My Forged 5e 4wd Ep85 - anyone after an ep85??

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys, I'm heading back home today after been in Lancaster all week. Hopefully I will get through for a vid of it on the dyno and post the graph up.

me too John! yeah the graph shouldn't be far away mate, im back home now. if i get chance tomorrow i will call round jdm dyno and get him to print me one off. theres still a bit of work left for him to do on the car yet, and theres some local drag days coming up soon so you wont have to wait long! the dates are

31st March - 1st April

19th May - Sunday 20th May

the car has another 70-80 odd bhp since the last one, so hopefully there should be room for improvement!

no there local drag racing dates up in cumbria on an old air field mate.

heres a few pics, no fancy photoshop or slr pics here im afraid lol.

the distributor has completely gone now

IMAG0152.jpg

HKS fuel rail finally fitted ive had this for years now lol

IMAG0140.jpg

new injectors and the plugs have been changed on the loom for them.

IMAG0144.jpg

crank sensor and you can just see the trigger wheel.

IMAG0146.jpg

the mapping isnt finished yet, the acis intake hasnt been setup yet, and a new inlet pipe from the air filter to the turbo will be fabricated, and the downpipe narrows down from 2.5inch to 2.25 so that will be opened up then everything will be 2.5 inch. He was saying the car has made the power very easily and he didnt realise it would make as much as it has and he said its got very little ignition in the map so far. Maybe theres a little more to come out of it yet?

Anyway heres the graph, where it dips and screw up a bit is where it span up on the dyno, so where it says 309.6ft lbs thats not quite right. peak torque is 300 just after 5.5k rpm.

IMAG0156.jpg

Nice, what rpm are you switching the mani over at?

its not been setup yet mate still a little more tweaking to do

Was the AFR hooked up on the dyno? Looks a bit flat on that graph at 12.0...?

hmm i guess it was??

i went up and got a little video of it, not the best but here it is.

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0SsC2g4esw&list=UU3Cdtq9JbToDKE2R_Ikt2tg&index=1&feature=plcp

• 3 weeks later...

Its running a coil pack for the standalone ecu if thats what you mean matty.

Bean nip over to tunemytoyota.com if you get a mo as theres pics of your ep85 one of the mods has posted and they are keen to hear from you ;)

as for the leads there the stock magnecore starlet one but they do fit the vauxhall coilpack but not quite perfect. one of them broke so it has had the vauxhall end fitted which is what i will be doing to the rest of them.

i went up to see this again and its got a few odds and ends to be done yet. it will be getting a variable knob fitted to adjust the slip from the traction control which should be cool! and a few other cool features also.

he says theres still a bit more to come out of it but the rollers on his dyno are too smooth and its spinning to much to do any more with it. still a few bits to get done on it yet.

ive never heard of that site shorty whats it like. i should get on it later today. but got to go see a mate about a deal on some semi slicks for the drag racing at the weekend!

Is the traction control just one of the features of the ecu? Yea the sites ok tbh. full of americans with a wide range of toyotas covered. there starlet knowlegde is quite low tbh though. seem like a nice bunch though. i stubbled across it looking for more info on ae101 levins lol

Cracking effort, love this build! Finally got my 5e coming together, i want to push for about 300hp i would be well chuffed with that. Do you have any recomendations on what i need to run as a minimum to crack 300 on a 5e?

Is the traction control just one of the features of the ecu? Yea the sites ok tbh. full of americans with a wide range of toyotas covered. there starlet knowlegde is quite low tbh though. seem like a nice bunch though. i stubbled across it looking for more info on ae101 levins lol

yeah the s80 has most features you would ever need, including pit lane speed limiter haha.

Cracking effort, love this build! Finally got my 5e coming together, i want to push for about 300hp i would be well chuffed with that. Do you have any recomendations on what i need to run as a minimum to crack 300 on a 5e?

cheers mate. why not just go for a vf35 that will get you your 300 and a little more ^_^ with great spool.

• 3 weeks later...

Random!! Shame after all the work dude. still needs must ect :(

yeah alot of time has gone into it and some pile of cash!

Are you serious, why?

this

IMAG0250.jpg

and this

IMAG0187.jpg

ive got 4 cars atm and i think i need to thin back down!

IMAG0235.jpg

ive been spending a good bit of time fixing these up recently too

IMAG0204.jpg

Edited by Bean