My Forged 5e 4wd Ep85 - anyone after an ep85??

yeah the lift has a motor which moves the pads that the wheels sit on so the whole car gets shook from left to right so you can really check all the bushes and suspension components for wear. not been far in it yet but it was spinning the wheels in second and i had it just running .9 bar lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

had a few little problems since i got it back on the road. it wouldnt boot over .97 bar and it was loosing the spark. After hooking up the laptop to the dta it was obvious the crank sensor was causing problems. so i swapped that and the coil pack and new plugs and its away again 1.55 bar. the bolts on the throttle body seemed to all come loose too which was a bit strange so ive tightened them up with some lock tight on them.

i just took my girl friend out in it for the first time in about 2 years... she said she wont be getting back in and she went straight to the fridge and opened a bottle of wine. haha its going well then!!

Edited by Bean

Yep its booked in for some more tweaking on Tuesday! probably get the ecu to control the boost and do away with the boost controller. off to toyota now to collect a 5k gasket kit for the kp!!

Well, had the car down at tuning developments for a dyno run after it missing the meet last sunday. it was a bit of a last minute decision but they managed to squeeze me in at short notice. The car made 302.9bhp ATF 227.1 atw. It was the first time the car had been on a 4wd dyno. the boost seemed to be a bit all over the place but i think the gain was just a bit too high on the ebc. Im happy enough with the result and the car made the trip there and back without any problems which is always good.

This is the furthest the car has been in a good few years, and its used over a tank of fuel today lol.

cheers guys.

and heres a video of one of the runs

Edited by Bean

Nice meeting u today mate , and your machine spat some proper flames on the dyno lol I nearly had a heart attack lol

yeah you too mate, thats a really nice GT you have there, cant be many left as clean as yours. best one ive seen in a long time. There was a few pretty big bangs out of it! you should have heard it when i was having spark problems earlier in the week!

Cheers guys!

Grant yours will sound like a plane taking off i reckon! plans for the car... probably leave it in the garage till next year lol. its going back to jdm for a few tweaks to the idle and cold start ect on monday maybe a bit more mapping see what happens. there is still a bit more power left to come out of it, not much but a little. really i should get all the gt kit ive got for it put on. ive got the full oem aero kit to go on it.

Ive noticed my power steering belt has got a bit shredded so i will be needing a new one and work out whats happened to it. i will be re doing the exhaust system on it now ive got pro tig welding skills lol.

Edited by Bean

Cheers mate I try to keep it as clean as possible as like u say not to many tidy examples left all I need now is your engine power lol must be a nice motor to drive urs mate must pull u about a bit lol

Yours will go well as it is I bet. Keep the car so you can use it every day. When you end up changing everything on them theres always something you need to keep an eye on. I just want to get my kp back on the road but I doubt it will be this year for it.

• 1 month later...

Been thinking about selling this again. i just dont seem to have the time like i used to and ive got a new job coming up. i really want to finish my kp and get that back on the road.

Is anyone seriously looking for a ep85 rolling shell? no time wasters please.

Dont do it man!! I almost did the other day then relaised it costs nout to keep and when you realy think about it when will you honestly be able to find another 4wd starlet??? These will only ever go up in value dude! Fact!