yeah i looked for garages for about 2 years, i pretty much had one bought it was going to cost me 32k but when i went to sign at the solicitors i couldnt do it. then i went to buy a massive warehouse at auction but got outbid by 4k :( that place would have been immense. i looked at a few other garages and buildings but in the end it was going to be more worth while buying this place. the garage is quite decent where the photo is taken from goes into the workshop where theres an old blacksmiths bench and a big vice.

I bought the kp at the start of summer last year after searching high and low for over a year, i did a bit to it when i got it as it only had a weeks mot and it failed on a few things. i got it sorted and took it on a road trip with the gf for a week camping then we went down to ultimate street car at the pod i clocked up 800 miles on the clock so i probably did about 600 lol. it loved it. Until today its sat in another little garage for 12 months which i rent for 7 quid a week.

• 1 month later...

No updates on this unfortunately, its just sat in the garage. I fire it up now and again to rattle a few windows but i need to do a bit more on it.

Here's a pic of the "launch box" its a bit ghetto lol

IMAG0821.jpg

• 2 months later...

Well i thought i better get a move on with this ready for the meet at tuning developments. took it for its mot earlier and it passed. got a decent price on the insurance too on a classic policy. just need to tax it and im sorted.

this is one of the shaker lifts, i hadn't seen one until recently, very strange watching your car getting wobbled about on a lift!

20130411_154155_1_zpsfbfb17d1.jpg