My Forged 5e 4wd Ep85 - anyone after an ep85??

yeah thats right john. ive drove a gt with the same power and yeah it pulls all over the road lol. yeah its just an old td04l map i added some more fuel in for the 5e. i could have got him to adjust the map and sort it out more but theres no point when its going back in a few weeks for the dta ecu ect. im looking forward to finally getting some progress on it and getting some more power out of it.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awsome mate :) This just makes me want a 5e even more!

its definitely worth doing mate its just a better drive. mine spools this vf35 quicker than a 4e spools a td04l, theres no dropping gears to get boost or overtaking just foot down and the boosts there.

you wont regret it john. the 4efte is a great engine but you cant get away from that its only a 1.3 as soon as i drove my 5e up the road for the first time i could tell the difference straight away. im glad i chose 5e over another 4e.

looks like im getting the s80 now mate. cant wait! ive got another car now too so i can leave the 85 with him until its finished now without needed to use it :) i have been using this car daily all year until now and its never missed a beat.

This figure hehe :) realy nice, im still running 1,2 bb but its ok. is your turbo boosting up like a blitz k1, could ya compare?

I want to make a 4e 10k engine for the change and look where it ends there in that range.

But is 250+hp already to much for a fwd system at all... i already had to change to semi slicks when going to 1,2bb on the fwd system.

what power range should be good in a 4wd system then, ya can go up all the time with the most hp but when ya gonna use it?

Just figuring it out what kind of setup should be the best for my drivin.

Just stuggeling wich (82/85) i should upgrade to more power then 1,2bb. i would say 4wd but that one thing is that i need all those parts that already are on the 82, so this one is ready to drop in the fast engine.

What would you advise...

• 2 months later...

well not much of an update as i need to get hold of a connector for a ep3 tps sensor before much more can be done.

heres my inlet i will be using its the duel runner acis one with an adapter plate made up to fit a 62mm civic type r throttle body

IMAG0116.jpg

IMAG0115.jpg

haha cheers guys how can you have missed me ive been here forever lol. there should be some more progress on the car now. i needed a new map sensor but thats sorted now. i dont know about on track my mate is trying to get me signed up for one not far away. i prefer just drive like a knob on the road with no regard for the highway code haha (joking)

as for shows im not sure, its hard for me to get to them as i dont get many weekends off and i struggle to get days off. i should be at jap show but i will be in my other starlet i think.

Edited by Bean

im pretty sure the sera never got it. it came on the cynos and the tercel ive checked the part diagrams many times.

getting it to work should be no problem for the dta s80 ecu, its has loads of outputs for all sorts of extras.

• 3 weeks later...

It's been on the dyno last night and this morning and its made 324bhp and 300ftlbs I'm not sure if he's finished tweaking it yet or not. I've not seen it yet as I've been at Lancaster all week.